Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: GOAT Full Court and Half Court players? Players who excelled in both styles of play?

Jason Kidd.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: GOAT Full Court and Half Court players? Players who excelled in both styles of play?

Sir Charles
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #18
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
MJ, case closed.

Agreed.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound
Sir Charles
one man fast break
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #20
Young X
College star

Lebron is the most unstoppable full court player i've ever seen, offensively and defensively.
Young X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #21
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

sir charles. that rebound and fast break into a throwdown
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #22
kennethgriffin
Banned

full court

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeOCreWFeeo

half court

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Od75L6A8E

full court and half court

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX7l7Sfb_9Q

goat
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #23
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
one man fast break

Get The Rebound. Get the Ball and Handle It Himself Onto a Fast Break and Finish Off With a Slam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWldMhxzvdM

Then at the Half Court: Barkley had One of the More Refined Mid Range Games Ever (ala Dantley) and Then He Was a Master Post Post Player Shooting Over 58% Two-Point FG% on Over 20 PPG for his WHOLE CAREER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EyJ0_iA3Rs

Last edited by Round Mound : 11-23-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #24
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
In the full/open court, my top 3 is:
1. Magic
Nobody rivals him in terms of passing on the fast break, with his crazy no looks. He was both fast and quick, great court vision and an awesome finisher as well. It helped that he had some great guys running with him.
2. LeBron
Second to only Magic in my opinion. He is crazy fast on the break and steamrolls through anything. Impossible to stop when he's going full speed to the basket. He has great court vision as well.
3. Pippen
Very creative finisher, who could change speed and direction easily. Great finisher and passer and with his length and athleticism, he was scary. It was either Pip or MJ at 3 for me.

MJ was the best when it came to both full and half court/overall game in my opinion. He could ruin a defense in half court and run the floor as well as anybody.

Sounds good, but I think I would replace Pippen with either James Worthy, Karl Malone, Barkley or MJ for my list.

James Worthy because as good as Pippen was, I think Worthy was better at finishing. It seemed to me he was quicker and faster.

Half Court players:
Shaq:
Almost unstoppable. Pass to him near the paint and it's automatic two points. He is a good passer for a big guy and with all the attention he gets, you can find an open guy somewhere. Weakness would be FTs.

MJ:
He could do it all. Set up the offense like a PG? Sure. Run away across screens to get open and hit the catch and shoot? Sure. Post up and drive. He was great in all of that and had a great efficiency with it. Great shot selection.

Bird/Magic:

Magic was great at setting up the offense and getting looks for his teammates. In his prime, he would post guys up, and it was a mismatch. You would look silly regardless of what you do. If you don't double him, he'll score on you. If you do, then he'll pass it to the open man. His shot selection was the best I ever seen by a guard from the games that I watched.

Bird was similar to MJ, but he was better at finding the open man and he could fight for the rebounds. He was great off the ball, and getting to the post or the catch and shoot. I cannot decide between Bird or Magic here.

Both half court and full court:

MJ
Magic
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #25
fpliii
:confusedshrug:

I'm actually working on a project related to this at the moment, so thought I'd bump for more opinions.

A follow-up question: which leading playmakers and defensive anchors have been the best in both types of systems?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #26
Just2McFly
By Any Means

so we are talking about full court as in fast break players and no one mentioned iverson?
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #27
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young X
Lebron is the most unstoppable full court player i've ever seen, offensively and defensively.
He's significantly better in the full court setting than in the half court.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #28
gengiskhan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
MJ, case closed.

Why da F' is this thread still open after "da man" said "MJ, case closed." Respect da brotha.

also LARRY BIRD
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #29
fpliii
:confusedshrug:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
Why da F' is this thread still open after "da man" said "MJ, case closed." Respect da brotha.

lol well as I said on the first page, who's your #2 for each?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #30
gengiskhan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
lol well as I said on the first page, who's your #2 for each?

ah!

Sorry Btw LARRY Bird & Magic Man.

Larry Bird (cuz he just pushed the ball quicker & also, played without the ball in his hands in half court)
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: