Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Xbox 360 Deals? Without Kinect

Does anyone have any deals posted either at store or online for an Xbox 360? I don't care about the Kinect at all. I know Target is selling the Kinect bundle with one for $200, but again...I don't care to have the Kinect.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Xbox 360 Deals? Without Kinect

i don't think you can get it any cheaper than that, is it a 4GB or 250GB?
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
i don't think you can get it any cheaper than that, is it a 4GB or 250GB?
Just 4.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

might wanna check best buy. they had a promotion recently, $200 for 250g bundle.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Kinect is great, calling plays on NBA sk13 is cool too

its the 4gb part that sucks about those deals
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Just 4.
250 GB is the way to go imo, not only can you download more demos and add ons but you can also install games so your console runs smooth and you should consider that games like bf3 take up around 7gb of storage because of patches
There is a bundle that includes skyrim forza 4 and a 250gig console for 250 maybe you should take a look at that
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
Kinect is great, calling plays on NBA sk13 is cool too

its the 4gb part that sucks about those deals

This. NEVER purchase a 4 gig model (if it's your first ever 360). You realistically can't have even a decent gaming experience without a harddrive.

*THERE IS* another option though if you're looking to save the extra $$$ and not get the 250 gig model. You can purchase the 4 gig unit, then there's a way you can remove some of the hardware (which I'm sure voids any warranty if there is or was one), and there's a way you can use a harddrive you had from a prior model (like an Elite or Pro).

Yes, I know the design is different, and the harddrives do not *match* ... meaning you can't transfer an old model harddrive to a new Slim unit. I'm sure Microsoft did this bullshit on purpose to force customers to get the new unit and the new harddrive. I hate their bullshit practices like that.

But yeah, there's a way you can remove some of the hardware, and use your old harddrive. There's several walkthroughs you can read and view on YouTube, etc. The 360 I currently have has the "Open Trey" error. So once again I'm in the market for a new unit, but I don't want to spend the extra money on the 250 model.

I want to use my old harddrive that has EVERYTHING already on it; my XBLA games, all my *saved* game data, etc. I don't want to do all that bullshit over again, shouldn't even have to! Microsoft is just being themselves and gouging repeat console purchasing customers. So unless I can find one hell of a deal, I'm going to get the 4 gig model and "hack it" and use my old harddrive.

If you have no use for transferring an old harddrive, and you're entirely new to owning a 360 console, the 4 gig can be enticing Meticode, but real talk man, you're going to wish you had that harddrive. If you're going to invest into the console, even if you have to spend more, get the harddrive model. My situation is a little different with already having so much data on my old drive, so me getting the 4 gig model makes sense; but if I were starting from scratch and ground zero, I'd 100% go with the 250 gig.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
blablabla

^there is no hack lol

the old harddrive is the same as the new one you just need to remove the hard drive caddy
Old 11-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

cheapassgamer.com
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
^there is no hack lol

LOL, no the harddrives are different and are not compatible.

Elite model drive:

Slim model drive:

How exactly do you use the old hardddrive on the new system without hacking?

You can see, it clearly doesn't fit. You have to extract part of the old drive to make it the same shape and size to even physically *fit* into the Slim model.

Here's a link to a website that explains the process.

http://www.myce.com/news/hack-your-o...60-slim-33667/

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean when you say "there is no hack, lol" ... when you clearly do.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Xbox 360 Consoles
250GB Holiday Bundle* $199.99 at Best Buy - Friday 12:01AM
250GB Console $199.99 at Shopko - Thursday 9pm to Friday 12pm
250GB Holiday Bundle* + Black Ops II - Friday ? at GameStop
4GB Skylanders Starter Pack Bundle $149.99 at Walmart - Thursday 8pm
4GB Kinect Console $199.99 at Kmart - Thursday 6AM to 4PM
4GB Console + Free headset + $30 in coupons $169.99 at Radio Shack - Friday 6AM & Saturday
4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle* $199.99 at Amazon - Thursday 9:10 pm - 11:45 pm PST
4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle* $199 at Sam's Club - Friday 7AM
4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle* $199.99 at Microsoft Store - Thursday to Saturday
4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle* $199
4GB Kinect Bundle $219.99 + 50% off ACIII or Epic Mickey 2 at Sears - Thursday 8PM to Friday 1PM
4GB Kinect Console + free Air Flo Controller and 50% off 3 months of Xbox Live $249.99 at Toys R Us - Thursday 8pm to Saturday close

*250GB Holiday Bundle includes: Forza Motorsport 4 and Skyrim
*4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle includes: Disneyland Adventures & Kinect Adventures
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
blablabla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0NhKgRC2tg

that's how i did it
Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Xbox 360 Consoles
250GB Holiday Bundle* $199.99 at Best Buy - Friday 12:01AM
250GB Console $199.99 at Shopko - Thursday 9pm to Friday 12pm
250GB Holiday Bundle* + Black Ops II - Friday ? at GameStop
4GB Skylanders Starter Pack Bundle $149.99 at Walmart - Thursday 8pm
4GB Kinect Console $199.99 at Kmart - Thursday 6AM to 4PM
4GB Console + Free headset + $30 in coupons $169.99 at Radio Shack - Friday 6AM & Saturday
4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle* $199.99 at Amazon - Thursday 9:10 pm - 11:45 pm PST
4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle* $199 at Sam's Club - Friday 7AM
4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle* $199.99 at Microsoft Store - Thursday to Saturday
4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle* $199
4GB Kinect Bundle $219.99 + 50% off ACIII or Epic Mickey 2 at Sears - Thursday 8PM to Friday 1PM
4GB Kinect Console + free Air Flo Controller and 50% off 3 months of Xbox Live $249.99 at Toys R Us - Thursday 8pm to Saturday close

*250GB Holiday Bundle includes: Forza Motorsport 4 and Skyrim
*4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle includes: Disneyland Adventures & Kinect Adventures
Repped. Thank you.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: