Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #226
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Let me just go ahead and kill this discussion. Currently

Durant's team is on pace to go 64-18
LeBron's team is on pace to go 58-24
Melo's team is on pace to go 57-25, but they're 5-5 over their last 10 and tanking

Durant is clearly the MVP to this point
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #227
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

jimmy77x is considered somewhat cooljimmy77x is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
You are gonna have to wait until April to understand my logic. I just don't view Carmelo as high as other posters (like yourself) do, he is for the most part a one dimensional player who is bond to cool down.

And Nash was never better than peak CP3, simply because Paul is much better on the defensive side while both are pretty equal offensively (you can give the edge to Nash on offense for his shooting ability). When Nash won those 2 MVPs he was never in the discussion for best player in the NBA, he won those MVPs by being the best player on very good teams.

Guys like Shaq, Duncan, LeBron, Garnett, Dirk were better players in '05

LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, Wade & Duncan were better in '06.

Well i guess we will wait and see then. And i dont view cp3 as highly as some posters (like yourself) he has always been a great point guard but has become overrated by alot of people like yourself. 2 years of averaging magic "like" numbers does not make him the end all be all point guard but i do believe he will be right there with the greats when its all said and done. Dispute the past all im saying is cp3 hasn't outplayed melo this year at all theres just no denying it.
jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #228
D-nugz
Kids at the park dunk on me

D-nugz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
You are gonna have to wait until April to understand my logic. I just don't view Carmelo as high as other posters (like yourself) do, he is for the most part a one dimensional player who is bond to cool down.

And Nash was never better than peak CP3, simply because Paul is much better on the defensive side while both are pretty equal offensively (you can give the edge to Nash on offense for his shooting ability). When Nash won those 2 MVPs he was never in the discussion for best player in the NBA, he won those MVPs by being the best player on very good teams.

Guys like Shaq, Duncan, LeBron, Garnett, Dirk were better players in '05

LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, Wade & Duncan were better in '06.

one dimensional??

D-nugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:19 AM   #229
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nugz
one dimensional??

Yes. Dominique Wilkins type players don't win MVP.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #230
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Let me just go ahead and kill this discussion. Currently

Durant's team is on pace to go 64-18
LeBron's team is on pace to go 58-24
Melo's team is on pace to go 57-25, but they're 5-5 over their last 10 and tanking

Durant is clearly the MVP to this point
MVP is about being the most VALUABLE player in the league, not in W's. Lebron clearly showed that last year when he won the MVP without his team even being #1 in the East. Durant and Lebron's team are two of the best and OKC's advantage in W's against Miami doesn't give him the edge over the walking triple double machine with better defense Lebron.

Also Durant should start performing against Lebron before being labelled more valuable.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #231
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

*BUMP*

Week 10 - Race to MVP ladder:
1. Chris Paul
2. Kevin Durant
3. Lebron James
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Zach Randolph
6. James Harden
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Stephen Curry
9. Tim Duncan
10. Josh Smith

Whoa!

Last edited by pauk : 01-12-2013 at 05:18 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #232
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
*BUMP*

Week 10 - Race to MVP ladder:
1. Chris Paul
2. Kevin Durant
3. Lebron James
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Zach Randolph
6. James Harden
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Stephen Curry
9. Tim Duncan
10. Josh Smith

Whoa!
Lol Chris Paul over Durant
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #233
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Lol Chris Paul over Durant
Dude plays in LA what did you expect? KD has the best case so far though, if they did the voting right now he would win it. Durant wants everything this year
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #234
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL at the cp3 hype. LBJ And durant are easily more valuable.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #235
joeyjoejoe
Good High School Starter

joeyjoejoe has an OK reputation so far

I know cp's not scoring big points but he has good overall stats and is every bit as important to his team as durant with clipps and okc having the same record sounds good to me
joeyjoejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #236
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
I know cp's not scoring big points but he has good overall stats and is every bit as important to his team as durant with clipps and okc having the same record sounds good to me

Clippers bench >>>> OKC's bench
KD has been more valuable lately, with Russ's poor shooting and poor bench production overall, than CP3.

1) KD
2) LBJ
3) CP3
4) Melo

Last edited by PyrrhusX : 01-12-2013 at 06:49 AM.
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #237
joeyjoejoe
Good High School Starter

joeyjoejoe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
Clippers bench >>>> OKC's bench
KD has been more valuable lately, with Russ's poor shooting and poor bench production overall, than CP3.

1) KD
2) LBJ
3) CP3
4) Melo

Clipps do have better bench but durant has the better starters to work with then cp, durants got wrstbrook, lbaka, sef, cp's got griffin then next best would be caron
joeyjoejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #238
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

lebron is best player imo, but i say it again the league mvp should go to the west.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #239
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The biggest thing against Melo right now is that he's missed 7 games. That's 20% of the season so far. Hard to justify him being ahead of guys who he's not way ahead of. I still have him ahead of Paul (Parker has also been better) but it's hard to justify him ahead of Durant...and, at this point, even Lebron. Just because of the games missed. That's a lot to miss to this point and not easy to make up if the race is close to begin with. But he should be in the discussion.

That Kia ladder is garbage.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #240
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe with that record...
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: