Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #16
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation
Default Re: Help looking for a good yet cheap tablet!

LOL i feel like you think your girl won't really care what kind you get, but people can tell when you purposely got something lower quality just to save money; and that's not something that girlfriends usually appreciate. Remember even though its the thought that counts, shallow groups of women need to be able to brag about what their man got them
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
hihellohi765
Serious playground baller

hihellohi765 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
why does it have to be so cheap? is it just your budget or are you being a skinflint?
Not being cheap but its just part of her gift. She is not into technology. If I was buying a Tablet for myself I'd want it to do a lot more. But she'll use it for Temple Run, Angry Birds, and maybe browse the Web some. I jUst don't see the point in getting a nicer tablet when she's not gonna use any of the features. It has nothing to do with being cheap.
hihellohi765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
nathanjizzle
Not a genius :(

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihellohi765
Not being cheap but its just part of her gift. She is not into technology. If I was buying a Tablet for myself I'd want it to do a lot more. But she'll use it for Temple Run, Angry Birds, and maybe browse the Web some. I jUst don't see the point in getting a nicer tablet when she's not gonna use any of the features. It has nothing to do with being cheap.

is your girl 9 years old?
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
hihellohi765

Thanks for the help asshole.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #20
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

Honestly, most people just use it for what he (the OP) said. I'm 'tech savvy' but basically all I do on my ipad is read ebooks, play some short attention span games like Jetpack Joyride, and browse the web. It's nice having a skype feature for facetime etc, but I could really do without those. Most people, including me, still use Skype via computer. I don't need to be video chatting with people all day. I do wish I had a smaller tablet though.

The Nexus seems awesome, as does the Ipad Mini. I bought my girl the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Tegra 2 Dual-Core 1GHz 1GB 16GB 10.1'' Touchscreen Tablet Android 3.0 w/Dual Cams, HDMI & Bluetooth Refurbished from Buy.com. At that time it was $219 ($238 total with tax). Anything she wants to do she can...skype, play games, read books, surf the web.

I'd recommend buying something 'cute' as opposed to something insanely functional. High chances are she'll either not use it much at all, or just use it a lot for one thing. Until my girl got some books in Japanese on it she barely used it. After she got those books on it she uses it almost everyday to read on her way to work/back. For most people/girls, it being really portable is the biggest thing.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #21
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

just get the Nexus 7.

even if she uses it just for simple things, it's better to get a tablet that has great screen, battery life, that doesn't lag all the time. If you get a $100 tablet it will have all those problems that will make your gf's tablet experience awful, even for those simple tasks.

a $100 will also breakdown easier, as it's made of cheap materials, and you might have to spend more money later replacing parts. just get the nexus 7 , and you'll be done in 1 go.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:26 AM   #22
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

HAHA!
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #23
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

for a girl, get the kindle fire. they love the kindle fire
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #24
hihellohi765

Lightbulb Re: Help looking for a good yet cheap tablet!

Thanks for the real help guys. I appreciate it! Still got a month lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: