Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-31-2007, 04:55 PM   #16
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Mlb 2007

why is ANYONE mentioning the Red Sox?

they finished 3rd in the division last year and will do so again.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:58 PM   #17
Chairman_Yao
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKing
The Red Sox have the best team on paper, They need a good closer and Piniero is not the answer. Cubs should be good with all the money they spent(Soriano), but they need to get their pitchers healthy. Dodgers should be very good, best in the NL.

I'm anxious to see how the cubs fair, and yes Dodgers will be the best in the NL unless the Cards keep it coming. . .and the Mets, kinda suprising last year, but this year I expect to see even more.
. . .
How does everybody think Pujoles will do this year? 60 hrs?
Chairman_Yao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:59 PM   #18
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech

JD Drew what a bad signing
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:01 PM   #19
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman_Yao
I'm anxious to see how the cubs fair, and yes Dodgers will be the best in the NL unless the Cards keep it coming. . .and the Mets, kinda suprising last year, but this year I expect to see even more.
. . .
How does everybody think Pujoles will do this year? 60 hrs?
cubs'll continue to suck as long as prior and wood continue to get hurt. every year they go down. if they stay healthy cubs might do decent
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #20
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

AL EAST: Baltimore had every chance in the world to make a serious challenge to New York and Boston. But they screwed that up by signing Tejada and Sosa. The Blue Jays may make a push this year if they don't screw up like they did last year.

NL EAST: Now that the Braves' dominance in the east is over, (they will be horrible this year) I expect the Nationals to do pretty well. That organization is long overdue for some success. The Florida Marlins also have a chance to win the division this year, though they may not do as well as they did last year after the firing of Girardi.

AL CENTRAL: The Tigers will probably be contenders again this year. They have a strong core of talent and a great manager in Jim Leyland. The White Sox will also be near the top as well.

The NL Central is up for grabs. Milwaukee has some good young talent, the Cubs spent all their money on Soriano and they better hope it pays off. They have a chance at the division this year. After the way the Cards and Astros struggled last year, I find it hard seeing them win the division again this year.

The AL West, like always, is anybody's division. It's got four mediocre teams with the Angels having the best chance at the division this year. The Rangers may finally be ready to make a serious push.

The NL West will be dominated by the Dodgers this year. San Diego will have another decent year, but nothing spectacular.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #21
Chairman_Yao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech

I think the Sox will do a load better this year if their pitching can remain consistent. Beckett and Schilling had a combined 31 wins yes, but they each had more losses than anyone else had wins. . . The rest of the rotation needs to step it up a little and the Sox will have a fine chance.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:05 PM   #22
Chairman_Yao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
cubs'll continue to suck as long as prior and wood continue to get hurt. every year they go down. if they stay healthy cubs might do decent

Agree.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
I think the Sox will do a load better this year if their pitching can remain consistent. Beckett and Schilling had a combined 31 wins yes, but they each had more losses than anyone else had wins. . . The rest of the rotation needs to step it up a little and the Sox will have a fine chance.

I despise the Red Sox but there is no way Beckett pitches as poorly as he did last year. He won't be as good as he was in the NL but expect definite improvement. BUT, Schilling isn't getting any younger and he is no "ace" anymore. Papelbon, Daisuke and Wakefield do make a very solid end of the rotation.

Their bullpen is still a complete mess though.

The Yanks still should take the AL East IMO. I just hope the Jays can make a better run at the Wild Card this year.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 01-31-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #24
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Too bad Fransico Liriano had to have Tommy John surgery and is out for the year for the Twins.

If he was healthy Twins = World Series Champs

Maybe in 2008 when he returns.

Liriano + Santana = domination
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:22 PM   #25
Chairman_Yao

How does everybody think the Reds will do this year? Last year they ended 3.5 games behind, but stayed in it till nearly the end. . .
Old 01-31-2007, 06:29 PM   #26
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Yanks are winning it all.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #27
Chairman_Yao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
Too bad Fransico Liriano had to have Tommy John surgery and is out for the year for the Twins.

If he was healthy Twins = World Series Champs

Maybe in 2008 when he returns.

Liriano + Santana = domination

Now they're still going to have to get through the Tigers and White Sox. . .not quite so easy.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #28
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Still cheering for the Jays and I honestly think Meche and Lilly rejecting our offers were a blessing in disguise. I'm sure one of our younger guys can put up a 4 ERA in 180 innings.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #29
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Now they're still going to have to get through the Tigers and White Sox. . .not quite so easy.

The Twins were easily the best team in baseball the 2nd half of the season last year, but Liriano went down in September so they werent really a factor in the postseason.

Liriano and Santana are both left-handed STUDS, Some people think Liriano is better than Santana, thats a scary thought if thats still true in 2008, because some people come back stronger from Tommy John surgery.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #30
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Still cheering for the Jays and I honestly think Meche and Lilly rejecting our offers were a blessing in disguise. I'm sure one of our younger guys can put up a 4 ERA in 180 innings.

Lilly is a decent pitcher plus hes left handed which is a plus, but you're right on Meche, hes garbage.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: