Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #46
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kaepernick to start Sunday against Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Harbaugh just came out and announced Kaepernick will remain the starter.

I normally don't feel bad for athletes unless something life threatening/ family related happens.

I can safely say I feel bad for Alex Smith. The guy has been in such tortuous situations.

At this point I'd love for this story to play out:

Kap has a shaky game but we squeak into the NFC Game. Then Kap melts down a bit and Alex steps in and saves the day, and then goes on to lead the team to a SB victory.

That would be THE story! Alex would just pop that ring on his middle finger and show it off to the world.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #47
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

In my opinion it's a little bit of a dick move by Jim. Alex won the job in the training camp, he won games, he was chosen to be a captain by his team-mates and most importantly he played well. To be honest I'm disappointed in Jim and if I was VD or Frank or Joe I would be disappointed too.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #48
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
At this point I'd love for this story to play out:

Kap has a shaky game but we squeak into the NFC Game. Then Kap melts down a bit and Alex steps in and saves the day, and then goes on to lead the team to a SB victory.

That would be THE story! Alex would just pop that ring on his middle finger and show it off to the world.

And then demand a trade next off season.

Would be more awesome then what Bellichick did to the Jets.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #49
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
In my opinion it's a little bit of a dick move by Jim. Alex won the job in the training camp, he won games, he was chosen to be a captain by his team-mates and most importantly he played well. To be honest I'm disappointed in Jim and if I was VD or Frank or Joe I would be disappointed too.

Or you could applaud Jim for making a tough decision that he thinks will help the team win.

I think Harbaugh knows a thing or two about quaterbacks and what he wants from that position for his football team.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #50
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It will become a complete mess if Kap has a bad game or two though
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #51
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3

I was thinking the same thing but that's the nature of the NFL. Players can get replaced instantly without hesitation and we've seen it numerous times. But this probably sends a strong message to the team that no one's job is safe.

Would a player like Vernon Davis get benched after missing two games while Delanie Walker posting some good games?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #52
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

lol
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #53
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
There are QBs now that throw for 300 yards per game. Smith can't even get 200 yards a game. That's pathetic. Harbough realizes this, which is why they went for Peyton, and why he is making the QB change. All the receivers want Kaepernick. Vernon Davis was ready to give him a blow job at the podium after the game.

LOL, Vernon Davis didn't even record a catch verse NO, he's not exactly getting fed the rock. Him and Smith were one of the best QB/TE duo's in the league even and they even had a good chemistry when the Niners were garbage.. The same goes for Crabtree but except Crabtree is a douche who probably wanted the change but now is going to only average 30y/pg.

Last edited by knickballer : 11-29-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #54
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
lol

lol

poor guy. Gets ****ed over by Nolan, Dinglebarry and now apparently Harbaugh.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #55
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did i miss the huge offensive game he had vs. NO? All the talking heads act like the Niners were scoring at will. Their defense had a few scores.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #56
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Did i miss the huge offensive game he had vs. NO? All the talking heads act like the Niners were scoring at will. Their defense had a few scores.

The offense wasn't any more explosive. Kaep just made plays with his legs but I'm sure NFL defenses will be able to contain him once they get more game tape on him.

Kaepernick has to play well or Harbaugh has just opened pandora's box lol. What if Kaep gets pulled and then Smith starts to struggle?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #57
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It sounds like he thinks they're interchangeable. We'll see how it plays out. It can actually work for a season, and then 1 of them can be traded away. I can't see it working out beyond this season.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #58
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

No. I'm as confused as you are. He comes in and ties in a game where I think Smith would have won. Then he has a great game against the Bears. Then he has a decent game against a bad defense and everyone is saying he had a tremendous game.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #59
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

I understand that Alex Smith got screwed over i just don't understand why 49ers fans are acting like they want to see Kaepernick fail.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #60
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:

Akers missed two easy FGs (the **** is that guy doing anyway?). There was a blown call calling Crabtree down, when he clearly wasn't, that could have gone the distance or at least moved them into FG range. There was an absolutely terrible drop by VD that killed a drive moving into Saints territory. There were some huge plays called back for holding, which normally would be fine, except the Saints were getting away with holding all night.

But but but, Kaep only scored 17 points. Sorry, I think that's a cop out. It's also important to note that Harbaugh shut Kaep down in favor of the run game late in the 3rd/4th. I'm not saying he had a "tremendous" game, but he had a very solid one.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: