Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #16
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: am i a pathetic beta male for doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Good rule of thumb; anyone who calls themselves an alpha male is the worst person you will ever meet.

Is that the correct use of a semicolon? I got kicked out of school before I learned about them.
Nope, you need two independent clauses. The first one is a fragment.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no thats worse than beta.

thats omega.

people give beta wayyy too bad of a rep.

beta means servant, second place, white knight, treats their girl good.
betas are likely smarter than alphas too.

it's not the worst thing in the world. most betas will have many gfs throughout their life, are civil, polite, nice, abide by morals, are pretty comfortable around all kind of people and the issue with them is that they are scared of leading/straying from the pack. when u have a million people striving to be alpha.. guess what happens? Afghanistan or russia

thats a hell of a lot better than the third rate "men" (i use that term loosely) in the misc and ish who are fake it till they make it alphas.

we should just have a system where we kinow what some dudes are good at and use that to compliment a civilization.

alpha males are a joke in this day and age. the sociopathic white collar hedge fund manager metrosexuals are at the top of the food chain and they relaly r not something to aspire to (more on this later)

jordan is a fvcking piece of shit of a human being.

sir thomas more and howard roark are more loner types and people who devote themselves to their codes of honor.. they are infinitely more commendable than a run of the mill affliction wearing f*cktard bozo.

even tess of the durbevilles is cooler than them.

well da battle continues..

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 11-25-2012 at 04:51 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Good rule of thumb; anyone who calls themselves an alpha male is the worst person you will ever meet.

Is that the correct use of a semicolon? I got kicked out of school before I learned about them.

I would go with a colon over a semicolon since the second half of the sentence is an example of the first part which is acting like a title for the second half.

Semicolons is more for when each part of the sentence can stand on its own.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
I would go with a colon over a semicolon since the second half of the sentence is an example of the first part which is acting like a title for the second half.

Semicolons is more for when each part of the sentence can stand on its own.

One day I'm gonna impress a bitch with a semicolon.
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IllSMak

nice analysis

the way I see it.

Alpha is quite a dynamic term.

It defines either one who is the highest status,
a certain attitude (dominance)

there are traits that are always alpha, and sometimes beta and sometimes alpha.

will to power is always alpha
dominance is always alpha (be it physical, mental)
strength is always alpha
being less reactive than others is always alpha
fearlessness is always alpha
winning is always alpha
controlling your fate is always alpha
being no. 1 is always alpha
leadership is always alpha
being a big d!ck womanizer is always alpha

there is NO mention of talent
artistic ability
creative genius (tesla einstein)
glorification of fatherhood
glorification of a supporting sidekick like robin or daxter who was just as important as the hero in attaining the victory

even though they are very much praiseworthy

the issue with this is... there are sociopaths with no concern for human life that are alpha by definition. which is why we need to define other traits as an exemplar of the UBERMENSCH

thats when neitzsche tackled the situation and brought forth
'the man who would conquer his passions'

thats when u had john from a brave new world feel sick when he had to deal with the times.. and he was seen

thats when u have simon in lord of the flies show his kindness to animals.

arrogance /=/ alpha
kindness /=/ alpha

When someone like Christ was revered or India post-indepndent Grait(love, submission, goodness ot others was a trait of an alpha) now it's not.

We, as an ISH brotherhood need to redefine the values necessary and select the proper leader to embody positive masculinity.

but first, the criteria must take the amorphous liquid and turn in concrete
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #21
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
One day I'm gonna impress a bitch with a semicolon.

start here
http://leo.stcloudstate.edu/punct/col-semi.html
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #22
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Why in the blue hell do you have their names if you never had any legitimate interaction with them?

On a serious note though, from personal experience, if they find you attractive AND they are actually considering you, it's not so bad, but whenever you're caught at a crossroads to do or not do this sort of thing, it's better not to. Sure, fine, cultural norms and society say it's always the girl who should be chased, but you don't have to be a persistent creeper kind of guy. One thing you should remember (and I'm working o too) if you're even just simply trying to meet girls, you have to make them think like they want to meet you. You don't have to be the douchebag player, but yeah, some little Jedi mind tricks here and there are good.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: