Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-22-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Shaq afraid of being exposed by Curry?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01222007...arc_berman.htm

LOL.

Curry is the future of big men.

and Shaq has no balls.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

You might be right. I thought he would be up to a challenge, he's not.

He must still be injured......

That says a lot about the future of our team.

We are finally getting a little respect.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
cangoods
I brick open layups

cangoods has an OK reputation so far

Berman is trying to get shaq mad so he has a reason to drop 50 on us so he can say Isaih stinks.

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm definitely looking forward to it," Curry said. "If he plays, it's going to be great. It will be a great measuring stick to see where I am now."

He's right. I want to see if he can man handle Shaq. :

Quote:
As for the comparisons to O'Neal, Curry said: "It gets old but it's always a compliment to be compared to someone great. You don't get mad about it. You take it in stride and try to reach that goal, that level of play, but there's not going to be another Shaq."

He's scared of Shaq. He'd never say anything remotely offensive. He's smart.

Quote:
If O'Neal suits up tonight, Curry will have his hands full on defense.

That's dumn. Curry always has his hands full on defense. Lay off that cherry cake with the cream filling! :

Quote:
"I think it's hard to be equipped to play Shaq," Curry said. "Honestly. I'm definitely playing a lot better now on offense but on defense, I still got to guard him. We'll see what happens."

Eddy Curry needs to stop with the "but on defense," because this is what's costing us! Zeke is out there yelling "BOX OUT!" and Curry is like "but on defense?..."
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

At least he is aware that defense is part of the game and he is required to play it.

That's a start..........

Hopefully it will eventually register that he is required to play it in real time and not think about it.

That's the next step.........

Maybe some day he will leave his feet. I have seen him do it......box out, pass to the cutter, things like that. You know fundamentals, right now is a hit and miss.

I think he wants to learn and is trying. What he did in Chicago for 5 years is anybodies guess.

Maybe he just needed to grow up and Isiah is a father figure to Eddy.

Whatever it is he has the tools, he just has to learn how to use them. One of the key factors that people forget about is that he is big man and men that big expend a lot of energy. That's why it's so important for a man that big to be efficient and use their energy wisely. Good technique is so important for that, wasted energy is your enemy.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

they wasted Eddy in Chicago. they didn't try to train him or anything. he really is like a rookie.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #7
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01222007...arc_berman.htm

LOL.

Curry is the future of big men.

and Shaq has no balls.

berman is a complete moron, the guy made a trade proposal for kg that didnt even match up, im sure shaq took the game off to avoid playing against a guy who couldnt defend a brick wall.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt24
berman is a complete moron, the guy made a trade proposal for kg that didnt even match up, im sure shaq took the game off to avoid playing against a guy who couldnt defend a brick wall.

Shaq is like a brick wall. Just a few bricks done fell off of it.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
LouV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LouV has an OK reputation so far

I agree; Berman is one of the stupidest columnists in NY. You can guarantee he'll get it wrong, whatever 'it' is.

And he holds grudges. He crapped on Ewing for years, probably because Ewing didn't kiss his ass. He was throwing digs at Ewing in almost every article a year after Ewing left the Knicks.

These days he hates Isiah. He relentlessly attacks him. And wants David Lee to start (as if that makes a difference if the guy's getting 35 minutes a night).

He's a moron with a capital M. Piss poor writer with the mind of a brick.

If not for Phil Mushnick he'd be the stupidest writer on the Post. He actually might be stupider than Mushnick.
LouV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #10
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

It seem as though the Heat could have started their cheerleaders and ball boys against the Knicks and still have won the other night.

The Knicks did not even show up for this game. They showed no heart and no guts!

27-0 without D. Wade and Shack -- WOW!!!!

IMHO the Knicks need a coach that will make them run the stands for hours after a game like this.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #11
joshk
i clog mad toilets

joshk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Shaq afraid of being exposed by Curry?

Im going to a Knick game on Febuary 26 and they're playing the Heat. Shaq cant hold out that long.
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:19 PM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

funny how Shaq is playing when Curry is out.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #13
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
funny how Shaq is playing when Curry is out.

how is that funny, shaq was hurt and now hes back, if you think hes scared of curry your nuts, shaq isnt going to put the peddle to the metal anymore in the reg season hes saving himself for the playoffs and is going to take off as many games as he can to be ready, i wouldnt be suprised if the heat went back to the finals at all
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I thought the heat would REPEAT. That will never happen without Riles on the sideline.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #15
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Bring It Shaq!

He wants nothing of Curry lol, D-Whistle got killed be J Crawford last night
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: