Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #76
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The official Raptors basketball game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Defensively it made a LOT more sense having Pietrus in there. I'm not gonna give them such a great amount of credit because it shouldn't take that long to figure out you shouldn't be closing with 2 pg's on the floor at the same time.

At least its a step in the right direction, hopefully Casey is done with the 2 PG lineup for good.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #77
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Can we just start Davis already? Bargs with 2pts 1 board in 21 minutes at this point...
Exactly. And one other thing I noticed, when Jack was raving about Bargnani's defense... I'm not gonna call Val a tremendous defender either but he gets the quick whistle that Bargs used to get. One of those "great" defensive plays was when Bargs got matched up on Dragic I think it was. First he reached and swiped at a steal. Then there was contact on the drive as well. Instant whistle for Val if he had done the same.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #78
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Exactly. And one other thing I noticed, when Jack was raving about Bargnani's defense... I'm not gonna call Val a tremendous defender either but he gets the quick whistle that Bargs used to get. One of those "great" defensive plays was when Bargs got matched up on Dragic I think it was. First he reached and swiped at a steal. Then there was contact on the drive as well. Instant whistle for Val if he had done the same.

The refs have to respect a great defensive player like Bargs.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #79
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Oh without a doubt he would have been called for it. While I was impressed by Bargnani's defence, he was still fouling and we're fortunate (if you want the team to win) that they let the play continue.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #80
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've only caught the 2nd half, but from what i've seen. First and foremost a MANS game from Ed Davis. Clearly has been outplaying Bargnani once again. 13/11 in 22 mins. I guess I should be happy that he's at least being given half of the 4th quarter to play now since he'll never be played down the stretch under Casey's watch.

Solid game by Pietrus. Long term I still don't necessarily understand the pickup. But BC doesn't make long term moves so I assume this was a "save my ass" move. Great performance by Lowry, looks like it'll be another close finish. Let's see if we finally take one of these. *doesn't hold breath*

edit: Bargs comes in for Davis and missed 2 open 3's.... At what point do you come to the realization that 3 point ability shouldn't be a reason to put the guy in over a guy who's making an impact on the inside. Rebounds, post play, put backs, all more valuable than streaky 3's in a tight game.

Last edited by bokes15 : 12-06-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:34 AM   #81
bokes15
Playoffs!

I turned the game off out of disgust after Bargs missed his 3rd 3 pointer down the stretch. You yank Ed Davis who is having a monster game and you throw Bargnani in there down the stretch and what happens. You lose that hustle, that tough D and rebounding, that energy, and you gain a guy who is only gonna add anything to the game if he makes 3 pointers. Did someone hold a gun to Casey's head before the season started and say "Bargnani plays down the stretch OR ELSE" because that's the only way it makes any sense. In my mind the rotation has been a HUGE part of our lack of success this year. And IMHO, after BC, Casey has got to go.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #82
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #83
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Just let Bargs come off as the sixth man already. Ed Davis is having monster games these days yet he is only playing a whoping 15 minutes a game. Hopefully more losses will mean changes to the starting line up, because Ed Davis is tearing it up with his rebounding and hustle. When Bargs isn't shooting well he is not doing anything well.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 AM   #84
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Just let Bargs come off as the sixth man already. Ed Davis is having monster games these days yet he is only playing a whoping 15 minutes a game. Hopefully more losses will mean changes to the starting line up, because Ed Davis is tearing it up with his rebounding and hustle. When Bargs isn't shooting well he is not doing anything well.
I used to think it was just what Casey thought was a winning formula to have a "closing lineup" out there that plays no matter what. But now it's like either he's a complete moron or he's being threatened (or feels threatened) by management. Those are the only 2 possibilities I can see it being.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #85
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

So happy I'm missing like 90% of their games.

Honestly whats the point of watching them? You know I'm ashamed to say I'm a fan of this team.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #86
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #87
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Guys, guys, guys. You all are missing the clear solution to our problems per Doug Smith: start Amir in Val's place.

It's a good thing Doug Smith isn't a radio personality because then he'd have to take BC's ******* out of his mouth to do his job.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #88
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Davis currently sits fourth in the NBA in rebound rate and ninth in the Association in offensive rebound rate. In fact, through nearly a month of the season, the only three players rebounding at a better clip than Ed are Reggie Evans, Anderson Varejao and Kevin Love. In addition, Davisí Player Efficiency Rating of 20.5 currently ranks 35th in the league, and heís one of only 42 players in total with a PER of 20 or higher.

The catch, though, is that of those 42 players, Davis is 38th in minutes played per game, something that should caution us as to the small sample size of his impressive statistics but something that also begs the question, what will it take for Davis to earn more floor time?

The numbers suggest heís on the verge of a career year. The rebounding numbers are up, his block numbers remain consistent at 3.3% (block percentage) and 1.5 blocks per 36 minutes, his overall rim protection and defence are still strengths, heís shown us glimpses of a much improved offensive game that includes a more fundamental jumper while also turning the ball over much less despite a higher usage rate. Itís safe to say that Ed Davis has improved across the board, and yet in a frontcourt that includes Valanciunas, Bargnani and Amir Johnson (not to mention Aaron Gray as a situational centre), heís averaging a career-low 13.7 minutes per game.

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...hings-to-come/

F*ck you Dwayne Casey and Brian Colangelo. Let Ed Davis play already. He comes to every game ready to give it his all. He could be potentially having a career year if it wasn't for Casey and BC
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #89
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Guys, guys, guys. You all are missing the clear solution to our problems per Doug Smith: start Amir in Val's place.

It's a good thing Doug Smith isn't a radio personality because then he'd have to take BC's ******* out of his mouth to do his job.

Do you have a link to where he said that? I'm not accusing you of making it up, I'm just genuinely interested in reading his rationale for such a pathetic argument.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #90
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

^^^ I got that tidbit of nonsense from his blog (thestar.blogs.com/raptors) a couple days back. Could not believe it. He also supports the Bargs should start due to "spacing" argument hook, line and sinker.

I read his blog after every new franchise low and it never ceases to amaze me how much of a company guy he is, and he doesn't even work for the team! Baffling.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: