Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-22-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Demar Derozan

This play here for example which came at the most critical part of a game, it isn't even a 50-50 call. It's a CLEAR foul, dude got banged and slapped by multiple players and it was a NO CALL. He took it to the basket multiple times tonight and he got he only got 3 FT's that entire game. I just don't get the bias against him? He is a top 20 scorer, and he's been in this league 4 years.. yet it seems like the refs simply don't give a damn when he gets hit. Can anyone make sense of this to me?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Demar Derozan

Playing for the Raptors, yeah, it will never make any sense.

You can see DeRozan's frustration through his face for the whole game, and tonight is not the first time these shits happened.
BurningHammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHammer
Playing for the Raptors, yeah, it will never make any sense.

You can see DeRozan's frustration through his face for the whole game, and tonight is not the first time these shits happened.
It happens every game. I mean I look at his averages and see that he averages 6 FTA's per game which looks pretty good. But then when you watch the game, he works his ass off to get those 3 trips to the line. I know Leo and Jack keep talking about how he likes the contact because of getting more beefed up and able to absorb it. But clearly it's starting to piss him off and I can see why.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
Parps
Decent playground baller

Parps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I've never really criticized the refs, but yesterday was bruuutal. There were a few important plays that they messed up down the stretch (ie. this one, and the Lowry baseline out of bounds call)

Not sure what's going on, but at least the games are close and we'll get a high pick. Trying to see the bright side here....
Parps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far

he gets no respect from the refs bottom line.
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00playboy00
The Raptors get no respect from the refs bottom line.
Fixed.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Fixed.
True, but the only 2 guys on our team that actually look for the contact and play aggressively enough to deserve those calls are Derozan and Lowry.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

So basically (I was gonna post it but then thought it's not really worth the time or effort) I heard/read that the reason BC gave for giving Demar that contract was because according to him there will be 10 teams on the market with significant cap space. And that more or less because of that he's scared to end up in a bidding war with one of them and risk losing one of our "cornerstone" players. Pretty much seems like the same reasons why he offered Bargs that massive contract before he became a FA.

As I thought about it, the truth of the matter is he could be right. Teams love to look at numbers more than impact. A guy puts up good scoring numbers and GM's and scouts from opposing teams get a boner and throw money at them. I'm not sure if the contract would've been quite that large but it's possible he could've gotten something close to that amount. But the real question is on his status as a corner stone player. I consider him a very solid player and probably even a starter on a fair amount of teams, but not someone to overpay due to being too risky to lose him. I personally on this team would only for sure want to keep Val. On a 3-13 team that hasn't made the playoffs in the past 4 seasons nobody should be considered a cornerstone. Especially not guys who have been there for each of those losing seasons (Bargs, Calderon, Derozan, Amir)
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
But the real question is on his status as a corner stone player. I consider him a very solid player and probably even a starter on a fair amount of teams, but not someone to overpay due to being too risky to lose him.
That's exactly it. If you're scared that someone will outbid you for him, let them! You need to set a price of what you think he is worth and clearly Colangelo overvalues Derozan as the "cornerstone" you mentioned. He isn't one. He's far from that. It's just a case of a GM overvaluing his own player. Same thing happened with the Bargnani extension.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
That's exactly it. If you're scared that someone will outbid you for him, let them! You need to set a price of what you think he is worth and clearly Colangelo overvalues Derozan as the "cornerstone" you mentioned. He isn't one. He's far from that. It's just a case of a GM overvaluing his own player. Same thing happened with the Bargnani extension.

I like what I have seen from him this year and he will be worth that contract barring no regression. And yes at times he has been an inefficient volume scorer but I do believe that will eventually sort itself out.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: