Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #61
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kaepernick to start Sunday against Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
Akers missed two easy FGs (the **** is that guy doing anyway?). There was a blown call calling Crabtree down, when he clearly wasn't, that could have gone the distance or at least moved them into FG range. There was an absolutely terrible drop by VD that killed a drive moving into Saints territory. There were some huge plays called back for holding, which normally would be fine, except the Saints were getting away with holding all night.

But but but, Kaep only scored 17 points. Sorry, I think that's a cop out. It's also important to note that Harbaugh shut Kaep down in favor of the run game late in the 3rd/4th. I'm not saying he had a "tremendous" game, but he had a very solid one.

He's been hurt.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #62
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I understand that Alex Smith got screwed over i just don't understand why 49ers fans are acting like they want to see Kaepernick fail.

Because Alex Smith has led us to 20 something wins these past two seasons, because after 7 years of getting ****ed over by incompetent coaches he turns it around, because he was putting up elite numbers.

I love the way the media is taking this. They seem to think Alex is a statue in the pocket where he's one dimensional while Kaep gives the niners offense an extra weapon. Smith is athletic, Smith likes to scramble as well, he ran a 4.7 40, he's no Kaep when coming to athleticism but he doesn't rely on scrambling like Kaep. Once NFL defenses contain that pocket he will struggle. It's only a matter of time as almost every athletic QB has been neutralized(Vick, Young, Tebow, even Cam, etc)

Did the Packers consider benching Rodgers after Flynn threw 6 TD's in his one start last year?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #63
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Because Alex Smith has led us to 20 something wins these past two seasons, because after 7 years of getting ****ed over by incompetent coaches he turns it around, because he was putting up elite numbers.

I love the way the media is taking this. They seem to think Alex is a statue in the pocket where he's one dimensional while Kaep gives the niners offense an extra weapon. Smith is athletic, Smith likes to scramble as well, he ran a 4.7 40, he's no Kaep when coming to athleticism but he doesn't rely on scrambling like Kaep. Once NFL defenses contain that pocket he will struggle. It's only a matter of time as almost every athletic QB has been neutralized(Vick, Young, Tebow, even Cam, etc)

Did the Packers consider benching Rodgers after Flynn threw 6 TD's in his one start last year?
Basically what i am saying is 49ers fans are making it seem like they would rather see Kaepernick fail and lose games than see the 49ers win
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #64
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Basically what i am saying is 49ers fans are making it seem like they would rather see Kaepernick fail and lose games than see the 49ers win

No one wants Kaepernick to fail. I want to see Kaepernick play great(this is coming from a Smith fan) but the logic people are using for the justification of Kaepernick starting is illogical imo.

1)Everyone is saying Kaepernick gives the niners the best chance to win but the Niners have been 21-6 with Smith these past two years.. Why **** with chemistry? People also forget that Kaepernick was the reason we didn't win against St.Louis
2) Everyone is saying that Kaepernick is more dynamic and gives the niners that big play advantage but Smith himself is athletic and always makes plays with his feet, hell he got concussed by attempting to run for the 1st down. Some of the "analysts" are acting like Smith is Drew Bledsoe in the pocket. Not to mention Smith has been pretty dynamic this year going by his stats..
3)Everyone is saying that Kaepernick gives NFL defenses more things to prepare for but we've been using Kaep all year in the wildcat. In the long run NFL defenses will find ways to contain Kaep. The NFL is ruthless once it finds game tapes on uncharted players.
4) What kind of message does it send to the team? I know best player plays and all but what if a player like Vernon Davis get's hurt or a player like Goldson get's hurt? What if their backup puts up some good performances?
5) The timing is awful. We are a team with SB aspirations.. It's a different situation if lets say we are around 500 but with SB aspirations you never go for the young athletic QB over the veteran.

It's going to bite us in the ass in the playoffs.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 AM   #65
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

as a giants fan, id rather face smith than kaepernick (if they were to meet in playoffs). kaep puts a lil more fear into my heart.

smith has 0 chance against the giants. not that kaep is a proven commodity or anything, but he is an unknown.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #66
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Akers missed two easy FGs (the **** is that guy doing anyway?).

1 was a 50 yarder which is by no means an easy FG, and the other was blocked.

Quote:
But but but, Kaep only scored 17 points. Sorry, I think that's a cop out.

Why is it a cop out? People are acting like he had a great game and the offense looked great, but it wasn't that great. The Niners could have went to half down 10-14 points after Kaep's interception if not for Brooks.

Quote:
It's also important to note that Harbaugh shut Kaep down in favor of the run game late in the 3rd/4th.

4 mins left in the game, so why is that important to note at all?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #67
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
as a giants fan, id rather face smith than kaepernick (if they were to meet in playoffs). kaep puts a lil more fear into my heart.

smith has 0 chance against the giants. not that kaep is a proven commodity or anything, but he is an unknown.
oh i disagree 100%. Did u see Kaep get flushed against the Saints and just chuck it up? He's going to have bad games. Smith won't throw 3 picks, Kaep might. All rookies have those moments you just want to kill them. (hell, second years Qb's do too).

I take the rookie. He's not RG3 out there.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #68
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
1 was a 50 yarder which is by no means an easy FG, and the other was blocked.

Sure... Substitute makeable for easy and the argument still applies. Not sure how the blocked part is relevant, as Akers has sucked this year regardless of whether or not that easy failed FG was his fault.

Quote:
Why is it a cop out? People are acting like he had a great game and the offense looked great, but it wasn't that great. The Niners could have went to half down 10-14 points after Kaep's interception if not for Brooks.

I was arguing he had a very solid game, not a great game. I believe I even said that in my post. And right... It's not like Smith hasn't benefited from playing with one of the best defenses in the league the past two years. Unfortunately for Kaep, two huge TOs resulted in 12 points immediately, otherwise we could have been looking at a 4 TD game.

Suddenly we add 9 points to "his" total, based on entirely on circumstance, and he had a significantly better game? Not how I see it.

The way you Smith is talked about on here... It's as if Smith came to SF and rescued Harbaugh from a career of absolute mediocrity instead of the other way around.

Last edited by raid09 : 11-30-2012 at 06:16 PM.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #69
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Regardless of how the outcome for the 9ers will be for this season, one of the 2 will be a Chief at the beginning of next year, book it!
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #70
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Regardless of how the outcome for the 9ers will be for this season, one of the 2 will be a Chief at the beginning of next year, book it!

Harbough seems like the type of guy who would play Kaepernick all season, build him up and then trade him for a top 10 pick.

I'm wondering if Kaepernick can get the Chiefs 1st round pick..
Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #71
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I was arguing he had a very solid game, not a great game. I believe I even said that in my post. And right... It's not like Smith hasn't benefited from playing with one of the best defenses in the league the past two years. Unfortunately for Kaep, two huge TOs resulted in 12 points immediately, otherwise we could have been looking at a 4 TD game.

Suddenly we add 9 points to "his" total, based on entirely on circumstance, and he had a significantly better game? Not how I see it.

The way you Smith is talked about on here... It's as if Smith came to SF and rescued Harbaugh from a career of absolute mediocrity instead of the other way around.

I thought it was merely a meh game and I'm wondering why there's a bunch of people out there acting like the offense looked so great and looks much better than when Smith was starting.

Harbaugh fucked him over plain and simple. It sends a fairly fucked up message that Harbaugh has no faith in him whatsoever despite Smith playing really well last year, in the playoffs, and this year while winning a lot. Kaep can come in have a decent game and remain starter while people overstate his performance in an attempt to justify fucking Smith over. What if Kaep struggles and Harbaugh goes back to Smith? "You're our QB again (just remember, I don't have any faith in you!)" Do you think casting a large shadow of doubt on Smith is going to help him mentally?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #72
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
oh i disagree 100%. Did u see Kaep get flushed against the Saints and just chuck it up? He's going to have bad games. Smith won't throw 3 picks, Kaep might. All rookies have those moments you just want to kill them. (hell, second years Qb's do too).

I take the rookie. He's not RG3 out there.

Smith threw 3 picks to us.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #73
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
We played ridiculously well, 49ers thought for some reason we were about to lay over and die too. Last year in the playoffs he did not.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #74
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
We played ridiculously well, 49ers thought for some reason we were about to lay over and die too. Last year in the playoffs he did not.

He couldn't make a third down pass.

On the radio the other day, they were saying it took Smith over 270 passes to complete 9 of them over 30 yards. Kaep has 9 completions over 30 yards or more in 90 passes. He brings an element that Smith just can't. Smith does everything else good. He just has a wet noodle of an arm.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #75
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Smith was playing with a broken finger on his throwing hand... His throws were bad that day but he was playing hurt.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: