Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #136
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The official Raptors basketball game thread

Twas a losing effort, but 24 and 12 from Davis says all that needs to be said. Bargs should never start another game for this team. Period.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #137
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Solid effort for the most part but still not a full 48 minute effort.

Ed Davis is proving his worth. Let the man start henceforth!
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #138
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Solid effort for the most part but still not a full 48 minute effort.

Ed Davis is proving his worth. Let the man start henceforth!

Was very impressed by Ed tonight, and honestly not surprised at all. He has shown that he has an efficient, simple, and energy filled game on both ends of the floor.

He definitely deserves to start over Bargnani, and not just start in the place of an injured Bargnani.
Bcogswell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #139
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we just ran out of gas tonight. 45 mins for Davis, 44 for DD and 40 for Calderon. 8 man rotation, the guys were clearly gassed in the 2nd half. That being said great game for Ed as has been mentioned. Solid game for Val. Amazing dunk by T-Ross. I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st half of the game and Ed Davis should absolutely be starting over Bargnani.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #140
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Terrance Ross has that T-Mac demeanor. Like he'll so a crazy dunk or something and have no change in facial expression like it was nothing. I like the guy though.

edit: that being said, it's halftime. how much do we end up losing this game by. My guess would be a 3 point heartbreaker... although i don't think it would really break anyone's heart anymore. I've LOOONG since given up on this season. It's in the shitter.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #141
DJMason
High School JV MVP

I gotta say, I love the look of this team without Bargs and Lowry playing. Much more cohesive offense. It seems obvious that Bargs is on the block, but I'm getting more and more down with the idea of trading Lowry if it means pushing the rebuild along.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #142
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dallas gave up like mid 3rd quarter. I guess we've gotta win every once in awhile. Nobody really had a standout night but I enjoyed the energy that his unit plays with as always. Looking for a lot more consistency out of Val but I always keep in mind his age and that it's still his rookie season.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #143
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

A raptors win??

What is this?? I don't even..
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #144
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I will give respect where respect is due. Thumbs up to Casey tonight he definitely had one of his better nights as a coach.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #145
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
I will give respect where respect is due. Thumbs up to Casey tonight he definitely had one of his better nights as a coach.
I really don't buy that. If we had a full healthy roster, Lowry, Fields, and Bargs would've started as they had been and not just that they would've started, they would've closed out the game as well. And to me had they started it might have had a different outcome. I also feel like them being out has forced Casey to play Davis, Ross, and Val more minutes which he wasn't doing previously. And Bargnani being out has been addition by subtraction. I think Casey has been saying the right things but playing the wrong players.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #146
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I really don't buy that. If we had a full healthy roster, Lowry, Fields, and Bargs would've started as they had been and not just that they would've started, they would've closed out the game as well. And to me had they started it might have had a different outcome. I also feel like them being out has forced Casey to play Davis, Ross, and Val more minutes which he wasn't doing previously. And Bargnani being out has been addition by subtraction. I think Casey has been saying the right things but playing the wrong players.

I think Casey did a good job with the players he had to work with. I don't think anyone expected a win tn
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #147
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I think Casey did a good job with the players he had to work with. I don't think anyone expected a win tn
Your right about nobody expecting a win but that's due to us having the 2nd worse record in the NBA. If he deserves so much credit for our 5 wins, then he also deserves credit for our 19 losses. He was the coach for those games too. As far as winnable games go, we were at home facing an average Mavericks team that had played 5 of their last 6 games on the road and didn't look too motivated. I didn't expect a win, but I also don't consider the game a huge upset.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #148
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

It's official, raps have officially helped in the ending of 2 3-point streaks in the past few games!

Last edited by T-Low : 12-15-2012 at 02:28 PM.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #149
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

No, Casey was forced to play right ones.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #150
DJMason
High School JV MVP

I know that I'm a broken record here, but I'm developing a man crush on Davis' game.

Also, anyone else noticing all the commentators suddenly throwing Bargs under a bus now that he's on the trade block? Even Leo "that's a 7 footer there!" Rautins.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: