Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #16
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board
Default Re: A Deadly Divide Between Red and Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
I live in New Mexico. 90% of the roads in the state are 75mph. (Not an actual statistic.) When I drive from where I live to Albuquerque, I go through Santa Fe, and it's all one road, 3 hours, 75mph almost the entire drive.

It's really easy to fall asleep behind the wheel. Also, the sun always seems to be right in your face - fewer trees.

Oh, and I'd imagine it's easier to have fatal car wrecks on mountain roads, which are mostly in red states.

I don't think this is because blue state people are happier than red state people, which is probably what is implied in the OP. I think it's because it's harder to die in a car crash when you're moving 24mph through New York City than on a 3 hour drive to Albuquerque going 90. - or whatever. Most red states are that expansive.

I've spent time in Kentucky, and not only are the speed limits pretty high on a lot of the roads there, but they're also 2-lane way too often, and way too narrow way too often, and with curves in the road you simply can't make going 63mph, and with no sign to tell you to slow down. That's the closest I've come to wrecking in my life was on a KY road.

Public transportation also has a lot to do with it. But mainly transit across vast distances at high speeds I'm pretty sure are what accounts for this.

I wonder how violent crime rates line up.

I live in the same state as gee whiz?

You live in Espanola dude?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #17
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
what about heterosexuals who have unprotected sex with multiple partners?

I was just listing some examples of vices. I couldn't possibly post all of them. To answer your question, yes, having unprotected sex with multiple partners can and should be considered a vice because you're putting yourself and especially your partners at risk.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #18
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
It's not necessarily how early you get it (though too early does have an impact) but how long you drive. A 21 year old with no experience is worse than a 21 year old with 5 years of driving under his belt generally.

There's some validity to your point, but just being logical ... a typical average brand new 14 year old driver is going to be much more prone to having an accident or making a mistake on the road in comparison to a typical average brand new 21 year old driver.

It's pretty easy to see that.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: