Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default We need some Sunday Morning Church up in here again.

Recently I opened up my Bible at random - and this is what I read.

Luke Chapter 15.

The Parable of the Lost Sheep

The tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to listen to him,

but the Pharisees and scribes began to complain, saying, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

So to them he addressed this parable.

“What man among you having a hundred sheep and losing one of them would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost oned until he finds it?

And when he does find it, he sets it on his shoulders with great joy

and, upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.’

I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.

The Parable of the Lost Coin.

“Or what woman having ten coins* and losing one would not light a lamp and sweep the house, searching carefully until she finds it?

And when she does find it, she calls together her friends and neighbors and says to them, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found the coin that I lost.’

In just the same way, I tell you, there will be rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

That's all I got for now. Thank You for reading.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: We need some Sunday Morning Church up in here again.

Are you lost, brother Riddler?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Are you lost, brother Riddler?

Who isn't these days?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

You should have started with choir. Gospel singing is awesome at times.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Who isn't these days?

Why do you feel lost? Are you turning to the gospel because you are a true believer or turning to it for inspiration to turn your life around? It is full of drama and conspiracy so I am not surprised it has drawn you in.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good morning brothers.
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Why do you feel lost? Are you turning to the gospel because you are a true believer or turning to it for inspiration to turn your life around? It is full of drama and conspiracy so I am not surprised it has drawn you in.

I like to think The Gospel and The Scriptures are two different things.

The Gospel (The good news) isn't always spread or received because it's written in a book, it can often spread through word of mouth, personal experiences, and eye-witness testimonies.

I'll give you three names:

Earthquake Kelly
Howard Storm
Angie Fenimore

They didn't spread The Gospel by picking up a book and reading it, They spread the Gospel by sharing their personal experiences.

Yes, the Bible is very complicated, filled with contradictions, and I seriously doubt that everything written in it is true.... But, maybe That Book isn't necessarily meant to be read in it's entirety... maybe parts of it apply more to one person while other parts apply better to somebody else. I mean, don't most Christians have a favorite passage?

Either way, I don't read my Bible daily, but I do carry one with me in my car and read random passages from time to time... I do however make it a point to pray regularly, and when I do pray, I try to focus on praying for others rather than myself (lately that hasn't been the case).

As for feeling lost... That's just another way of saying I struggle with sin.
If a Christian ever tells you he doesn't struggle with sin, he's mistaken. We all struggle with sin with or without Jesus.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
You should have started with choir. Gospel singing is awesome at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4EKftry0LY
Lecrae - Truth (with lyrics)

^^^^^^^VERY GOOD SONG^^^^^^^^
Old 11-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nevar forget
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #10
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

That's pretty cool to hear Riddler, I thought everyone on here was an atheist as the majority seems to be so.

I'm a believer myself.

To add to the Lecrae song posted before, this song is also really good:

Lecrae Feat. Anthony Evans - "Boasting"
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #11
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer

Michael_Wilbon has not been impressing people

WWFGD? What would fake God do? Nothing. Because he's fake.
Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #12
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. Exodus 21:7-11

Anyone have a daughter I can purchase?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #13
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
What many fail to understand is that slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world. The slavery in the Bible was not based exclusively on race. People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin. In Bible times, slavery was more a matter of social status. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.

The slavery of the past few centuries was often based exclusively on skin color. In the United States, many black people were considered slaves because of their nationality; many slave owners truly believed black people to be inferior human beings. The Bible most definitely does condemn race-based slavery........
de link
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #14
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy

so saying the bible doesn't condone certain forms of slavery makes the ones it does condone better? no i'd prefer all the daughters to have the right to choose who they live with and marry. not to be extended some trivial rights that protect them from being treated like complete trash.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #15
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

Doesn't make them better, its just important that you understand whats condoned and whats not
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: