Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #91
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation
Default Re: The official Raptors basketball game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
^^^ I got that tidbit of nonsense from his blog (thestar.blogs.com/raptors) a couple days back. Could not believe it. He also supports the Bargs should start due to "spacing" argument hook, line and sinker.

I read his blog after every new franchise low and it never ceases to amaze me how much of a company guy he is, and he doesn't even work for the team! Baffling.

Smith is a cretin who sacrificed his journalistic integrity because he 'needs to stay as close as possible to Colangelo' (and I'm quoting him). Because of his deal with the devil, he does get a lot of inside info. He wrote the blog post suggesting the idiotic move of replacing Valanciunas with Johnson- and then followed it up with an article- because that really is what the organisation is thinking. He's exactly as stupid as they are.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #92
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Okay, we're officially worse to watch than last year. At least we used to play defense. We need to blow this thing to hell. Trade everyone except Val (I love Lowry but you can see already dude isn't staying past his contract). I guess we can keep Davis since we'll get not much for him and I love his effort.

Is it spring training yet?
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #93
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its always interesting to see how we are going to blow each game. Its always something new.
Bcogswell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #94
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

You know why this year is so much worse than last year? We got 16 extra games...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #95
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Well...time to call it a season. Blow it up guys, keep Val, everyone else can go. Lets just hope our next GM will do things properly.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #96
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
^^^ I got that tidbit of nonsense from his blog (thestar.blogs.com/raptors) a couple days back. Could not believe it. He also supports the Bargs should start due to "spacing" argument hook, line and sinker.

I read his blog after every new franchise low and it never ceases to amaze me how much of a company guy he is, and he doesn't even work for the team! Baffling.

Seems like Smith, Casey and Colangelo are all on the same page:

Quote:
Dwane Casey admitted that the Raptors considered changing the starting lineup by inserting Amir Johnson for Jonas Valanciunas, but decided not to after reviewing game film of Wednesday's game.

I hinted at possible lineup changes, but again I think that would send the wrong message, he said. We want to be patient with our young kid (Valanciunas) and sometimes its frustrating. Sometimes hes frustrated a little bit but hes growing. As many mistakes as hes making, hes also growing.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...rtin g_Lineup
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #97
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Quote:
Dwane Casey admitted that the Raptors considered changing the starting lineup by inserting Amir Johnson for Jonas Valanciunas, but decided not to after reviewing game film of Wednesday's game.

I hinted at possible lineup changes, but again I think that would send the wrong message, he said. We want to be patient with our young kid (Valanciunas) and sometimes its frustrating. Sometimes hes frustrated a little bit but hes growing. As many mistakes as hes making, hes also growing.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...rtin g_Lineup

Find it funny how they are inadvertently pointing the finger at Val. When our "star player" Bargnani has been sucking ballz, and nothing gets mentioned. To be honest, watching the games I don't see Jonas making that many mistakes. If anything he been getting a lot of cheap foul calls. (which is to be expected cause he's a rookie........I guess.) But at least the Kid is >trying!!!<

How about starting Amir over Bargnani to 'send a message'?. Someone or something as to light a fire under Andrea's ass
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #98
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love the hypocritical messages Casey is sending out about accountability. How it all matters regardless of what your status is on the team.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #99
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keantona
Smith is a cretin who sacrificed his journalistic integrity because he 'needs to stay as close as possible to Colangelo' (and I'm quoting him).

Not doubting you, but can you provide that direct quote? I've never heard/read this, and I'd find it odd a journalist would admit to such a thing.

I mean, I think it's obvious that in order to keep in touch with the team you cover on the daily you can't necessarily go 'all guns blazing' all the time (and I know Smith has a soft touch, relatively), but admitting something like that seems out of line for a past President of the Professional Basketball Writer's Association.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #100
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Not doubting you, but can you provide that direct quote? I've never heard/read this, and I'd find it odd a journalist would admit to such a thing.

I mean, I think it's obvious that in order to keep in touch with the team you cover on the daily you can't necessarily go 'all guns blazing' all the time (and I know Smith has a soft touch, relatively), but admitting something like that seems out of line for a past President of the Professional Basketball Writer's Association.

I will try to find it. He said it in a Star mailbag blog this summer. IIRC, someone had asked him if he was going to the Olympics, and he said no, because he needed to stay as close as possible to Colangelo.

So admittedly, he may well have meant something a little different (physically close), but I saw it as a Freudian comment that perfectly describes his attitude, and why there is no source outside the organisation that presents a more consistently pro-Colangelo view than Smith. You see writers all over the world in all kinds of sports that are unofficial mouthpieces for someone in charge of a team, and that is the role Smith has here.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #101
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Playing LAC today. In the game preview it said we're giving up 103.6ppg this season which is good for last in the league. I'm gonna watch this game, but mainly to see how many highlight reels we end up on. I expect LAC to take this in commanding fashion.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #102
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Lob City is going to be in full effect today!
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #103
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

With the Raptors you never know, they play hard and keep it competitive against teams they should easily lose to and shit the bed against teams they should be close to or capable of beating. With that said though, this should definitely be a blow out for the Clippers.
Bcogswell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #104
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Blake Griffin and Val are going to be on a lot of posters together.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #105
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bargs is getting exposed, big time. The sad part is it looks like he's giving a max effort both offensively and defensively but his game is so easily predictable. Pumpfake and then head down bull rush to the basket, take a couple of steps in and fadeaway, or take the 3. Pretty much if his 3 isn't dropping he's useless.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: