Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Countdown to F1's Return to US (Circuit of The Americas Inauagural Thread)

United States Grand Prix November 16-18
Circuit of the Americas
November 16: Free practice 1
10:00 local | 16:00 GMT | 19:30 IRST
November 16: Free practice 2
14:00 local | 20:00 GMT | 23:30 IRST
November 17: Free practice 3
10:00 local | 16:00 GMT | 19:30 IRST
November 17: Qualifying
13:00 local | 19:00 GMT | 22:30 IRST
November 18: Race
13:00 local | 19:00 GMT | 22:30 IRST
------------------------------------
A lap around Austin's Circuit of the Americas
Quote:
Schumacher is enthusiastic about the Austin venue
"My wife and I have been big fans of the USA, and also of Texas, for many years so I'm particularly looking forward to the race in Austin." Schumacher said. "I'm really excited to see what kind of track we will find.

"From the pictures and layouts of the circuit that I have already seen, everything looks very good. I think Formula One will put on a good show at the Circuit of the Americas, and naturally I will be giving my best to be a part of that."
Quote:
Perez expecting home support in US Grand Prix
Sergio Perez is counting on home support from Mexican fans to deliver a strong result for Sauber at next weekend's US Grand Prix.

The Texan circuit's close location to Mexico has led many Mexican supporters, along with Perez, to describe the Austin venue as their home race.

"I am aware of the great enthusiasm for F1 in my country, so I hope there will be a Mexican Grand Prix one day", Perez said. "But for now, I regard the race in Austin as my home race." "I am very much looking forward to it! I think it is the closest race for eight years for me to my home town of Guadalajara", said the Mexican. "I expect many Mexican Formula One fans to attend and this will give me an extra boost."
Quote:
Hamilton expects 'close racing' in the USA
Lewis Hamilton is confident the Circuit of the Americas will lend itself to close racing ahead of the US Grand Prix next weekend.

Formula One will return to the USA after six years away when it arrives in Austin next week and its new home will be a Herman Tilke-designed, purpose-built circuit. Hamilton has driven the layout on the McLaren simulator and is confident it will be an interesting track that should encourage close racing.

"I have to admit - I'm absolutely made-up that we're going back to the States," Hamilton said. "It's a fantastic country and a place where our sport truly deserves to be. I think the Circuit Of The Americas looks like it could also be the place that modern Formula One finally calls home. I've only driven it on the computer and in the sim, but I think it's going to be a track that drivers enjoy, which produces some great, close racing, and which fans will quickly love.

"This is a new circuit, a new challenge and a new opportunity - I'm definitely looking to be the first grand prix winner at the Circuit Of The Americas."
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #2
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Countdown to F1's Return to US (Circuit of The Americas Inauagural Thread)

Only seen the track layout from a few youtube videos, but it looks pretty cool.

Definitely some areas to overtake, and a good DRS zone too. I'm hopeful Austin will put on a great race for us! Anything is better than Bahrain and Valencia anyway...
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Countdown to F1's Return to US (Circuit of The Americas Inauagural Thread)

I wish I could be there. I actually considered going for months, but just don't have the time right now.

I've raced the Circuit maybe 30 times on my Simulator and it's an amazing course. Great combination of technical turns, and high speed overtaking opportunities.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #4
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The track is long and wide, the race is gonna be crazy and full of dog fights. Qualification is going to be very tricky though since the track is green as it can get.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Free Practice 1 in an hour and a half:

Old 11-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My boy Hamilton thoroughly outraces Vettel for the victory.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the three best drivers on the first three places
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: