Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind
 
Teanett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2nd floor, east of noho
Posts: 4,694
Teanett has decent reputation
Default so far, melo's the mvp

best player on best team. nuff said.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,950
kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

Brace yourselves, Kobe and Lebron stans are typing
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?
 
TheMarkMadsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,927
TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

Melo has played great so far, and has to be considered an MVP canidate so far from what we've seen in 8 games.
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
lebeast666
I Do This
 
lebeast666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,321
lebeast666 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

There is this one guy by the name of LeBron James. I believe he is still in the NBA.
lebeast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 562
Michael_Wilbon has not been impressing people
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

Melo is better than prime MJ.
Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind
 
Teanett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2nd floor, east of noho
Posts: 4,694
Teanett has decent reputation
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeast666
There is this one guy by the name of LeBron James. I believe he is still in the NBA.

we're not talking about who is the best player.
we're talking about the mvp.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,824
28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

Let me just go ahead and destroy this entire Melo over Durant argument.

OKC is +12.1 ppg with Durant on the floor.
New York is +14.0 ppg with Melo on the the floor
OKC is -12.7 ppg with Durant off of the floor
New York is +0.0 ppg with Melo off the floor

Durant has a net of +24.9pp100
Melo has a net of +14.0pp100

Durant is averaging 25/11/5/2/2 63 TS%, has an ORTg of 113 and 97 DRTg. This on a team with an ORTg of 109.5 and a DRTg of 102.5.

Melo is averaging 24/8/2 53 TS%, has an ORTg of 106 and a DRTg of 101. This on a team with an ORTg of 111.5 and a DRTg of 99.8. Melo has a worse DRTg, ORTg, TS%, eFG%, FG%, and 3FG% than his teams AVERAGE.


Want to bring up clutch play?
Durant is shooting 56% in crunch time and has TS% of 67.0%

And for all of this "Melo dominating on both ends of the court", give me a break

Melo is getting dominated by opposing PF's in comparison with Durant. He has a 50.4 eFG% while giving up 50.8 eFG%. Opposing PF's are shooting 42% in ISO vs melo, a staggeringly high number. Sure he has a nice edge in points, at +14.2 ppg, but a +5.2 PER margin is barely noticeable.

Let's compare these numbers with someone like Durant who has absolutely torched opposing PF's.

Durant's averaging 45 pp48 on 62.5 eFG% while giving up only 15.5 pp48 on 43.8 eFG%. He has a massive pp48 advantage of +29.5 and an absurd +35.3 difference in PER. And opposing players are shooting a laughably 23% in ISO vs Durant.


And if we must bring Synergy Sports into this.

Overall defense
Durant .83 PPP 38.5 FG% 35.3 3FG% 9.2 TO% 36.7 SCORE %
Melo .96 PPP 45.8 FG% 42.3 3FG% 17.1 TO% 40.8 SCORE %

So while Melo may boast some awesome create turnover rate, the fact of the matter is that Durant has far more of a defensive impact on the game. And when you consider he's leading the entire league in defensive rebounding and DRTg, there's no comparison.
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 32,335
DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

didnt know the MVP was awarded in november. kthx
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
AngelEyes
Sentenza
 
AngelEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: City of Wind
Posts: 3,363
AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

Right now he'd probably win it but by the end of the season I see James winning his 4th.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
White Mamba
@kobemania
 
White Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,287
White Mamba is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

I love Melo but he only got 1.5 assist per game that's not MVP numbers.

If Kobe put those numbers ISH was all over it.
White Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #11
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 562
Michael_Wilbon has not been impressing people
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Let me just go ahead and destroy this entire Melo over Durant argument.

OKC is +12.1 ppg with Durant on the floor.
New York is +14.0 ppg with Melo on the the floor
OKC is -12.7 ppg with Durant off of the floor
New York is +0.0 ppg with Melo off the floor

Durant has a net of +24.9pp100
Melo has a net of +14.0pp100

Durant is averaging 25/11/5/2/2 63 TS%, has an ORTg of 113 and 97 DRTg. This on a team with an ORTg of 109.5 and a DRTg of 102.5.

Melo is averaging 24/8/2 53 TS%, has an ORTg of 106 and a DRTg of 101. This on a team with an ORTg of 111.5 and a DRTg of 99.8. Melo has a worse DRTg, ORTg, TS%, eFG%, FG%, and 3FG% than his teams AVERAGE.


Want to bring up clutch play?
Durant is shooting 56% in crunch time and has TS% of 67.0%

And for all of this "Melo dominating on both ends of the court", give me a break

Melo is getting dominated by opposing PF's in comparison with Durant. He has a 50.4 eFG% while giving up 50.8 eFG%. Opposing PF's are shooting 42% in ISO vs melo, a staggeringly high number. Sure he has a nice edge in points, at +14.2 ppg, but a +5.2 PER margin is barely noticeable.

Let's compare these numbers with someone like Durant who has absolutely torched opposing PF's.

Durant's averaging 45 pp48 on 62.5 eFG% while giving up only 15.5 pp48 on 43.8 eFG%. He has a massive pp48 advantage of +29.5 and an absurd +35.3 difference in PER. And opposing players are shooting a laughably 23% in ISO vs Durant.


And if we must bring Synergy Sports into this.

Overall defense
Durant .83 PPP 38.5 FG% 35.3 3FG% 9.2 TO% 36.7 SCORE %
Melo .96 PPP 45.8 FG% 42.3 3FG% 17.1 TO% 40.8 SCORE %

So while Melo may boast some awesome create turnover rate, the fact of the matter is that Durant has far more of a defensive impact on the game. And when you consider he's leading the entire league in defensive rebounding and DRTg, there's no comparison.

TL;DR: Melo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durant
Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
Fudge
psychotic&iconic
 
Fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,803
Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

lolz crowning the MVP in November. There's an award for that, its called Player of the Month. Even then, i'd still consider LeBron, Durant, or Kobe up for that award. Sorreh.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,824
28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Wilbon
TL;DR: Melo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durant

So 24/8/2 54 TS% average defense, carried by team>>>25/11/5/2/2 63 TS% great defense, carrying team?
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #14
lebeast666
I Do This
 
lebeast666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,321
lebeast666 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
Right now he'd probably win it but by the end of the season I see James winning his 4th.


^^^^^^^^^

Along with FMVP and 2nd ring
lebeast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
asdf1990
College star
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,168
asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: so far, melo's the mvp

melo winning MVP would be worse than when rose won it
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy