Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default KG or TD?

supposing Miami can get either, who makes Miami better? KG or TD? (not in their prime but in current state)
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: KG or TD?

Neither of them would join the heat.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend

This.

But KG would improve the Heat tremendously... He might even turn LeBron into a man. GOAT Leader
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
well, i'm not asking if they would join. only asking who makes Miami better.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Jolokia
Serious playground baller

Jolokia has decent reputationJolokia has decent reputation

Close call. KG would probably be a better fit in the locker room.
Jolokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This thread again?

Pat Riley would cream his jeans for either of them.

Heat defense gets miles beyond miles better with Kevin Garnett on the team. Not sure Timmy really fits.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
rmt

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Of course, I'm biased but wouldn't TD offer a bit more post offense than KG - something a bit different from KG who is probably more similar to the way Bosh plays? TD does play more in the post in the playoffs than the regular season.

Also think TD would be better against Dwight/Gasol and Randolph/Gasol - not the rest of the league though - as the trend toward smaller players continue with KG and Bosh now playing center.

Last edited by rmt : 11-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Garnett's better at this point, but I think Duncan would add a completely different dynamic to the Heat than KG would. KG is too similar offensively speaking to Bosh.

Either way Miami is the favourite though.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
NewYorkNoPicks

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
Garnett's better at this point, but I think Duncan would add a completely different dynamic to the Heat than KG would. KG is too similar offensively speaking to Bosh.

KG's mentality, leadership and defense are the polar opposites of Bosh...
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

KG on heat...
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
rmt

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1

Agree with the different dynamic. It's only 11 games this season, but TD's had a resurgence.

TD/KG

18.0 / 15.1 points
10.0 / 7.4 rebounds
2.4 / 1.5 assists
1.0 / 0.6 steals
2.7 / 0.8 blocks
51.0 / 51.2 % FG
75.0 / 79.1 % FT
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
scm5
Good college starter

scm5 has decent reputation

So far, this season... TD. He's been amazing this season.

If you had asked last season or during the offseason, KG.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Timmy would allow everyone to go back to their natural positions instead of Bosh playing C and Bron playing PF like they have been. Plus Duncan gives them offense from the post and a defensive anchor on the inside.

Duncan
Bosh
Bron
Wade
Who cares

^Best 2 way team in the league by a mile.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Duncan so far this season for sure.

Duncan would be the center that they would need. Almost the perfect center that they would need because of his versatility. I don't know how he would affect them in the locker room (doubt he would affect it as KG). He can space the floor as well as attack the post. I think he is more versatile on the offensive end at this stage of his career, and he'll give you more rebounds. And he'll put everybody in their natural position. And with Duncan, they would get bigger.

KG provides more toughness, but he is mainly a jump shooter at this stage of his career. While it's not bad because he stretches the center position, but Duncan could do the same thing. His defense isn't the same as it once was, but that could change.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
Agree with the different dynamic. It's only 11 games this season, but TD's had a resurgence.

TD/KG

18.0 / 15.1 points
10.0 / 7.4 rebounds
2.4 / 1.5 assists
1.0 / 0.6 steals
2.7 / 0.8 blocks
51.0 / 51.2 % FG
75.0 / 79.1 % FT
Duncan has been great this season, but I can't see those averages keeping up. He's one of my favourite players ever though so I hope he does.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: