Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Occupy Walmart

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread899925/pg1

Quote:
I just became aware of this, apparently it's gaining traction and might be something to watch:

I thought it was worth posting Maybe not.

if you work at Walmart: Support Walmart Black Friday Strikers.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Occupy Walmart

Idk, see what happen to Hostess. Those people kept protesting and now they don't have a job at all.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wal-Mart files U.S. labor charge against union
http://news.yahoo.com/wal-mart-files...--finance.html

Quote:
(Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc is taking its first legal step to stop months of protests and rallies outside Walmart stores, targeting the union that it says is behind such actions.

Wal-Mart filed an unfair labor practice charge against the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, or UFCW, asking the National Labor Relations Board to halt what the retailer says are unlawful attempts to disrupt its business.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I briefly worked at walmart lasy year(as a pharmacy tech), they made it a priority to emphazise that they HATE unions. They lister all the cons of a union and made us well aware that non-union is the way to go. But, they did have awesome steak bbqs every other week.

That is all

Drink session black
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Walmart is pure evil... I refuse to shop there(like it matters!) They drive and run out local business, treat their employees like utter shit despite making $$$$, they outsource jobs, etc, etc.

The end of walmart would be a step in the right direction.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #6
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Wal-Mart files U.S. labor charge against union
http://news.yahoo.com/wal-mart-files...--finance.html
What's the point of having unions for workers making less than $10-12 an hour? It's one thing to pay unions dues for teachers or Electricians but every little thing under the sun gets a little ridiculous.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:31 AM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wal-Mart is a truly awful employer

But I'm gonna be occupying them Thanksgiving morning to get 2k13 for 25 bucks.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #8
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Wal-Mart is a truly awful employer

But I'm gonna be occupying them Thanksgiving morning to get 2k13 for 25 bucks.
i thought it was 15? i went to an orientation and i remember a they made me watch a video dedicated about unions and how the cons severely outweigh its purpose. it was hella intriguing.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #9
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I hate Walmart, but support their right to fire everyone who strikes. In fact, I'm quite looking forward to it (even though I doubt they will.)
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wal-Mart is quite difficult to do business with. We've had a lot of issues with them. If they were allowed to, they wanted cover approval on our magazines (i work at Time Inc.). They wanted to see and telll us if the covers were ok and if not, we'd need to change them. Like that. Not a big fan.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

If you know Wal-Mart is awful and you still shop there, what does that say about you?
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

I would boycott Wal-Mart but I already refuse to shop there.
Wal-Mart, America's biggest corporate criminals.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #13
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

I have no issue with wal-mart. Let me know how many small businesses are open at 3 am so I can get my snacks for the day.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #14
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

everyone complains about manufacturing jobs going to china. yet they love shopping at walmart to buy all that cheap sh!t made from china because like 90% of the sh!t from walmart are made in china.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

What are Walmart's biggest cash generating items? Electronics?

Back in the day I remember you couldn't pay someone to buy their clothes at Walmart. I also didn't really see any huge savings on standardized electronic items like smart phones, gaming consoles, etc...

The only things I'd buy at Walmart would be household items / appliances that I wouldn't know where else to buy other than amazon.com these days. Maybe K-mart? lol
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: