Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-04-2007, 01:20 AM   #16
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Default Re: MMA Fam

Pride is mos def the superior org, and w/Cro Cop coming out to Prides theme and obviously being on their payroll they are "mos def" the superior org.

They just have trouble since they can't get the american market since they are jap. I hope CC gets the HW belt and challenges Fedor to a fight in the octagon and Fedor obliges and dominated CC like last time.

Cro Cop is the best, but Fedor is the BEST EVER.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #17
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Pride is mos def the superior org, and w/Cro Cop coming out to Prides theme and obviously being on their payroll they are "mos def" the superior org.

They just have trouble since they can't get the american market since they are jap. I hope CC gets the HW belt and challenges Fedor to a fight in the octagon and Fedor obliges and dominated CC like last time.

Cro Cop is the best, but Fedor is the BEST EVER.

They were talking about Fedor tonight, and they talked about Cro Cop's HW Grand Prix Win, and they talked about PRIDE, and with Cro Cop walking out to PRIDE's theme, I'd bet that Zuffa and the UFC has purchased PRIDE, there's no way they put out that much stuff about their top competitor.

Fact, PRIDE fighters were 3-0 tonight in the UFC.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #18
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
They were talking about Fedor tonight, and they talked about Cro Cop's HW Grand Prix Win, and they talked about PRIDE, and with Cro Cop walking out to PRIDE's theme, I'd bet that Zuffa and the UFC has purchased PRIDE, there's no way they put out that much stuff about their top competitor.

Zuffa didn't buy Pride. More like CC saying "I'm fighting Fedor new years eve 2007 no matter what, deal with it" and Zuffa saying "Okay, we'll work with Pride to make this happen"

Shockwave 2007 = Cro Cop VS Fedor. And Fedor is gonna KO Cro Cop. Cause he's the best.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #19
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Zuffa didn't buy Pride. More like CC saying "I'm fighting Fedor new years eve 2007 no matter what, deal with it" and Zuffa saying "Okay, we'll work with Pride to make this happen"

Shockwave 2007 = Cro Cop VS Fedor. And Fedor is gonna KO Cro Cop. Cause he's the best.

Cro Cop has a 6 fight, 2 year contract with the UFC, so I think you are going to wait on your fantasy, atleast til late 2008.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:43 AM   #20
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

haha, Cro Cop owns Dana. He's the only guy in the UFC who doesn't have to say "Thank you masta for giving me a shot" Cro Cop can tell Dana, "Hey, were doing a show with Pride new years eve 2007, and that's all there is to it, I'm fighting Fedor again." and Dana will go "Uh, really? Great, I had it in mind the whole time"
Old 02-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #21
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
haha, Cro Cop owns Dana. He's the only guy in the UFC who doesn't have to say "Thank you masta for giving me a shot" Cro Cop can tell Dana, "Hey, were doing a show with Pride new years eve 2007, and that's all there is to it, I'm fighting Fedor again." and Dana will go "Uh, really? Great, I had it in mind the whole time"

Clearly the guy does what he wants, look at the post fight interviews...

Rogan: "Talk us through the Mickey's Replay"
Mirko: *Silence*
Rogan: "Great"

The guy does what he wants when he wants, I think that's why he'll be so popular with the UFC crowds. He walks out to the PRIDE theme, he doesn't talk to the media, he's not a sponsor whore, he just goes in, fights, and leaves. It's very respectable.

I still don't think they'll let him fight Fedor though, unless Fedor comes to the UFC. I can't see what White will get out of it if his poster boy Heavyweight Champion Cro Cop loses to Fedor, it just would be bad for business.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:54 AM   #22
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
True, but look at who they all fought.

I thought the event as alright. I wish Mirko would have won more cleanly. Sanchez has some balls. Definitely a tough kid.

Lutter either needs to put on enough bulk to be effective at 205 or get more serious about the cut to 185. Plain and simple. I know when he fights at LHW, he comes in at about 199. So I think he needs to hook up with Billy Rush or someone like that to show him how to get down to 185 effectively. Not that it really matters now......
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #23
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Fatboy, jump on aim. I wanna talk MMA big time right now.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:03 AM   #24
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
True, but look at who they all fought.

I thought the event as alright. I wish Mirko would have won more cleanly. Sanchez has some balls. Definitely a tough kid.

Lutter either needs to put on enough bulk to be effective at 205 or get more serious about the cut to 185. Plain and simple. I know when he fights at LHW, he comes in at about 199. So I think he needs to hook up with Billy Rush or someone like that to show him how to get down to 185 effectively. Not that it really matters now......

I understand they didn't fight the cream of the crop, but they were still 3-0, in pretty impressive fashion.

Eddie Sanchez basically ran from Cro Cop, he had a solid strategy to avoid the left head kick, but definately was shook about being in there, he was simply outclassed, and obviously that's not a surprise.

Lutter could have possibly won the Silva match if he wasn't so dehydrated from cutting weight, he's had problems making 185 before, really needs to get that in check.

Georges St. Pierre versus Matt Serra will be the last main event where GSP just dominates, and then the UFC cards should be relatively stacked from now on.

The 170 division is stacked with oppurtunities (Sanchez, Fitch, Koscheck, Hughes, Karo), Cro Cop and Rampage are getting their pushes towards their titles (Cro Cop/Sylvia-Couture, Rampage/Liddell 2), 155 has Franca/Sherk, Silva will probably fight Marquardt next, exciting times in the UFC.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:11 AM   #25
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:

Fact: Cro Cop, Rampage, and Silva are not Pride fighters anymore. They aren't even UFC fighters. They are MMA fighters.

Not saying you're doing it, but in general this is what pisses me off so much about MMA fans. Stop ******ging organizations, it's the fighters that matter. First, last, and foremost it's the fighters that matter.

I can't wait until one buys out the other so the best fighters can fight one another and the sport will grow to a point where they can all get taken care of like they should. And also so the Pride-UFC ******ging contest will finally end.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:15 AM   #26
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:

Fedor has like 2 KOs on his record and if anything has looked sloppier since coming back. He didn't look crisp at all against Hunt, and he didn't raise his hand in victory after the win like he always does.

And now he's not taking on Barnett or Nog, but running to Bodog to fight a god damn Middleweight?

I love Fedor, and he's the greatest ever, but right now I'm seriously questioning his dedication. It seems like he's rapidly losing focus.

so no, I'd say there's next to no chance of him KOing Cro Cop.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:16 AM   #27
fatboy11

I like the way things are going with MMA. UFC is swooping up PRIDE fighters almost daily.

I've read that the UFC has also made a bid to buy PRIDE but was denied. I think PRIDE is eventually going to have to cooperate with the UFC if their struggles continue. Dana has said that Wandy/Chuck will happen in '07 and he's been on point here lately.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:17 AM   #28
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
Fact: Cro Cop, Rampage, and Silva are not Pride fighters anymore. They aren't even UFC fighters. They are MMA fighters.

Not saying you're doing it, but in general this is what pisses me off so much about MMA fans. Stop ******ging organizations, it's the fighters that matter. First, last, and foremost it's the fighters that matter.

I can't wait until one buys out the other so the best fighters can fight one another and the sport will grow to a point where they can all get taken care of like they should. And also so the Pride-UFC ******ging contest will finally end.

Clearly they are MMA fighters, but as long as there is two elite organizations, then there will be the comparisons, it's only natural. And they are PRIDE fighters, they rose in PRIDE, and came to the UFC. They are Mixed Martial Artists, but they are known for their ties to the PRIDE Organization.

Bottom Line, they all are exciting fighters and are going to have a major impact in the UFC. I think Silva could lose his belt very soon to - Marquardt, Lindland or Hughes - I imagine Marquardt will get the shot first. Cro Cop is going to get the belt and will not lose it. I think Liddell will defeat Rampage as of right now.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:19 AM   #29
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I like the way things are going with MMA. UFC is swooping up PRIDE fighters almost daily.

I've read that the UFC has also made a bid to buy PRIDE but was denied. I think PRIDE is eventually going to have to cooperate with the UFC if their struggles continue. Dana has said that Wandy/Chuck will happen in '07 and he's been on point here lately.

I think if and when the UFC gets the Nogueira brothers is when it will really start happening. I strongly believe those are the next big two coming to the UFC from PRIDE.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:21 AM   #30
fatboy11

Quote:
I think if and when the UFC gets the Nogueira brothers is when it will really start happening. I strongly believe those are the next big two coming to the UFC from PRIDE.
I've heard that Big Nog for sure is about as good as signed to the UFC.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: