Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #16
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who do the Chiefs pick: Matt Barkley or Geno Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Both Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones fell off the face of the earth when it comes to being NFL prospects. I still like Tyler Wilson though.

Bray isn't nearly ready for the pros. Needs one more year.

I think Landry will be a better pro than college quarter back. Best thing that could happen to him is to get drafted somewhere he can sit and let the game come to him for a year or two. We also took away multiple scoring chances for him with the Belldozer package. Landry can get happy feet in the pocket and I think he was lost for half a season of games when Broyles went down. The last few weeks he has looked like a different quarterback with the emergence of Saunders and more consistent play calling and route running from the other wideouts. I feel for him because he had to follow Sam Bradford. Still first quarterback in NCAA history to throw for 3000 yards and 26 plus touch downs for 4 straight years isn't anything to be ashamed of.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah Jones looks more like an NFL QB than a college QB, and his stock should be rising, he has been awesome last few games...

He has the best size of the bunch too...I think it is possible he could be a late first round pick with a good combine showing
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #18
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

I think they have to trade down here
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I think they have to trade down here

The question is who wants to give a deal to jump up? There isn't a clear cut best player to be had.

You can get an equally talented prospect at #5 as you can at #1 this year, IMO.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #20
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
The question is who wants to give a deal to jump up? There isn't a clear cut best player to be had.

You can get an equally talented prospect at #5 as you can at #1 this year, IMO.

True. I looked around at the potential prospects from 2014 and it looks worse than 2013 in quarterbacks so I'm sure if they are patient a team will over pay to get Geno or Barkley, though the bank won't be broken since neither compares to Luck or RG3.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

There will be a clear cut best player next year though.

Clowney is one of the most heralded defensive prospects that I can remember.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #22
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

True, but I am speaking as far as quarterbacks. Bridgewater, Boyd, Bray and maybe Murray if he stays are the top prospects for 2014.

As a Raiders fan I'll take one more crappy season to get Clowney.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #23
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Mike Glennon should probably be mentioned as well. He won't be drafted that high, but his tools are up there with everyone else already listed.

If you wait a year for a QB, I'm a pretty big fan of Bridgewater. I would take him over any QB in this next draft.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #24
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

That man would have been a 1st round pick outta high school. He's an absolute beast.
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #25
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I'd do my best to trade down for a ton of draft picks if possible and pick up a Tyler Wilson. They need a better o-line and better pass rush as well. Emphasis on o-line. No o-line then no matter who you draft at quarterback will still get slaughtered.

I thought KC had a top 5 o-line?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #26
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I thought KC had a top 5 o-line?

I must have missed those games. The few I have caught down here they looked like absolute crap.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Said it in another thread and I'll say it again here... Word around Cleveland is the reason the Browns used a second round pick on Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft when he may have still been there in the third is because this is such an incredibly weak draft. That says a lot to me, because second round picks are usually treated like gold. Apparently not this year.

I really have no idea who should be the No. 1 pick. Not only is there not an elite QB prospect, there's not an elite left tackle prospect, which is usually the other spot teams look for with the very top picks.

Jarvis Jones looks to me like the player in this draft with the greatest amount of upside, but even he has some question marks and a few subpar games this year. I'm hoping he'll be there for the Browns wherever we are picking, but wow... This is a sorry class.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #28
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

KC needs to get better everywhere it seems.

They could use another CB opposite Flowers

They desperately need a 3-4 DE who can apply pressure to the QB. Their current DE's (Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey) cannot rush the passer. Star could be a nice fit for them - Though I'm not sure if he could operate as a 3-4 end, and he's not a great pass rusher, he makes his money in the run defense. He could be Tyson Jackson part 2, great against the run and invisible against the pass.

The best pass rushing DT (who could work as a 3-4 end) in this draft is Sylvester Williams from North Carolina IMO.

They also could upgrade their o-line.

I'd say Jarvis Jones is the least thing they need, they already have two superb pass rushing OLB's in Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. That may be the only position they don't need to upgrade.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #29
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

what a shitty draft
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #30
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

The draft may or may not have a lot of depth, who knows at this point....but it has a lot of talented prospects at the top.

Luke Joeckle isn't the #1 rated prospect right now on CBS for no reason. He dominated the SEC as a left tackle. Then you have his teammate Jake Matthews, who I think will be a pro bowl caliber player down the road.

You got quality pass rushing prospects. Mingo, Jones, Moore, Werner, Montgomery...and one of the most intriguing players in any recent draft, Dion Jordan.

DT's you have an elite prospect in Star and Hankins (the latter has questionable motor but his physical skills are scary) and some quality ones like Jesse Williams, Richardson, Jenkins, Short...

ILB you have one of the best prospects to come out in recent memory in Te'o.

Corners, Milliner might end up being that elite prospect, he certainly has the physical skills. He's currently rated #4 overall and has been moving up and up.

Jonathan Banks is a clean prospect at corner as well. I think he will be a great value for someone picking in the 25 range if he ends up there.

Eric Reid & Matt Elam are the top safety prospects. I don't think either is an elite prospect, but that doesn't mean I think they're bad players. I expect them to be good players.

You got one of the best guard prospects to come out in the last 10 years in Chance Warmack. Then another 1st rounder in Jonnathan Cooper and fringe 1st Barrett Jones.

TE is weak. Only Tyler Eifert seems like a potential 1st rounder and a late one at that.

WR is weak.

QBs.....no elite prospect.

Don't think any RB will go in the first round either.

So in conclusion, bad draft for skill positions....absolutely a great draft for the front 7 defense and the OLine, and one elite corner prospect.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: