Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default The closest you've ever come to Death

Years back, 3 of us were on a boat in a catch and release stream and somehow the rope broke loose from the tree we were tied up to and our boat proceeded to move down stream towards the riverfall which was about was about 1000 away. During this time we kept trying to lariat the rope to different objects in sight: bushes, rocks and small trees. We kept missing. Made about 50 attempts and just couldn't get it hold on to anything. Once were about 30 feet away from the fall, my buddy Gus made one last throw and it miraculously held on to a tombstone shaped piece of rock (of all things) on the side of the stream stopping the boat. We pulled ourselves back to shore. Scary ***** indeed.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The closest you've ever come to Death

Everytime I get on my Bike
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Almost drove my jetski into a wall of a clif at about 60 mph.

it was a narrow part of the lake and a boat was coming at me, which was fine because there's enough room, but there was a ****ing skier behind the boat and it pretty much took up the rest of the narrow....so I had to veer off to the side.

Luckily I ducked under where the rock jutted out and the jet ski only got a few scrapes on the bottom.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

i was young on a camping trip and a group of us were playing on some rapids.

im not a strong swimmer and i got sucked into some serious undertow... i had pretty much given up fighting when my buddy reached in and grabbed my arm to yank me out.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:51 AM   #5
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

I was 19 and contracted Meningicoccus it is a rare bacterial infection that the doctor say I probably got from an insect bit two teens had already died from it in Ventura county were I lived and I was freaking out. I woke up one morning and I had these blood clot looking things all over my body and I could not walk or put pressure on my left leg. I waited until my doctor’s office opened and went down there the Dr spent like 2 minutes looking at me and left the room. He came back a few minutes later with 2 other Dr and they were wearing masks and said that I needed to go to the ER. I called my Mom and she drove me down to the hospital were they did every f-ing test imaginable from a spinal tap were the Dr sticks a big ass needle in your spine to extract fluid to test. Then they did a test called a urethra culture which is were they take a 7 inch hollow point needle and stick it down the pee hole of your d!ck man that hurt like hell. I spent a week in the hospital on all kinds of IV’s and then was on in home care witch is where I had a nurse living with us for another month and a half. The doctor had said that if I had not gone to the doctors when I did I would have been dead with in 24 hours and I will tell you that experience defiantly changed my outlook on life.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:57 AM   #6
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Never been that close really.

All up in the Ouchita Mountains I have had some animal experiences that could have ended worse though. Saw a wild bear camping one time, it was walking by then stopped and just starred at us then kept it moving. Same trip saw a buffalo that was closer and basically did the same thing but then came back and charged through the camp. Didn't appear to be aiming at anyone in particular more than trying to make a scene by knocking some ***** over. I was also charged out by a longhorn out in the mountains one time. They're pretty used to people so you can get pretty close but this one wasn't feeling it I guess. He gave me a little half ass charge then stopped and while I was still backpedaling he started at me again.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Never been in the hospital in a coma or nothin, but have had a gun pointed at me a few times, almost got shanked by someone tryin to rob me (and I knew the f*cker) Saw a guy get blown away at a club when I was in college..and got caught in a mini shoot out at the greek once. Bullets was whizzing everywhere... none hit me, not even a scratch, divine intervention.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:28 PM   #8
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

a couple of times... when i was like 7 or 8 some guy pulled me in the corner asking me where i was going and sh!t... and then he's like how much money you got, i don't know what he was expecting, i was freaking 7... and then he's like don't tell about this sh!t to anyone, and he showed me the gun... could have been fake, coz as i said, i was 7, but at that point i was pretty shook, so i just went on my way and he drove off...

another thing happened very recently... over this last christmas holidays... these two brothers were dropping me home, the older brother was driving... it was a suburban that we were in... the road was fairly slippery and his tires were disgusting, i mean it should be illegal to drive with those tires... so he turns on to my street and he accelerates as he is turning and that causes the car to slip, i mean it was 2 in the morning and it was raining and the car goes out of control... it twisted a couple of times, we were heading for a tree, we dodged that and then we were heading towards a garage, but just before we reached it, the car stopped on the guys lawn... and that saved a few lives right there... the thing is, that place is on my street, so everytime i go by it, i just remember that incident, and like even after a week, there were still skid marks on the road...

Last edited by brwnman : 01-31-2007 at 12:55 PM.
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
nd then he's like don't tell about this sh!t to anyone, and he showed me the guy

If by guy you mean...if you need anyone to talk to, just PM me. Never heard anyone call it a guy before so I hope I'm not off base here.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Im not much of a risk taker so for me its gotta be in a haunted house at halloween.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #11
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
If by guy you mean...if you need anyone to talk to, just PM me. Never heard anyone call it a guy before so I hope I'm not off base here.

hahhaa... lol... i meant gun... haha, fak, my bad...
Old 01-31-2007, 01:41 PM   #12
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When I opened this thread.

Kidding aside.

Maybe when I wrestled that family of Grizzly bears. Or the time I attached Electric Eels to my nipples on a $3.00 bet. It might have been the time I saved a bus-load of nuns from burning to death with only my saliva to put out the fire.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:01 PM   #13
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Almost choked to death because I didn't chew this piece of steak well enough. Yea, I felt pretty stupid.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:23 PM   #14
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Almost choked to death because I didn't chew this piece of steak well enough. Yea, I felt pretty stupid.

lol happened to me as well, when i was liek 9 or something... but it wasn't steak, it was sum nexx stuff...
Old 01-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #15
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Passenger seat riding with a drunk driver.He went 50-60 mph on a dirt road, didn't see the curve coming up. Lost it, the car flipped a good 10 times before landing on it's wheeles. Somehow, i got out of it unhurt. If the car landed on it's roof, I wouldn't be here.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: