Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Raptors 2013 1st rounder

These are the details of the pick we traded and its protection:

Raptors 2013 first round pick (protected top 3 and 15-30 in 2013, top 2 and 15-30 in 2014-15, top 1 and 15-30 in 2016-17, unprotected in 2018).

Looking at the worst case scenario would have the raptors finish outside of top 3 and that pick is 4th. That would mark this season as a truly lost one as the raptors would not have progressed at all and to make matters worse lowry who we traded that pick for could bolt after his contract is up. The best case would be that raptors actually snap out of this and somehow get that 9th seed () and that pick ends up being 13th or 14th. Which at least shows this squad is progressing to a playoff berth. Another scenario that could be better than the above would be raptors turn into the craptors and tank it and get the best odds possible for staying in the top 3. This would allow raptors to pick up a stud and make a serious push next year for the playoffs.

Idk things are really looking bleak after that depressing game....
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Raptors 2013 1st rounder

Relax, JV is all-star next year.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Tank for Andrew Wiggins whenever he's eligible to be drafted
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Tank for Andrew Wiggins whenever he's eligible to be drafted

Not until 2014, unfortunately.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

I think we are actually playing pretty well. I expect they will turn a corner at some point and start winning some of these close games and I think it is highly unlikely that they will finish with the 4 seed. Our team is way better than last year with way more upside. I expect we will end up with the 10-12 seed and the draft pick won't have that much value.

I just wish we had a freakin sf.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Wiggins in '14 would be huge for the team and the organization. Having a hometown player in Toronto would be huge for the fan base. And having the SF we need is perfect. I would trade any one of the players we have (minus JV and Lowry) to get Wiggins. Especially after the Bargs 2-19 showing last night. That was the 32768743687563487 straw!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
I think we are actually playing pretty well. I expect they will turn a corner at some point and start winning some of these close games and I think it is highly unlikely that they will finish with the 4 seed. Our team is way better than last year with way more upside. I expect we will end up with the 10-12 seed and the draft pick won't have that much value.
I just wish we had a freakin sf.

I agree with this.

The team is playing fairly well. Derozan looks intent on establishing himself. JV is playing far more maturely than I thought he would (foul trouble). Klow is klow... plays with tenacity but makes some bad decisions when he wants to do it on his own. EdDav has actually contributed very well in limited minutes. Amir has been consistent Amir.

Jose goes on 9 minute pointelss steaks, Barges is not performing at the level he is expected to (offence or D). We have no wing man that is any threat to score, drive, change up on D and hound the other team.

This team simply lacks the talent to close out close games.

I frankly dont know if this team will turn a corner and win some of the close games. Againist SanAntonio - I doubt it. Against Detroit or Charlotte ? I frankly wouldnt bet on it.

This is way too early to say we are doomed.

Lets see what trade deadline presents. Jose (for certain) Ed Davis (sadly but likely) and perhaps even Bargnani with only 1 more year and 12 million left.

I dont expect the 2013 1st is a big deal...

Lets see what we get back in talent.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: