Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #331
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Default Re: The official Raptors basketball 2012-13 game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Telfair was a non-factor in Phoenix too. Unless he has a Jerry'd Bayless-esque resurgance I see him at best being the same guy he's been the last few years of his career. Sure it's better than Lucas but that's not saying much. I don't think any playoff team would want a combo of Telfair/JL3 at backup point. But then again we're not a playoff team anyways so it doesn't matter.

I agree we should be aiming for better than Telfair/JL3 as a backup but we likely won't get anything better considering our cap situation. I also agree we are not a playoff team, we need to fire BC/Casey, trade or amnesty Bargnani/Klezia, and try and drop some other bad players/contracts if at all possible.

Keeping Lowry, DeRozan, Gay, Val, Amir, and Ross. Hell I wouldn't even be opposed of using Ross as a trade piece since we won't ever play him or Val any actual minutes unless BC and Casey are gone.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #332
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

We don't deserve to make the playoffs after losing to the wiz and Irving-less Cavs.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #333
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
We don't deserve to make the playoffs after losing to the wiz and Irving-less Cavs.

Yeah I'm kind of hoping we just finish in 9th and give OKC our pick. If it happens we at least get it over with during a "weak draft" and it could potentially lead to the firing of BC (or Casey)
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #334
bokes15
Playoffs!

Trying to figure out, was Casey intentionally throwing the game? Was he trying to send a message about how bad our bench is? Wow, oh well, bring on the tank.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #335
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Trying to figure out, was Casey intentionally throwing the game? Was he trying to send a message about how bad our bench is? Wow, oh well, bring on the tank.

The only problem is we will either finish with the worst possible pick we can keep #14 or we end up with #15 and have to give the pick to OKC.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #336
bokes15
Playoffs!

Only way we wouldn't be giving up the pick is if we get a top 3 pick (doubtful) or make the playoffs (more doubtful). So we probably will give it up this year.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #337
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Only way we wouldn't be giving up the pick is if we get a top 3 pick (doubtful) or make the playoffs (more doubtful). So we probably will give it up this year.

Yeah that was my bad, don't know what I was going through lol. I meant we make the playoffs and keep our pick #15 or finish in with either #13 or #14 and give it to OKC. The only purpose of tanking would be to give OKC a better pick cause theres no way we are getting top 3.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #338
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
Yeah that was my bad, don't know what I was going through lol. I meant we make the playoffs and keep our pick #15 or finish in with either #13 or #14 and give it to OKC. The only purpose of tanking would be to give OKC a better pick cause theres no way we are getting top 3.

One point of tanking would be one or even better both of Casey an BC might get canned. Hopefully this team sh!ts the bed hard enough that BC can't get by by just focusing on the post-Gay record.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #339
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
One point of tanking would be one or even better both of Casey an BC might get canned. Hopefully this team sh!ts the bed hard enough that BC can't get by by just focusing on the post-Gay record.

Yeah but that can only happen if the players choose to tank and not the management as they will try to pull as many wins out as possible to save themselves.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #340
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Yeah but that can only happen if the players choose to tank and not the management as they will try to pull as many wins out as possible to save themselves.
Which is why what Casey did today made absolutely no sense. You wouldn't think he would leave that lineup out there knowing that the team needs to win in order to save his ass from being fired in the off-season.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #341
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:

I think you overestimate management's ability to be successful in it's attempts to win games. At least based on Casey's idea of playoff push rotations and playcalling.

I'm not foolish enough to hope for an intentional tank. I just now officially want the tank that is naturally occurring to just roll on.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:53 AM   #342
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Wtf happened to Lowry??

Why has he been playing so passively?? I hope the coaching staff didn't brainwash him to playing like Calderon 2.0. It pisses me off that a scrub like Anderson puts up more shots than Lowry.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #343
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I think you overestimate management's ability to be successful in it's attempts to win games. At least based on Casey's idea of playoff push rotations and playcalling.

I'm not foolish enough to hope for an intentional tank. I just now officially want the tank that is naturally occurring to just roll on.

Oh I don't think they will be successful in trying to win games, but I think its necessary for the players to actually want to tank if we want to drop hard enough to get a top 3 pick.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #344
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Oh I don't think they will be successful in trying to win games, but I think its necessary for the players to actually want to tank if we want to drop hard enough to get a top 3 pick.

But not necessary for us to, say, still have losing record in the Rudy Gay era which might be enough to get BC and/or Casey shitcanned, which IMO is reason enough to tank.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #345
bokes15
Playoffs!

LOL @ Bargs getting Val's starting spot tonight. And Val playing zero minutes in the 2nd half + OT when we CLEARLY could've used him. Tank nation stand up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: