Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #16
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How does Gortat fit onto this Thunder team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I think it would be incredibly stupid for them to hang onto all of these young assets (Lamb, Jones, the lottery pick) when they are clearly built for multiple titles runs right now. Their value to OKC currently should be as trade assets. Having a core of Durant and Westbrook is something you must take advantage of.
This. OKC is already having a really tough time finding minutes for Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb. Hanging on to both of them and having possible three first round draft picks next season makes almost zero sense.

I'd be shocked if Presti doesn't make a move and trade some or all of those assets (TOR 1st RD pick, DAL 1st RD pick, OKC 1st RD pick, Lamb, and Jones). Like I've said before, OKC is in win now mode.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
That depends on what they think Gortat will provide next year and his price after that. Everyone knew Harden was going to get a max deal from someone and OKC clearly didn't value him that way. It depends on what they forecast with Gortat's production and price.

I think it would be incredibly stupid for them to hang onto all of these young assets (Lamb, Jones, the lottery pick) when they are clearly built for multiple titles runs right now. Their value to OKC currently should be as trade assets. Having a core of Durant and Westbrook is something you must take advantage of.

A 30 year old Gortat will command 10+ million yearly easy. In this market with such a limited amount of true centers out there, 10 million might be under estimating his potential worth.

Chandler was 29 last year and got 4 years, 58 million.

Nene 5 year 67 million at age 29.

West got 10 million a year at age 31 coming off serious surgery.

Gortat is going to get paid handomsly.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #18
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
This. OKC is already having a really tough time finding minutes for Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb. Hanging on to both of them and having possible three first round draft picks next season makes almost zero sense.

I'd be shocked if Presti doesn't make a move and trade some or all of those assets (TOR 1st RD pick, DAL 1st RD pick, OKC 1st RD pick, Lamb, and Jones). Like I've said before, OKC is in win now mode.

Lamb's time is not now, it will be next year when he replaces Martin's minutes. If OKC and Martin work out a contract that works for both sides, then Lamb becomes expendable to help the team aquire other talent that helps round the team out.

If you trade Lamb and lose Martin, it would be terribly mismanaged situation and Presti is too good at his job to allow that to happen.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #19
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Lamb's time is not now, it will be next year when he replaces Martin's minutes. If OKC and Martin work out a contract that works for both sides, then Lamb becomes expendable to help the team aquire other talent that helps round the team out.

If you trade Lamb and lose Martin, it would be terribly mismanaged situation and Presti is too good at his job to allow that to happen.

That still leaves picks (Toronto lottery, Dallas), PJIII and either K-Mart or Lamb (depending on what happens) at the end of the year to work with. Those assets can get us a good player that will get minutes and be a big part of a championship team. On top of that for some reason the office at the Thunder seem to like Reggie Jackson, so I wouldn't be surprised if they added Maynor to talks. All of those (except Maynor IMO) are no use to this team winning a championship as there is just no minutes for them. We need to use what we can to get a serviceable center. If we can get a decent center we have a HUGE championship window. At least the next 4 years (when Westbrook and Durant's contracts expire).

I guess the person OKC might feel they need to hold onto is PJIII as I'm unsure how much longer Collison will be around and decent. He's still an awesome contributor to this team ATM though.

Last edited by maybeshewill13 : 11-23-2012 at 09:26 PM.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #20
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

livingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this board

I'm entering another thunder suns trade scenario and saying I want lamb, and that Toronto pick.
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: