Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-26-2006, 01:52 AM   #1
$ci

Default One issue I had with Terminator 2

Classic movie, by the way, one of my favorites.

In the scene where John Conner is calling home, Arnold takes the phone and the dialogue goes something like this:

Arnold-Terminator (in John’s voice): Hey Janelle, what’s wrong with Wolfie I can hear him barking.

Janelle-looking T-1000: Wolfie’s just fine, honey, wolfie’s just fine…where are you?

And of course the reason Arnold does that is to test the T-1000 because the dog’s name is actually Max. However, after the T-1000 is exposed, Arnold hangs up in his face. This immediately alerts the T-1000 that he’s been exposed so he leaves the house looking for them.

What Arnold should have done was to answer something like “Right now I’m at (says a distant part of town where he isn’t), some crazy guy tried to kill me today but some other dude rescued me. I’m coming home with him in an hour or two”

That would make the T-1000 wait at the house, setting up some elaborate trap or whatever, and that would buy Arnold and the kid a few hours. They could periodically call back and say “we ran into some cops or whatever, we’ll be there in a bit” and just stall him for a few hours until he realizes what’s happening.

It just seems like Arnold should have known that, considering how intelligently programmed he is, and all the other tricks he pulls.

Thoughts?
Old 06-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
ClutchCityReturns
Local High School Star

It's one of my favorite movies from the 90's but I don't remember, at that particular juncture, what they were trying to accomplish. So what exactly would it have given them time to do?
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
det2orl
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ci

In the scene where John Conner is calling home, Arnold takes the phone and the dialogue goes something like this:

Arnold-Terminator (in John’s voice): Hey Janelle, what’s wrong with Wolfie I can hear him barking.

Janelle-looking T-1000: Wolfie’s just fine, honey, wolfie’s just fine…where are you?

And of course the reason Arnold does that is to test the T-1000 because the dog’s name is actually Max. However, after the T-1000 is exposed, Arnold hangs up in his face. This immediately alerts the T-1000 that he’s been exposed so he leaves the house looking for them.

What Arnold should have done was to answer something like “Right now I’m at (says a distant part of town where he isn’t), some crazy guy tried to kill me today but some other dude rescued me. I’m coming home with him in an hour or two”

That would make the T-1000 wait at the house, setting up some elaborate trap or whatever, and that would buy Arnold and the kid a few hours. They could periodically call back and say “we ran into some cops or whatever, we’ll be there in a bit” and just stall him for a few hours until he realizes what’s happening.

It just seems like Arnold should have known that, considering how intelligently programmed he is, and all the other tricks he pulls.

Thoughts?

That would make sense if it were a real life situtation, but in the movie then you have scenes of T-1000 setting up a trap. What excitement would that bring? That movie was all about the chase and the action. Taking that course of action would've slowed down the movie a lot.

One of the best action movies ever BTW!!
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
JohnnySic
green is good

That's a pretty good point, but the Arnold-Terminator knew he was outmatched by the T-1000 and thought it was better to just avoid it altogether rather than set up a trap or whatnot.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:16 PM   #5
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

Default re

get a life.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #6
mistadobilina
Saw a basketball once

my 3rd favorate movie. Arnold was badas shooting people in the knees and sh*t.
mistadobilina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:52 AM   #7
JohnnySic
green is good

One of the few sequels that was (arguably) better tha the original.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:08 AM   #8
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Default Orange and red...? Too silver?

That was some funny shhit.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #9
catzhernandez
Underrated

Default Re: One issue I had with Terminator 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ci

Thoughts?

This is a funny thought.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
tastystaci
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ci

Thoughts?

You really think you can fool a T-1000 They have lie detectors where their but cracks should be.
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Allow me to set you straight here...

The T-1000 knew it had let go of critical info and realized too late that it had done so (not very smart for a highly advanced killing machine, but whatever) as you can tell when the smile on her face at "Wolfies fine dear, just fine" suddenly slides off and its says in a pressing manor, "where are you" as it hopes to glean more info before the *click*

The 1000 already knew it was beat and that Arnold had the kid, thus he aint coming back. Thus no trap. Thus, John Conner must be destroyed NOW.

Fine bit of filmaking btw, loved the entire raiding of the tech complex scene.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

in the directors cut, the t-1000 goes and checks the dogs collar and finds out his name was max.

so it would of been pointless for arnie to come up with some elaborate scheme. he was only trying to find out whether the parents were still alive. not stall the t-1000.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #13
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

lol @ people talking to an op that no longer is here. Its one of those in a movie vs. real life thing. Its a movie if it ends after an hour, we all feel jipped. LOL i did it too.
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #14
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHCP3
lol @ people talking to an op that no longer is here. Its one of those in a movie vs. real life thing. Its a movie if it ends after an hour, we all feel jipped. LOL i did it too.

i didn't even notice, i hate that. 2006 lol.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
gencbiba

The Ice Age of ISH. 2006- Jun 2007.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: