Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #166
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Even the fact that the Woodberry gang was able to headshot a guy from so far away that no one even heard them pull their truck up, then couldn't land a hit again after that. Although they did do a nice job with the squibs implying they just barely missed. Like the chick using the convicts body as a sheild. Or Rick actually appearing to duck a round.

You have to know a show isn't doing much on the character development front when I so consistently forget characters names. I know Rick, Glenn, Maggie, Herschel, Daryl, The Gov, Michone, I've started to remember Andrea. Just quickly off the cuff, I can't give you ... the shaved head lady (how's she keep that hair so short), Daryl's brother (Merle, just struck me), the kid, Maggie's sister, any of the prisoners, anyone else in Woodberry, or any of the prisoners Rick just scared off.

Yeah it was bizarre. Michone and Glen convinced everyone they were coming and nobody kept watch. Instead everyone was prancing around in the open. Terrible set-up.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #167
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I agree. The Woodberry gang took out an army, they couldn't take out a bat-sh!t cop, a one legged man with no gun, 3 chicks, and a 12 year old kid?

I also thought that was Andrea, but I don't think it was, the commercial for next week gave away a clue

You forgot that them (Rick) raided Woodburry & killed half of his crew. The black & mexican dude are all that's left.... Well, the Latina chick too. As far as I know though, they only only showed the governor, guy at guard tower, mexican dude, black dude & the person that was in that truck.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #168
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

This shootout was so much better than the one where Rick and the crew raided Woodbury. Everything just felt right.

Look, shooting someone while standing still is different than shooting a moving target or a target that's aiming right back at you. Yeah, yeah ... Rick is a trained policeman, but c'mon ... HE AIN'T PERFECT -- It's a TV Show, but maybe he was just havin a bad day or didn't get a clear shot ... Anything could have happen.

And Glenn should chill the F*** out ... Him gettin' mad like that doesn't fit into his character, he should stick to being a little clueless when it comes to stepping up but a little smart about things, Cuz' really ... he's getting annoying.

But yeah, I like where Herschel had nowhere to go but just lay on the floor, it adds a little flavor to the shootout -- Cuz I thought he was gonna die at first.

I swear I was screaming on top of my lungs when they had that ramp down ... As soon as I first saw that ... I was like "Oh shittt, I know what this is!!!"

THAT WAS A GREAT EPISODE!

Btw, what happened to that new group that was inside the Prison? The one that Carl helped get inside. Did they really get booted out? I mean, if they did ... WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #169
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Btw, what happened to that new group that was inside the Prison? The one that Carl helped get inside. Did they really get booted out? I mean, if they did ... WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.

I'm assuming they will end up meeting up with one of the two groups and have the story line go from there. If not, it was completely pointless besides the fact that it shows Rick still can't trust anyone?
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #170
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
And Andrea who was always the best female character on the show (Lori is even aggravating from beyond the grave for Christ's sakes.), from grieving her sister, to becoming a badass marksman, to her tug of war emotions with Shane and the old guy, she at least had a real character. Now she's been reduced to saying "Phillip ... please stop!!", and giving horrible pep talk speeches to a groups of extras.

I don't see a problem here. The Governor is keeping her in the dark and having her do stupid shit while he goes after her friends. More of a build up to when there's finally actual interaction between her and Rick's group.

Quote:
You have to know a show isn't doing much on the character development front when I so consistently forget characters names. I know Rick, Glenn, Maggie, Herschel, Daryl, The Gov, Michone, I've started to remember Andrea. Just quickly off the cuff, I can't give you ... the shaved head lady (how's she keep that hair so short), Daryl's brother (Merle, just struck me), the kid, Maggie's sister, any of the prisoners, anyone else in Woodberry, or any of the prisoners Rick just scared off.

This is what, the 2nd episode since the mid-season break, so people might not be that fresh. Carol went MIA for a bit, so she's easier to forget, the people Rick scared off were brand new characters, there's only been a couple Woodbuy people they've really done much with (can't think of any names outside of Milton), but I did have trouble with Axel's name and Maggie's sister (hell, I can't think of her name now). Merle has been maybe the best character this season. He's been awesome. Carl's character has had plenty of development and is one of the bigger characters remaining, so I'm not sure how you forgot him. A number of people have been throwaway characters, so they're not really supposed to get much development.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 02-19-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #171
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
The shootout was awful, they can pick off walkers from a distance but they can't get the guy standing on the guard tower with there first 50 shots?

The shit hit the fan, they weren't prepared and zombies don't shoot back.

Quote:
I also thought it was Andrea that drove the van in with the zombies but the preview for next week makes it seem like she wasn't involved.

Why would Andrea be involved in something like that?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #172
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
I'm assuming they will end up meeting up with one of the two groups and have the story line go from there. If not, it was completely pointless besides the fact that it shows Rick still can't trust anyone?

They're exaggerating his "Crazy" thing. I mean, I know he's losing his mind ... but c'mon, it's getting a little old now & someone need to POUR ICE COLD WATER on him and tell him to wake up. But really though, they're over doing it.

Anyway, I just can't wait to get out of the prison! THEY NEED TO GO BACK TO THE CITY!!!

I was just thinkin bout this the other day, and the best new black guy in this show would be that black guy from PRISON BREAK! C-NOTE!
And if they're thinkin of adding more characters, they should have T-Bag & Sucre!

Let's say T-Bag is wandering around -- desperate lookin for food and shelter And works for The Governor .... damn .... His face itself is so VILLAINACIOUS.

What yall think?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #173
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

To the people that reads the comic, should we expect a PSYCHO Villain dude any time soon?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #174
jaydacris
Rose

Quote:
To the people that reads the comic, should we expect a PSYCHO Villain dude any time soon?
Be careful what you wish for. Sixersfan will grant your wish kindly and give you extra info ;)
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #175
jazz873
College star

Even though Merle is an a-hole he is one funny dude
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #176
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
the current issues have another crazy ass guy that rick has to face off, it's going to be awhile before you meet him though.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #177
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:

Bro, the agenda here was to keep it a strictly television discussion. You shouldn't be encouraging comic talk. Didn't you see sixerfan get ripped for it in this thread? I like sixerfan but I got to agree with the others on this one, keeping it strictly TV has made the discussion alot more engaging and the TV show alot more suspensful

Last edited by hateraid : 02-20-2013 at 02:24 AM.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #178
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Even though Merle is an a-hole he is one funny dude
He's not long for the show. His slight redemption and eventual death will be another predictable character arc in this show. I'm still watching but when the most likable characters are Glen and friggin Carol, there is a problem.

Maybe the video game just raised my expectations a bit too high when it comes to Walking Dead storytelling. I realize there are limitations to what you can do on a tv show.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #179
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

there is so much ****ing spoilers here
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:58 AM   #180
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I hope the above isn't a spoiler...