Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here
Default Calvin Johnson

Calvin Johnson at the NFL combine was measured at 6'5" 239 lbs, had a 42 1/2 inch vertical and ran the 40 yd dash in 4.35 seconds.

How do you think megatron stacks up against the elite nba athletes?
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Calvin Johnson

as far as the NBA is concerned, only LeBron is more of an athletic specimen than Calvin

Howard and Blake Griffin might be close though
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Not sure if serious. Calvin blows EVERYBODY in the NBA out the water.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
as far as the NBA is concerned, only LeBron is more of an athletic specimen than Calvin

Howard and Blake Griffin might be close though

I agree but I would maybe also add westbrook to this list. he is a few inches shorter than the rest, but the guy is the definition of "athletic specimen"
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #5
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
How so? Under what athletic criteria?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #6
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
How so? Under what athletic criteria?

He's at least comparable to anyone. His athleticism is out of this world special.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

eh, Bron is 6'8" and 250...and even though we don't have a 40 time for him, we all know he is at least "fast"...there is no fat in that 250 lbs

Bron is the only one I think is for sure more of a freak...

I can't even imagine if Bron stuck with football instead of basketball and became a WR in the NFL...it would be flat out cheating.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Blake Griffin is 6'10" and 250, also a complete freak in terms of agility

and Dwight Howard is 6'11" and 265...

neither of those guys likely possess the speed of Calvin but they are both in that same category of freak athlete to me...
Old 11-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR

Maybe you've never heard of LeBron then.

I'm not saying I'd give the edge to Calvin but it's kind of disrespectful to say Calvin blows LeBron out of the water. LBJ chases point guards down when they're already at half court and smashes their layups off the backboard.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

I can't even imagine if Bron stuck with football instead of basketball and became a WR in the NFL...it would be flat out cheating.

He'd be a ridiculous deep threat for sure. But something about his demeanor makes me think he would not run across the middle, even with that huge frame. He flops around so much in the NBA off nothing, I can't see him taking real licks in the NFL.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
He'd be a ridiculous deep threat for sure. But something about his demeanor makes me think he would not run across the middle, even with that huge frame. He flops around so much in the NBA off nothing, I can't see him taking real licks in the NFL.
He played football before and took hits I'm sure just cause you flop doesn't mean you can't take hits that's a baseless statement with nothing factual and lebron would of built him self more differently if he went in the NFL instead of the NBA to suit the game.

Last edited by BrickingStar : 11-22-2012 at 05:26 PM.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #12
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

1a Calvin
1b Lebron

Everyone Else
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: