Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #106
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The official Raptors basketball game thread

BC is blaming our poor D on VAL!!!!! I want to throw my tv right now....

edit: and saying that Bargs lack of consistency has to do with how the whole team is performing. Deflecting the blame, huge surprise.

Last edited by bokes15 : 12-09-2012 at 03:59 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #107
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Colangelo is a tool. No offense to the poster, Tool.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #108
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

interesting thing about Blake Griffin, I like watching his highlight reels as much as the next guy but he's such a passive aggressive d-bag. big strong body, HATES being played physical. That half staredown he gave Bargnani, i've seen a lot of Clippers games and he gives someone that look once a night. Bargs wasn't even playing him dirty, just hard. And I like the fact that he didn't let the looks and gesturing intimidate him.

As for the actual game, not at all surprised by the result. And in fact when we were up at halftime I truthfully assumed that there would come a time in the game where the Clippers would blow it open. I didn't think it would be their bench that did most of the damage but whatever, a loss is a loss. And now that we've crossed that threshold i'm happy when we lose because the more losses pile up, the more excuses BC has to come up with to explain it, and he's in a contract year.

Thirdly, I love Jack Armstrong. Moment of the game came in the 2nd quarter.

Jack: "the kardashians are in the building tonight. my kids watch that show, keeping up with the kardashians.

Devlin: Filler

Jack "ohh look, Kim is in the building right now!"

Devlin: laughs.. actually Jack I think that's Khloe.

Jack "one of them, who cares. who's kim?"

Old 12-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #109
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish Jack had some kind of guaranteed long-term contract so he didn't have to try to be a homer. He's a smart basketball mind and funny but unfortunately he has to be the good company man.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #110
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Another great Jack line tonight was "Bargnani playing Griffin physically... I know you don't hear that word associated with his name too often but tonight he is."
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #111
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Another great Jack line tonight was "Bargnani playing Griffin physically... I know you don't hear that word associated with his name too often but tonight he is."
His commentary continues to be the only thing enjoyable left about Raptors basketball year after year. On days that they put Devlin with Leo, I have to watch a horrible game AND have horrible commentary on top of it to add insult to injury.

edit: as a response to Q's post, Jack's the type of dude you geniunely get the impression that if you were watching the game with him at a bar over a couple beers, he'd be shitting on this team and on BC.

Last edited by bokes15 : 12-09-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #112
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Well, the Raptors are officially past the quarter mark of the season, and have lost 81% of their games.

A little more spacing and a little more focus, and they'll be right where they want to be.

While the past couple seasons it has been a personal preference of mine to have the team let go Colangelo, trade Bargnani and Calderon and basically rebuild, I see it more as a necessity now.

Colangelo continues to try and pick up spare parts here and there to piece together a team that can contend for a playoff spot. Some people argue that we need to get into the playoff mix to be able to attract free agents, but if we're spending the kind of money we spent on Landry Fields just to get into the playoffs, how exactly will we have cap space to improve if we actually got an 8 seed?

His constant coddling of Bargnani makes me dislike Bargnani more than I should. I'm not a fan of Bargnani's game at all, but I don't doubt that in the right system he can be an effective player. Very little of the dislike I have for him is his own fault. It's almost entirely a result of Colangelo's insistence of having him be our premier player.

As for Calderon, he's another player he could be very effective in the right system. Hell, he's pretty effective in our system. He just needs to go so we can pick up some future assets, because he surely won't be re-signed next season, and we've let too many of our impending free agents walk out the door while getting nothing in return.

This team is an absolute mess going forward. The only players worthy of keeping are Valanciunas (for his size and potential) and Lowry (near elite-level PG). It won't be an issue keeping Valanciunas around for the next 5-7 years because of rookie scale contracts and re-signing rules/perks, etc., but if things don't turn around quickly (and they won't) what incentive does Lowry have to stay here? The Raptors better hope that he's greedy and will stay when they offer him a massive contract.

DeRozan, I couldn't care less really. He's not a guy you need to have around, but he's not doing the team much harm either.

Ed Davis is a player I was against drafting, supported trading, and predicted to officially bust this year. Right now? He's probably the guy on the team I'd most want to keep after Lowry and Valanciunas. He brings hustle, heart, defense, intensity and hits the boards hard. It's ridiculous that he doesn't get any playing time.

The only other two players worth mentioning are Amir Johnson and Terrance Ross, and much like DeRozan, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping either around, but they aren't guys that you shouldn't consider moving.

Just a random rant about things I've been thinking about. Hopefully it wasn't too long or incoherent.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #113
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I wish Jack had some kind of guaranteed long-term contract so he didn't have to try to be a homer. He's a smart basketball mind and funny but unfortunately he has to be the good company man.

Its inetresting hearing him talk on 590 with McCowan vs what he says on air. Two totally different things, at times. I think sometimes you can tell he WANTS to say something on TV, but holds back.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #114
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Its inetresting hearing him talk on 590 with McCowan vs what he says on air. Two totally different things, at times. I think sometimes you can tell he WANTS to say something on TV, but holds back.
I think what Bokes said above is spot on. I could just see Jack ripping into someone like Bargnani if he was in a bar.

I'll be honest, I barely watched the 2nd half of the game today (NFL instead). There is very little that is keeping my interest in this team right now. As much as I like Lowry as a player, I wouldn't object to the next GM looking to trade him as part of a full rebuild. The worse the Raptors play this year, the worse that trade will become because honestly, I'll take the lottery pick over Lowry in a rebuilding situation.

On the bright side, my replica Jose Bautista jersey was delivered today (on a Sunday, weird). I'm pretty much swimming in the Blue Jays kool-aid right now.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #115
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I think what Bokes said above is spot on. I could just see Jack ripping into someone like Bargnani if he was in a bar.

I'll be honest, I barely watched the 2nd half of the game today (NFL instead). There is very little that is keeping my interest in this team right now. As much as I like Lowry as a player, I wouldn't object to the next GM looking to trade him as part of a full rebuild. The worse the Raptors play this year, the worse that trade will become because honestly, I'll take the lottery pick over Lowry in a rebuilding situation.

On the bright side, my replica Jose Bautista jersey was delivered today (on a Sunday, weird). I'm pretty much swimming in the Blue Jays kool-aid right now.

Haha, as am I. I've held off on getting any gear though. Last two jerseys I got were Hill in 2010 and Romero last year. Blame me if you want.

Back on topic, I'd be very interested to see what Raps ratings are like these days. I don't doubt you're the only one losing interest.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #116
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Haha, as am I. I've held off on getting any gear though. Last two jerseys I got were Hill in 2010 and Romero last year. Blame me if you want.

Back on topic, I'd be very interested to see what Raps ratings are like these days. I don't doubt you're the only one losing interest.

A follow-up. Last #s I can find, from early November:

TOR-BRK, Nov 3 SN: 185, 000
TOR-OKC, Nov 6, TSN: 91, 000

I can only imagine they've declined from those atrocious #s.

For comparison, that same week:

CFL
HAM-TOR, Nov 1, TSN: 769, 000
CGY-EDM, Nov 2, TSN: 725, 000
MTL-WPG, Nov 2, TSN: 642, 000
SSK-BC, Nov 3, TSN: 828, 000

NFL
KC-SD, Nov 1, SN: 213, 000
DAL-ATL, Nov 4, TSN: 577, 000
PHI-NO, Nov 5, TSN: 580, 000

(http://canadiansportsfan.wordpress.com/page/2/)
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #117
bokes15
Playoffs!

Honestly, that just looked like a case of AJ being pissed off that we were losing again. I LOVE that. Get mad Amir. Jack said that 3 guys who give it night in and night out Amir, Demar, and Ed Davis. I completely agree with that. You never get a lack of effort out of those guys (despite dumb BC saying Ed Davis doesn't give it every night). I wonder if he gets a suspension for throwing his mouth guard at him?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #118
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Honestly, that just looked like a case of AJ being pissed off that we were losing again. I LOVE that. Get mad Amir. Jack said that 3 guys who give it night in and night out Amir, Demar, and Ed Davis. I completely agree with that. You never get a lack of effort out of those guys (despite dumb BC saying Ed Davis doesn't give it every night). I wonder if he gets a suspension for throwing his mouth guard at him?

That was pretty awesome. Amir needed that. He'll probably just get a fine though, if S.Jax only gets a fine for threatening Ibaka then Amir shouldn't be suspended. Plus he already got thrown out of the game.

What happened to Kyle Lowry? He's been playing terrible.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #119
bokes15
Playoffs!

I don't know what happened to him but he has a tricep injury now so he's gonna be out yet again. Bargs out with an injury too. So it looks like we're gonna be flirting with giving away our lottery pick all year. I can't even describe how pissed i'd be if we suck all season, make no major trades, and end up with a 4-14 pick and have to give it up to Houston.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #120
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I don't know what happened to him but he has a tricep injury now so he's gonna be out yet again. Bargs out with an injury too. So it looks like we're gonna be flirting with giving away our lottery pick all year. I can't even describe how pissed i'd be if we suck all season, make no major trades, and end up with a 4-14 pick and have to give it up to Houston.

You mean give it up to Oklahoma
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: