Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Any RGIII fans in the house?

Who smiles when they drop back to pass?

Last edited by HardwoodLegend : 11-27-2012 at 06:13 PM.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend

Who smiles when they drop back to pass?
someone trying to get over his current mediocre season/play
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #18
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
someone trying to get over his current mediocre season/play

He's pulling out of that sophomore slump. More TD's than INT's, baby!

And, the Carolina Panthers are better than their record.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #19
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
He's pulling out of that sophomore slump. More TD's than INT's, baby!

And, the Carolina Panthers are better than their record.
You are what your record says they are beating the eagles is hardly impressive
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #20
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cam's good but he turns the ball over way too much. That's his biggest problem, even his rookie year, he threw 17 picks
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

So it might be 3 years in a row in which the best rookie QB is black. Last year it was Cam, this year it's RGIII, and next year it might be Geno Smith.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #22
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
So it might be 3 years in a row in which the best rookie QB is black. Last year it was Cam, this year it's RGIII, and next year it might be Geno Smith.
Meh.

Culpepper, McNabb, Vick all were at one point potentials.

Only one black QB has ever won a ring. I guess you could count Steve Young as a black QB given his skill set, but he was smarter than your average black QB.

RG III personality is certainly more endearing than the clown that is Cam Newton.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Meh.

Only one black QB has ever won a ring. I guess you could count Steve Young as a black QB given his skill set, but he was smarter than your average black QB.

RG III personality is certainly more endearing than the clown that is Cam Newton.

Geno Smith actually plays more like a white QB. He doesn't use his legs nearly as much as Cam and RGIII and is more of a "pure" pocket passer with great arm strength and accuracy. He's definitely the best QB in his draft class imo. I hope my Jets can get him.

Cam and RGIII have bright futures though. RGIII actually has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. Have you seen how well the guy throws the deep ball? My only concern is that he's too small to be taking all of those hits. Cam is ****ing huge, so I'm not worried about him taking hits. Cam definitely needs to cut down on turnovers and become a bit better in the pocket though, or he'll suffer the same fate as Vick.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
yea boi

hes turning our franchise around. theres a couple of big time skins fans on this forum (myself, rocsteady, jackass).

Griffin's pretty much exactly what you want from a QB. Smart, humble, athletic, super fast, strong arm, very accurate, and good pocket presence
This. He is playing great and seems humble. He has gained my respect.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #25
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Meh.

Saying one black QB has ever won a ring isn't a diss at all. One player has less control over their team's fate in football than in basketball. You're depending on 21 other players on two different sides of the ball.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #26
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
That was pretty racist lol. RGIII doesn't have the "gotta get my shine mentality" at all and is showing great traditional QB play.

If coaches who know the game better than you are trusting these guys, there should be no issue.

What makes it even funnier is Money 23 is a fan of the biggest "Gotta get my Shine on" black NBA player of all time.

Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #27
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

He's quickly become my favorite non-Patriot. I don't follow college football as much as some people on here, so I didn't get to see a ton of action from his Baylor days, but my buddy and I were watching the pre-draft workouts and marveled at how effortless he made everything look, and how smooth he was. I saw a Tracy McGrady comparison in here and that's a pretty good way to describe him...except he's got a little more of a winner's mentality. I turned to my buddy and said, "If I get a chance, I'm taking this guy in our fantasy league." Put my money where my mouth was and drafted him in the 3rd round. Shocked everyone, but we all know how that turned out. Plus I follow him on facebook, and he just comes off as a humble, respectful human being. There aren't many bad things to say about this kid, I hope he has a long career.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #28
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
I saw a Tracy McGrady comparison in here and that's a pretty good way to describe him...except he's got a little more of a winner's mentality.

I compared Cam Newton to T-Mac. Cam appears to be giving about 75% effort most of the time.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #29
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Michael Vick is still awesome and fun to watch. I wonder how much longer he'll be able to get it done with his legs.

He would have been much better had it not been for the scandal and prison time... and he should be doing a lot better in Philly if he had any sort of pass protection.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #30
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Cam represented on Sunday, RGIII represented on Monday.

Let's get it, black quarterbacks!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: