Damn, Batum was unconscious today... single-handedly brought the blazers back in the game. And Lillard has a great shot and ice in his veins, just deadly.
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
I'd be willing to bet that's bevcause Douglas was on Lillard far more than Lin was. If Lin was the primary defender, he would have gotten lit up.
Please, enough of these conjectures. A possible reason they didn't think Lin was ok for OT was because last game against the blazers he overhelped and got burned by Lillard in OT. However, he took much fewer gambles in help defense today.
I stand by the comment. This Rockets defense is horrible, almost as bad as ours. When he does this on the Heat or Thunder then I'll know he has the potential to be something really special. He doesn't deserve the hype yet.
All I said was that I think he'll be ROY. How is that being a fairweather fan? His stat lines are consistently better than his closest rival (Anthony Davis) in the race.
What do you mean, "wow"? Look who's not in the game in crunch time. Toney f'ing Douglas is getiting Lin's minutes.
What does that tell you about what the coaching staff feels? If they were confident in his defense, he'd be playing.
I am laughing in agony right now. I'll be frank: you don't know what the **** you're talking about, citing our coaching staff as a credible source. They made so many errors in the 4th and OT that I can't even remember them all, but I can still list off 5 errors attributable to them.
1) We kept getting burned by pick and rolls. No change in how we defended them.
2) Harden went for a transition lay-up while our other players were walking past half court, waiting for our coaches to call time-out.
3) Douglas over Lin. Holy shit, this was laughable. Douglas shot like 3 shots in OT that were all bad looks.
4) Not calling time out when we had the rebound with 9 seconds to go, letting the Blazers foul us with 1.7 seconds to go when we're down 3 points.
5) Letting Harden iso and lose the ball several times.
This was one of the worst displays of coaching I have ever seen.
Its not a matter of math, who was guarding whom? Was Lin the primary defender on Lillard for most of the time on the floor?
Yes he was, until the end. To the eye Toney Douglas looks like a lockdown defender because he constantly pesters his opponent. However, it's misleading, because in today's game, Lin was doing a better job on Lillard according to the stats. The ole eye check is not infallible.