Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
Laxlen
I brick open layups

Default Denver beats Memphis

1st Quarter

With 13 seconds left on the shot clock on the Nuggets initial possession, Iggy forces a shot and misses. Then Memphis scores an uncontested 3. Oh crap, here we go again is the only thing going through my mind at this point.

With 8:39 left, Gallo drains an uncontested three and Memphis calls a timeout. According to the Memphis announcers it was so Grizz Coach Hollins could remind players that not how they do things in Memphis (allowing open 3's) - - I giggled thinking of how many timeouts the Nuggets would need.

2nd Quarter

Gallo did not miss a shot in this quarter and went 4 of 4 from the free throw line. He finished the half 5 of 6 from the field. Brewer started the quarter with three straight missed free throws.

The Memphis announcers had a good question of which I need some help to answer. At one point the Denver lineup on the floor was PG Hamilton, SG Miller, SF Brewer, Gallo and Faried. The question is, who would be considered the center, Gallo or Faried?

3rd Quarter

McGee make three straight shots, NONE of which were putbacks or dunks!! He would also finish the game with ZERO goaltending violations!!

For a span of four and half minutes, Denver was held scoreless.

4th Quarter

The Nugs scored the first 8 points of the quarter during the course of the opening three minutes. During this run, the Nugs had 9 missed shots but 6 offensive rebounds.

Gallo would make his first 5 free throws of the quarter and finish the game 10 of 11 from the charity stripe. The Nuggets as a team would finish with a team high 28 attempts.

Fist Pump of the Night: With 33 seconds left Gallo would steal the ball. With 13 seconds left Gallo would drain a 3 making it 96-92 for the Nugs.

Flawless Logic: For the 2nd game in a row, Lawson had 5 turnovers. That's three times in 11 games he's had at least five turnovers. Last season in 61 games played, Lawson only had more five or more turnovers in 7 games. I can deal with a player struggling to put the ball in the net, but please, don't giveaway the ball.

http://flawedlogicflawednbafan.blogs...s-memphis.html
Laxlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

Default Re: Denver beats Memphis

Lawson trying to dictate the tempo too much.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: