Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Any RGIII fans in the house?

What an exciting player to watch. Hands down my favorite in the NFL.

Best Black Rookie Quarterback of All-Time?

Go Redskins!
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Any RGIII fans in the house?

I hate RGIII
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Best Black Rookie Quarterback of All-Time?

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

How?

RGIII has a better completion rate, better TD/INT ratio, and higher passer rating.

He's on pace to destroy Cam's rushing numbers too.

I like how they both wear the same facemask style and clear visor though. Pimpin!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

He's so fine.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
He's so fine.

He's got such a winning smile and engaging personality. Love the Windows Phone and Play60 commercials.

No homo.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

What a game by Cam Newton in last night's Monday Night Football game!

He reminds me of a Tracy McGrady at the QB position. Both wear #1 and both make it look so effortless with kind of a lackadaisical attitude.

Newton wears a smooth facial expression and doesn't seem to be putting forth much effort yet runs circles around everyone when he leaves the pocket.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

No, and this is by no means intended to be racist ...

But I would NEVER put stock in a black QB

Their attitude, intelligence, style of play just isn't a fit in that role.

"Gotta get my shine" and be a superstar mentality works for other positions, but not selfless QB leader.

Athleticism at the QB position is overrated, and in many cases shortens a QB's career by running the ball.

Look at the best QB of the past 14 years, Peyton Manning. Not an ounce of athletic ability.

Just smarts. 2nd best in that time frame? Tom Brady. Same deal.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Talking Re: Any RGIII fans in the house?

moar
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm a fan of both but i'd rather have cam newton. At 6'5 he's less prone to injury and he may not be as quick but he's elusive enough. Last night really sold me on him, avoided contact but got the yards and into the endzone too. Rg3 would worry me with injuries. Though he is a beast himself.

That cam newton commercial with the small kid asking him questions "so i can be drafted #1? You can become my back up? Become your mom's favorite player?, just loosening my arm"
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
No, and this is by no means intended to be racist ...

But I would NEVER put stock in a black QB

Their attitude, intelligence, style of play just isn't a fit in that role.

"Gotta get my shine" and be a superstar mentality works for other positions, but not selfless QB leader.

Athleticism at the QB position is overrated, and in many cases shortens a QB's career by running the ball.

Look at the best QB of the past 14 years, Peyton Manning. Not an ounce of athletic ability.

Just smarts. 2nd best in that time frame? Tom Brady. Same deal.

That was pretty racist lol. RGIII doesn't have the "gotta get my shine mentality" at all and is showing great traditional QB play.

If coaches who know the game better than you are trusting these guys, there should be no issue.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #13
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yea boi

hes turning our franchise around. theres a couple of big time skins fans on this forum (myself, rocsteady, jackass).

Griffin's pretty much exactly what you want from a QB. Smart, humble, athletic, super fast, strong arm, very accurate, and good pocket presence

Last edited by KingBeasley08 : 11-27-2012 at 04:56 PM.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Cam Newton ain't even in the same level as RG3 right now and he certainly doesn't act like a punk ass bitch
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
I'm a fan of both but i'd rather have cam newton. At 6'5 he's less prone to injury and he may not be as quick but he's elusive enough. Last night really sold me on him, avoided contact but got the yards and into the endzone too. Rg3 would worry me with injuries. Though he is a beast himself.

That cam newton commercial with the small kid asking him questions "so i can be drafted #1? You can become my back up? Become your mom's favorite player?, just loosening my arm"

I think I'm starting to lean more towards Newton too. At 6'5 250-260, he is just a statuesque powerhouse of a specimen. There were a couple of times when linemen had him wrapped up and just slid/melted off of him like butter.

Last night didn't have me completely sold on his passing since the Eagles pass defense is so weak, and he made a number of bad throws. But, there is definitely potential there.

I hope he becomes the face of the league and continues making those hilarious commercials. He could be like a black Peyton Manning. 6'5, charming and a big ole kid that could probably do well hosting SNL.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: