Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #31
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Al Pacino Vs Robert De Niro

1. Jack Nicholson
  2. Marlon Brando
  3. Robert De Niro
  4. Paul Newman
  5. Al Pacino
  6. Robert Duvall

So the answer is De Niro.
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #32
LA Lakers
High school junior varsity star

LA Lakers has no real reputation yet.

Minus the recent"gotta get a paycheck" Meet The Fockers roles, De Niro takes it for me. I like Pacino when he plays it understated via The Godfather and Donnie Brasco as opposed to screaming over the top via Scarface. Both had title runs in the 70s. I mean, Serpico, Dog Day and The Godfather and The GodfatherPart 2; Mean Streets, The Godfather Part 2, Taxi Driver and The Deer Hunter. Tough, but overall Ill take De Niro i guess...
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
LA Lakers
High school junior varsity star

LA Lakers has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFish
  1. Jack Nicholson
  2. Marlon Brando
  3. Robert De Niro
  4. Paul Newman
  5. Al Pacino
  6. Robert Duvall

So the answer is De Niro.
Great list. Nicholson is definitely my favorite actor as well.
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #34
robert de niro
Two-Time Oscar MVP

robert de niro has decent reputationrobert de niro has decent reputation

I want to thank all my fans and neg those who didn't pick me
robert de niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #35
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

All these "oh he did meet the fockers wtf" morons acting like comedy isn't still acting? Stop trying so hard, please.

Meet the Parents was a funny movie and a legitimate comedy, even the sequel was reasonably entertaining. There's zero shame in having been in it. It's not as if he was a major character in Pineapple Express or Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins.

Dumb hipsters takin themselves too seriously..
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #36
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Excluding his first ten years I actually feel like pacino is mostly a bad actor. He just goes way over the top on everything and its kind of annoying. DeNiro even now is great sometimes. Sometimes he seems like hes just cashing in a paycheck though.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #37
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pacino
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #38
MiguelSanchez
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MiguelSanchez has an OK reputation so far

Both amazing actors. I tend to go back and forth with who I think is the best. A case can obviously be made for either but for now I'm going to say De Niro. It was awesome seeing them together in heat.

Last edited by MiguelSanchez : 10-26-2013 at 07:20 PM.
MiguelSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #39
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
Today on AMC they aired the Godfather trilogy. The trilogy is centered around Michael (Al Pacino) and De Niro is also brilliant in the second one as young Vito. I don't know if I've ever seen a better more electric performance than the one Pacino gave in part II. If I were to compare their careers I think I might appreciate De Niro's a bit more however. Who do you think is the better actor and which has had the better career?

I preferred Al Pacino's earlier work more, but De Niro has done better later in life. Scarface is my favorite movie that either of them have been in.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #40
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan

BTW, apartments in that building now go for about 3,000 a month for a one bedroom. There's a local furniture chain store on you can see in the background, that still has the same sign from those days.

About 6 blocks away is the street where they recreated Old Little Italy in the Godfather movies.

The campaign office from Taxi Driver is now a Starbucks.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #41
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #42
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst has no real reputation yet.

this thread is very similar to Kobe vs lebron. One has the better career, the other has the better prime.

riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #43
BasedTom
Wealth Beyond Measure

BasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Even in Scarface, there were a couple of scenes where Pacino's New York accent slips out. Both are guilty of half-assing a few roles over the course of their long careers.

But they're both two of the GOATs, no doubt about that.
BasedTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #44
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

I love both of these guys. I can't really choose.

I subscribed to this thread though cause you guys are naming movies I've never seen before so I'll come back to this and watch those listed
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: