Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Anyone live or from North Carolina here?

Specifically wondering about the Raleigh/Durham area. Need to know about economic opportunities and how safe of an area that really is. Looking at moving the wife and kids down. Thanks.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Specifically wondering about the Raleigh/Durham area. Need to know about economic opportunities and how safe of an area that really is. Looking at moving the wife and kids down. Thanks.

I grew up in Fayetteville, spent 8 yrs. in Chapel Hill and have lived in Charlotte for the last 15 yrs. I also own a home in Boone. I wouldn't live in any other place in the world.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I live in Greenville, which is about an hour east of Raleigh. The Raleigh/Cary/Apex area is seeing a lot of job growth and it's a really clean, family-friendly area. Durham, not so much. Stay away from Durham.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I live in Greenville, which is about an hour east of Raleigh. The Raleigh/Cary/Apex area is seeing a lot of job growth and it's a really clean, family-friendly area. Durham, not so much. Stay away from Durham.

Timmeh's right. Some weird shit downtown there, although the Durham Bulls are fun to watch. But still best to avoid, especially since there's this private college there that attracts the biggest D-bags on the East Coast.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

I'm in Apex/Holly Springs and I love the area. Get city water though...there's very little water in the ground for wells.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
... But still best to avoid, especially since there's this private college there that attracts the biggest D-bags on the East Coast.

Did you really say that???????????
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Spoken like a true Tar Heel. I wouldn't agree that Duke brings in D-bags on the East Coast -- it's more like they bring in the most pretentious academic chess club nerds in the nation. However, a lady friend of mine is starting there in the spring, and she's cool, so I can't hate.

And rufus, you're right. The Bulls are fun to watch, but unless you're in the stadium, you don't feel too safe. Even the walk from the parking lot to the stadium is sketchy.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Did you really say that???????????

Sorry OWL. I bleed Carolina blue. My hatred for all things Dook is in-bred.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default ?here?

Quote:
Sorry OWL. I bleed Carolina blue. My hatred for all things Dook is in-bred.

Well, every place has its inter-collegiate rivalries. NC, NY and California, too. USC vs UCLA is probably the best example here...(in CA).
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Much appreciated with the responses. Looks like the Raleigh/Apex area is hiring a lot and I've been looking at houses in the Raleigh area.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #11
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I'm in Apex/Holly Springs and I love the area. Get city water though...there's very little water in the ground for wells.
Wait, I live in the Apex/Holly springs area too... and you're s/n looks familiar. Do we know each other from something car related?
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Much appreciated with the responses. Looks like the Raleigh/Apex area is hiring a lot and I've been looking at houses in the Raleigh area.

I'm missing me some Raymond Felton.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I'm missing me some Raymond Felton.

I'm glad to see him doing well with the Knicks. He seemed lost in Denver and Portland.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
I'm glad to see him doing well with the Knicks. He seemed lost in Denver and Portland.

Mek and G-Dub don't seem to be stellar at the moment. Good but not stellar.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #15
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentISballin
Wait, I live in the Apex/Holly springs area too... and you're s/n looks familiar. Do we know each other from something car related?

S/N?

I had an old 68 Firebird more than a few years back but now I drive a Silverado.

Never know tho...small world indeed.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: