Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #16
bigdaddyfunk
I hit open layups

bigdaddyfunk is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: We need some Sunday Morning Church up in here again.

Lol!!!!
bigdaddyfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:21 AM   #17
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Luke (outside of Revelation) is my personal favorite book in the New Testament. It's written a little more "visually" - enabling the reader to see a more laymen's finished product compared to the other gospels. Also, it's one of the more extensive gospels, including more than the others (just referencing the gospels, not the entire New Testament).

You're absolutely right though, this place needs more "Sunday Morning Church" or whatever you wanna call it. Not in a sense of forcing it down someone's throats ... (but atheists and non-believers would claim it's an attempt at such), but more like just reminding Christ, will return someday soon. This is what 'Pac believed, so why shouldn't we?

LOL, no seriously though, whether or not you "believe" there's much that be gained and positively used from the many messages from the Bible - it's rather hard to dispute there's something that can be gained from following its many messages. Whether or not you believe in Abraham's Ark or not doesn't matter. It's the message behind it.

So what if Job was swallowed by a whale. It doesn't seem physically possible to live afterwards, but we shouldn't focus on the "did a guy really live for a couple of days inside the belly of a whale?" but instead focus on the actual meaning behind it. I think of Lil Wayne... "belly of the beast 'til they puke us". I imagine Jonah had some skull candy headphones in bumpin' that until God decided he should finally be released.

Christ's (see, I won't mess up here and say the Apostle Paul or Disciple Peter) main purpose was to deliver the message of love to the world. Yet, many non-believers, haters, pissed off at God, religious rioting OMG kill the Almighty Father! - especially Christianity "types" should all be put into a human larger than life trash compactor and crushed to death for their moronic idiocy. (I'm joking, but it is rather sad that many atheists and non-believers HONESTLY wouldn't mind what-so-ever if actual human beings who are Christians died and never existed anymore)

As eerie as that sounds, many atheists would eerily wish this, and if given the eerie opportunity to "push the button" would without hesitation. I mean, "there's no God! There's no punishment! Who cares! Kill those who believe in a supreme being!"

... eerie ... but true.

Besides, even if God were real, he's not really a true holy God. He has a gambling problem, and kept playing double or nothing with Satan against Jonah, .... errrrrm, I mean Job.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 11-19-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #18
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners

nevar forget

You're supposed to be an adult. A mature contributing being in today's society, yet you post the ever-so-old+played-out Jesus Raptor stuff.

We get it, the Bible doesn't include an entire book, gospel, etc. of dinosaurs ... just like it didn't mention the steam engine, aliens, iPhone and Banana Nut Crunch.

Your fallback excuse is there's no mention of dinosaurs in the great book of our Heavenly Father, the Lord, Almighty God. No dinosaurs, you must acquit! You must acquit!

*sigh*

You, Nanners, being the proud, thinking you're above your fellow more conservative, narrow minded, religious, idiots in the south / south mid-west could use a good dose of "Sunday Morning Church" ... if you could attend some sermons with an open mind and not such extreme left-wing mentality and "hey-my-shit-dont-stink-and-I'm-smarter-than-you" (which is exactly the persona you attempt to illustrate here, which many of us find laughable), it's quite possible you could humble yourself enough to realize that other's opinions should be respected and not spit upon and made fun of simply b/c someone might believe in an actual God, supernatural creator, etc.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a belief in a higher power, yet you typically feel the need to throw someone under the bus who does, and you don't even give a shit how it might impact them on a personal level. You're self-centered, and couldn't give a shit.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #19
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

About to crash. I use this bible verse app, suggest it to anyone who might be interested. User friendly and handy for looking up verses among a lot of different topics. It used to be free, but its worth paying for.

Love this dude to death man, fortunate enough to hang around him a few years back. Watching him changed a lot for me: One Two

Six of my favs
Chris Tomlin- Indescribable
Israel and New Breed- Say So
Jeremy Camp- Empty Me
Kirk Franklin - Imagine Me
Frontline Worship- Believe
Phillips, Craig, & Dean- You Are God Alone
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:49 AM   #20
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. Exodus 21:7-11

Anyone have a daughter I can purchase?

You almost always 100% of the time focus on the OLD testament ... why don't you argue against Christ's teaching?

Old 11-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #21
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Your fallback excuse is there's no mention of dinosaurs in the great book of our Heavenly Father, the Lord, Almighty God. No dinosaurs, you must acquit! You must acquit!

while i'm not into the raptor jesus thing either, the omission of dinosaurs is different from the omission of modern technologies.

however a more important oversight is the omission of bacteria, since they are what cause a lot of disease. a lot of deaths could have been prevented if god imparted that little bit of information.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 AM   #22
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
That's pretty cool to hear Riddler, I thought everyone on here was an atheist as the majority seems to be so.

I'm a believer myself.

To add to the Lecrae song posted before, this song is also really good:

Lecrae Feat. Anthony Evans - "Boasting"

ISH is a sure-shot atheism playground. Even more unfortunate, is the actual "believers" or real life "Christians" who feel uncomfortable admitting it b/c of their fear of being an outcast on the message board.

That's pretty sad.

I mean, it's mentioned time and time again in the good book that many will deny their faith, belief, etc. in Christ in exchange for being accepted in the "world" ... which is the world of the evil one (for now). That is until the meek inherit the Earth. I suppose God will include those who wouldn't publicly admit they're a follower of Christ, and let them slide nonetheless. He's a forgiving God and one who shows extreme mercy.

It's still kind of like a smack in the face to within your heart believe in God, yet openly tell others you do not believe in such a Being. If you believe in God, you should be proud of that. There's no reason to be ashamed of it, yet many people are closet believers ...

... and it's ironic, b/c just a decade or so ago, it was completely the opposite in the "socially being accepted culture" ... back then, it was more about being a closet atheist, now it's about being a closet Christian just to "fit in" ... crazy.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 AM   #23
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
while i'm not into the raptor jesus thing either, the omission of dinosaurs is different from the omission of modern technologies.

however a more important oversight is the omission of bacteria, since they are what cause a lot of disease. a lot of deaths could have been prevented if god imparted that little bit of information.

Good point... but God didn't toss a Biology 101 textbook to early "recorded history man" and probably for good reason.

While the ten commandments, or even the message of Christ, etc isn't as "accurate" as modern day science, that doesn't mean it's more profound on the human race and the impact it plays in our social societies and how we live and go about our daily lives.

If God introduced the Periodic Table of Elements to early man, how exactly could he use it? It's of little to no use, however a more simplistic table (ten commandments) makes more sense, does it not?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #24
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

amen
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #25
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
amen

Ashes to backlashes - dust to lust. Amen, is that plural? Hopefully; b/c the good word mentions that orgies and the like is sinful in nature.

I've never been in a threesome. I don't intend to either. Have any of you guys been in an orgy or threesome?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #26
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Good point... but God didn't toss a Biology 101 textbook to early "recorded history man" and probably for good reason.

While the ten commandments, or even the message of Christ, etc isn't as "accurate" as modern day science, that doesn't mean it's more profound on the human race and the impact it plays in our social societies and how we live and go about our daily lives.

If God introduced the Periodic Table of Elements to early man, how exactly could he use it? It's of little to no use, however a more simplistic table (ten commandments) makes more sense, does it not?

the problem is ignorance. when people don't understand things they do stupid things. it isn't about giving people a science lesson, it is giving them the understanding of the world around them so they can make appropriate decisions.

what does the periodic table and modern science have to do with anything? i'm talking about giving people a piece of knowledge that has practical social and personal benefits. people thought diseases were magic, they accused people of being witches because of it, they thought they were being punished, they had no idea what was happening to them. what sort of world is that?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #27
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
the problem is ignorance. when people don't understand things they do stupid things. it isn't about giving people a science lesson, it is giving them the understanding of the world around them so they can make appropriate decisions.

what does the periodic table and modern science have to do with anything? i'm talking about giving people a piece of knowledge that has practical social and personal benefits. people thought diseases were magic, they accused people of being witches because of it, they thought they were being punished, they had no idea what was happening to them. what sort of world is that?

There's a time and a place for everything. When the commonly accepted Bible was completed and implemented to the masses around 100 AD or whatnot, "the world" wasn't ready for modern day biology, chemistry or any methods or advanced technology.

This is an argument I never quit understand from those who present the idea the Bible can't be divine b/c it doesn't include "modern day" data or information.

Again... there's a time and place for everything. When God's Word was concluded, the world simply wasn't ready for advanced knowledge. You can agree with that, right?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 AM   #28
miller-time

Quote:
There's a time and a place for everything. When the commonly accepted Bible was completed and implemented to the masses around 100 AD or whatnot, "the world" wasn't ready for modern day biology, chemistry or any methods or advanced technology.

This is an argument I never quit understand from those who present the idea the Bible can't be divine b/c it doesn't include "modern day" data or information.

Again... there's a time and place for everything. When God's Word was concluded, the world simply wasn't ready for advanced knowledge. You can agree with that, right?

if god is too incompetent to be able to explain germ theory to the world at any time how does he even have this job? the world is always ready for anything provided you have the right delivery.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:03 AM   #29
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dooms is all up in those conspiracy theories again, I see.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's some wisdom in the Bible and some total WTF stuff that's not applicable to today at all. Not unexpected since the Old Testament consists of laws, legends and adages that were passed down by word of mouth for thousands of years.

Some of the gospels are quite profound. I've always like the "give unto Caesar" one. It has so many interpretations. The meaning I take from it is that earthly authorities might oppress and take your possessions but they can't take your soul.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: