Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #301
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Re: The official Raptors basketball 2012-13 game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
I still think the Raptors are gonna finish just outside a 8th spot. I don't mind it tho. It's refreshing to see the Raptors win again and we'll be giving Houston a low lottery pick in a weak draft.

Fixed.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #302
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Fixed.

Our pick went to OKC in the Harden deal.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #303
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Our pick went to OKC in the Harden deal.

Oh didn't know that my bad!
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #304
RapsFan
Great college starter

At the game last night. It was epic. Basically felt like the NBA finals with how loud it was down the stretch. I was in a box so the view was awesome when everyone was on their feet. Bargs was booed every time he entered the game and cheered when he left. Hilarious. I must say when you are at the game, you forget about the battle for lottery balls etc as long a the team is competitive on the court on that given day.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #305
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
At the game last night. It was epic. Basically felt like the NBA finals with how loud it was down the stretch. I was in a box so the view was awesome when everyone was on their feet. Bargs was booed every time he entered the game and cheered when he left. Hilarious. I must say when you are at the game, you forget about the battle for lottery balls etc as long a the team is competitive on the court on that given day.
That's awesome man. Especially to see such a close, competitve game that we ended up pulling off. To tell you the truth, I stopped thinking about the lottery balls the moment we got Rudy Gay. Yeah, it's most likely for us to finish on the playoff fringe but it's nice to at least have a little bit of hope.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #306
Beebo
Good college starter

We're 4 games back of Milwaukee now.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #307
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

We really need to keep beating all the "easy" teams and sneak away with some wins against the teams that we should technically lose against if we want to make it in the playoffs. Milwaukee definitely has a harder schedule to end the season then we do though.

However, Philly is basically tied with us aren't they and played less games so we may actually need to worry about them considering Bynum should be back soon I think.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #308
bokes15
Playoffs!

For putting a lineup of JL3/Ross/Derozan/Anderson/Bargs out there at the same time in a game we're trying to WIN, D. Casey should be fired on the spot.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #309
bokes15
Playoffs!

First off, what an ugly loss. Gay couldn't drop a rock in the ocean tonight but yet there's a ton of blame to go around. Our defense was deplorable. Layups and dunks given up with the game on the line. Open shot after open shot. Unless Val had some type of major unknown injury occur when he was taken out late in the third, i'm not sure why the hell Bargs was inserted in there right when we were neck and neck with Washington and kept in while missing most of his shots and being his normal self on defense looking lost and pathetic. From the point he entered the game and on we were playing catchup. Even when Val isn't putting up many numbers on the board at least he's in the right spots, playing hard defense, and fighting for it in the paint. He brings value to the game whether he scores or not. The lineups from the late 3rd and on were ridiculous. You put the worst possible rebounding and defensive unit we have all out there at the same time and we get chewed up. Then the starters are playing catchup ball. This game was enough to prove to me we are not a playoff team. Only way we get in is if Milwaukee continues to sputter and it becomes one of those years where a sub .500 team makes the 8 seed.

Last edited by bokes15 : 02-25-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #310
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

I have no idea why Casey is under the impression that once it is the fourth quarter you are not allowed to play two bigs at once. I am so tired of seeing Val on the bench in the fourth, as he gets benched even when he is playing well.

Casey's horrible rotations, lack of play calling, and just general infatuation with small ball is going to kill the already slim chance at making the playoffs. Both BC and him need to be fired in the off season and replaced with respectable people with experience.

Bargnani plays 21 minutes and Val just under 18.. yet Val who is the starter and isn't playing like absolute shit is the one receiving the short end of the stick?

And Rudy couldn't hit anything what so ever, 1-11 and I'm pretty sure his only basket was a dunk if I recall correctly.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #311
bokes15
Playoffs!

^^I don't know why DC CONSISTENTLY likes playing without a center out there. It just makes no damn sense. It's NOT an advantage. Especially against a team that has 2 solid bigs down there in Nene and Okafor. We can always count on 4th quarter = Val on the bench, JL3 playing heavy minutes, a 4/5 combo of a PF and SF (or 2 SF's), and some questionable playcalling/execution with the game on the line.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #312
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
^^I don't know why DC CONSISTENTLY likes playing without a center out there. It just makes no damn sense. It's NOT an advantage. Especially against a team that has 2 solid bigs down there in Nene and Okafor. We can always count on 4th quarter = Val on the bench, JL3 playing heavy minutes, a 4/5 combo of a PF and SF (or 2 SF's), and some questionable playcalling/execution with the game on the line.

Yeah its ridiculous. I don't think he knows that he doesn't always have to match the other team and that every once in a while you could play your bigs and either force them to match you or you'll take advantage of them in the paint.

Casey is not a good coach, he should either be fired/demote to assistant and replaced or assigned a offensive coach to assist him, surely we can find someone who knows how to at least call a play.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #313
bokes15
Playoffs!

Totally agree. I liked Casey when he first came in last year, how all our defensive ratings went up, how we exceeded expectations in the lockout season. But this year when he was given more talent to work with it became clear he had no idea how to utilize it. Val is being wasted on a coach like Casey and a playoff calibur roster (albeit, a low playoff seed) looks like nothing more than a scrappy lotto team night in and night out. Our team composition is of course not perfect, but our coach is bad Point blank.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #314
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Totally agree. I liked Casey when he first came in last year, how all our defensive ratings went up, how we exceeded expectations in the lockout season. But this year when he was given more talent to work with it became clear he had no idea how to utilize it. Val is being wasted on a coach like Casey and a playoff calibur roster (albeit, a low playoff seed) looks like nothing more than a scrappy lotto team night in and night out. Our team composition is of course not perfect, but our coach is bad Point blank.

Yeah he continually costs us games with his bad decisions and rotations, which wouldn't be soooo bad if we still had a draft pick, or he was at least trying to develop Val or Ross.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #315
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Didn't know where else to put this, but don't think it deserved its own thread:

Raps TV ratings:

Memphis-Toronto: 164,000 (SN)
Knicks-Raps: 204,000 (SN)
Lakers-Raps: 148,000 (TSN)

For perspective:

Toronto Blue Jays Spring Traing Game #1: 456,000 (SN)
Toronto Blue Jays Spring Training Game #1 Pre-Game show: 206,000 (SN)

http://canadiansportsfan.wordpress.c...ruary-25-2013/
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: