Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation
Default Re: The official Raptors basketball game thread

Jose has been filling in nicely with Lowry out. Good thing we haven't traded him yet..imagine if we had Lucas starting for us
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Jose has been filling in nicely with Lowry out. Good thing we haven't traded him yet..imagine if we had Lucas starting for us
To me, Calderon should be a starting point guard. Throw him on a team like the Knicks for example and he'd look like Steve Nash with all the assists he'd get and the wide open 3's he'd hit being the 3rd or 4th offensive option on the floor. That's just one example, there are several teams that could've used a guy like Jose. I think that he's wasted a lot of years in Toronto and we've wasted our time on him too since for some reason even though he's been here his entire NBA career he's always been on the trading block the majority of the time. I like the guy, i'm getting kind of tired of wondering where he's gonna be next year and what good performances like this mean to us in the long term.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #18
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Calderon is absolutely a starting PG in this league, and if he's on a team with capable post defenders, he'd be one of the most valuable PG's. I'd love to have him on my team is we were in a contending position, but we aren't, so I sincerely hope he gets moved to a contending team; for his benefit and for the Raptors benefit.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

I'm thinking if Jose asked BC what their relationship status he would either respond "it's complicated" or "friends with benefits."
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
Legends66NBA7
Apex

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BREAKING NEWS - Kyle Lowry is in the line up tonight !

Will not start, but will be coming of the bench !

Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's funny that we're in a Calderon/TJ Ford situation all over again. BC is such an idiot for this being the 2nd time it's happened. We get a cutting/slashing pg because of not feeling Jose is good enough, he goes down and then it's like oh shit Calderon is a capable starter. To me, we should've traded Jose when we got Lowry. Not because I don't like him, but because it would've made more sense than this Jose/TJ 2.0.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #22
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Experimenting with those 2 together in the lineup during crunch time was a stupid move. It compromised our defense.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #23
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Why was Val on the bench in the 4th? Especially when philly started to win the battle on the boards? Why was amir still on the floor when he was clearly having off night? WTF was this mcguire scrub being subbed in for johnson when he fouled out? Philly couldnt control Val, yet he was benched.

Casey really showed he isnt a general who can adapt to situations when he is on the losing side. This guy is starting to look like an idiot and I can see why he did so bad when he was with the wolves.

Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #24
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Dwayne Casey might be the biggest idiot. When Val dominates the game like he did, Casey will just take him out and leave Amir out there for the entire 4th quarter. Even when Amir did nothing whatsoever to prove that he belonged out there.

Agree with the Calderon comment as well. Might as well keep Lowry out there because at least he can stay infront of Holiday and take Jose out.

The line up when finishing games is pretty much:
Calderon
Lowry
Derozan
Johnson
Bargs

Doesn't matter what anybody else contributes during the game.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #25
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Absolutely disgusting
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

I just don't get it. Triano used to do the same thing. Having a closing unit that would play down the stretch no matter what. No adjustments. Clearly Calderon shouldn't have been out there at the end of the game. And Val should've been on the floor, definitely. It's disappointing how Casey hasn't really adjusted at all to the new talent on this team.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

Does Casey read the forum?????? He FINALLY put Val on at crunch time and hes BEASTING!

edit: I guess I spoke too soon. But I think we were made better by his presence on the court, even beyond just stats. Also, i'd say if he had been thrown in there a few more times he'd probably have looked a little better out there at the end.

Last edited by bokes15 : 11-21-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #28
bokes15
Playoffs!

what a horribly officiated game. I can't even comment right now. kinda pissed.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The joy I get from watching Valanciunas and Lowry quickly dissipates when I remember the money to talent ratio of the rest of the roster.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

How many heart breakers do we have to endure?

A part of me would rather see them lose big, than lose these 'down to the wire games...
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: