Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Foot Pain from Running Help

Hello, I know there are a bunch of runners on ISH and I am having trouble finding out what is wrong with my foot using google.

Basically I have a pain during the first few steps I take after getting out of bed, up from the couch or whatever. If you look down at your foot the pain starts about an inch in front of my ankle and goes to the outside of my foot. After I walk for a bit I can still feel it but it is not really painful, it's a strange feeling. I can make it hurt if I flex my toes upwards and turn my foot outwards. Only when I do both of these things, one or the other by itself I get no pain at all.

This started on Sunday after I ran a fast 5 miles on Saturday (fast for me, 35 minutes). I felt great during the run and after, but it hurt when I woke up Sunday morning. I ran 2 miles on Monday and I could feel it a little during my run but I wouldn't describe it as painful. As soon as I got off the treadmill though my foot felt really unstable. Again not much pain because I'd been standing on it for a while, but it just felt like my foot was going to collapse. I skipped my 2nd run Monday and took today off.

My symptoms don't match any of the common foot injuries I've read about so hopefully you guys can shed some light on this for me. Much appreciated.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Foot Pain from Running Help

Do you mean the pain runs on the lateral side, an inch above your ankle, then runs down and forms sort of an L?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Since you don't know how to use google to get answers I'll help you out

Last edited by Pacers4ever : 11-21-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #4
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Do you mean the pain runs on the lateral side, an inch above your ankle, then runs down and forms sort of an L?

I would say the "focal point" of the pain is the outside edge of my foot about 1 inch in front of my ankle, but it also hurts on top of the foot about halfway across.

It is not sore to the touch, I can push on it hard and feel no pain at all.

That pic isn't showing up for me here's the link

http://imgur.com/hCnf1
Old 11-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Extensor Digitorum Brevis Muscle?

or

Peroneus Longus Tendon?

G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #6
bmulls
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Extensor Digitorum Brevis Muscle?

or

Peroneus Longus Tendon?

Thanks for the pic, I am thinking it is one of the peroneus tendons

Edit: More info:

I did a full leg work out today with leg press, front squats, walking lunges, calf raises, weighted toe raises, hammy curls and stiff leg deadlifts. No issues at all.

There is also no swelling that I can see.

Last edited by bmulls : 11-21-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:20 AM   #7
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Yeah, I was about to say it's probably a Peroneous Tendon fatigue or sprain. Had one before and the discomfort lasted months before I decided to do some balancing exercises to correct it. Haven't sprained myself since.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: