Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #16
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Real Madrid playing like crap

The problem with that is that there's no protection for Xabi. We have no concerted pressing game , Mourinhio hasn't established one...so Khedira is a quick remedy.

He has amazing positional sense and him and Di Maria press teams just enough (usually) so that the midfield isn't completely run over and Xabi isn't left to cover acres of open space.

I like Benzema, his economy, his grace, his artistry. Easily my favorite player on this squad. He finds a way to adapt to whatever role he's given. This may once again sound critical, but it's very difficult to play as a forward with Ronaldo.

Not only does he make diagonal runs into the box most of the time, but he isn't exactly a willing passer. Teams are setup around centre forwards and create chances for them : our team creates chances for Ron...so it's difficult.

Add to that rotation.

He doesn't have it easy.

But yea...it is what it is. As long as Ronaldo is greedy I will be critical.
Rubio2Gasol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #17
plowking
lifelong rockets fan

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
madrid already out in la liga and the antifootbolists chelsea out in CL

this might be even easier treble than i thought

Congratulations on choosing the best team as soon as you started watching soccer. The journey must be great for you.

And yet Barca still won't win the Champions League.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #18
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Congratulations on choosing the best team as soon as you started watching soccer. The journey must be great for you.

Yeah, they will. Have you been watching the CL at all? Most teams are trash.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
The problem with that is that there's no protection for Xabi. We have no concerted pressing game , Mourinhio hasn't established one...so Khedira is a quick remedy.

He has amazing positional sense and him and Di Maria press teams just enough (usually) so that the midfield isn't completely run over and Xabi isn't left to cover acres of open space.

I like Benzema, his economy, his grace, his artistry. Easily my favorite player on this squad. He finds a way to adapt to whatever role he's given. This may once again sound critical, but it's very difficult to play as a forward with Ronaldo.

Not only does he make diagonal runs into the box most of the time, but he isn't exactly a willing passer. Teams are setup around centre forwards and create chances for them : our team creates chances for Ron...so it's difficult.

Add to that rotation.

He doesn't have it easy.

But yea...it is what it is. As long as Ronaldo is greedy I will be critical.

I actually agree with that. Ronaldo does demand the ball and he does have that free lance role like Messi where he's able to do whatever he wants on the pitch essentially.

If that's the case wouldn't you think it's best to play Ronaldo as a striker then? He'd be deadly on the long/through balls and there probably isn't a better finisher in all of football than Ronaldo. I just think that he's preferred as a left winger as he can cut in to the right and just shoot. What about something like this?
---------Ronaldo
Benzema-------Di Maria
-------------Ozil
------Alonso----Modric/Khedira
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #20
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Yeah, they will. Have you been watching the CL at all? Most teams are trash.

Barcelona is a great team so of course they'll have a shot but I can see them having a trouble against a strong defensive squads like Juventus, Real and Bayern.

I have Bayern as my favorites actually. So much depth, so much talent and they got dat experience.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #21
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I actually agree with that. Ronaldo does demand the ball and he does have that free lance role like Messi where he's able to do whatever he wants on the pitch essentially.

If that's the case wouldn't you think it's best to play Ronaldo as a striker then? He'd be deadly on the long/through balls and there probably isn't a better finisher in all of football than Ronaldo. I just think that he's preferred as a left winger as he can cut in to the right and just shoot. What about something like this?
---------Ronaldo
Benzema-------Di Maria
-------------Ozil
------Alonso----Modric/Khedira

I would love something akin to that....but ideally everything should be more flexible.

Ronaldo's pace would be wasted by just being a forward, he still has the ability to get past a man. What I want to see is more involvement of Ozil and Benzema with both taking a more assertive role in being initiators in the attack.

But a more off the ball scoring role for him is ideally what I'd like. Having him stand on the wing in buildup play and do nothing really is a problem..because he can influence the game more through the centre if defenses are already set up....similarly Benz can influence the game more if given space.

A reduction in those cut in shots. They're generally wasted opportunities. He can take them every so often but he takes 5 a game.

Would love to see both wingers understand their targets. Benzema doesn't make pin down runs but he knows his spacing and gets himself open. Unfortunately that doesn't matter if you flash in crosses near the keeper.

There's alot I would change, none of it is likely to happen. Ronaldo flourishes in the counterattack and we clearly setup the team around him. What I'm advocating would likely make us much less dependent on him and would therefore reduce his statistical ouput, and I can't see it happening.

At least not with Mou here.
Rubio2Gasol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:26 AM   #22
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:

Actually Real was the best team when i started watching football

And yes they will.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #23
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Well they are playing crap sport so who cares :P
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #24
plowking
lifelong rockets fan

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

And yes they will.

Just like they were going to beat Chelsea last year, right?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #25
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

And yes they will.
You only liked them because Ronaldinho, the best player in the world, who you started shitting on when Messi started coming up. What a disgrace.

You get owned by Celtic AND Torres. Barca is going nowhere this year, sport.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Just like they were going to beat Chelsea last year, right?
As I said earlier you blind moron, with Chelsea out of CL, the job got much easier, because there arent any defensive oriented teams left. Sure Juve, Bayern and Real have good defenders but their style of play ( offensive oriented, doubt any of them will defend us 24/7 like Chelsea did ) would hurt them because once you open your game and start 'playing' against Barca, you will get knocked the f*ck out.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #27
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
As I said earlier you blind moron, with Chelsea out of CL, the job got much easier, because there arent any defensive oriented teams left. Sure Juve, Bayern and Real have good defenders but their style of play ( offensive oriented, doubt any of them will defend us 24/7 like Chelsea did ) would hurt them because once you open your game and start 'playing' against Barca, you will get knocked the f*ck out.
Chelsea didn't need to defend 24/7, they just stood their ground while Barcelona dicked around with the ball and went nowhere. They exposed Barca's boring style for what it is. If you just stand your ground and keep a good shape they can't do shit, even against 10 men at home .

Passing back and forth for 90 minutes is true anti-football.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: