Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #181
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Mine about Merle dying? Not a spoiler. 100% speculation from me. I've never read the comics. I would bet money on it happening though based on the pattern of character development on this show.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #182
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

The start to next week's episode has to be very intense.. just got out of a shootout and Merle shows up. Oh lawd I can't wait. I really wish Michonne talked more, I'm trying to root for her but she makes it very hard
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #183
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
He's not long for the show. His slight redemption and eventual death will be another predictable character arc in this show. I'm still watching but when the most likable characters are Glen and friggin Carol, there is a problem.

Maybe the video game just raised my expectations a bit too high when it comes to Walking Dead storytelling. I realize there are limitations to what you can do on a tv show.
I can't really figure out what direction the show will go with Merle's character but i just hope he stays on the show for at least a little. He gives the show a sense of humor.

As far as the most likable characters. I think Daryl is the most likable character. Especially after the last episode.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #184
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool

I thought it was going to be Andrea coming to the rescue with a bunch of grenades and machine guns to help out her old group. Oh well.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #185
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He's not long for the show. His slight redemption and eventual death will be another predictable character arc in this show. I'm still watching but when the most likable characters are Glen and friggin Carol, there is a problem.

Maybe the video game just raised my expectations a bit too high when it comes to Walking Dead storytelling. I realize there are limitations to what you can do on a tv show.

I also started watching after finished the game. One of the best I ever played. Completely better than a show, even tho season 3 is really good.
CeltsGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #186
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I can't really figure out what direction the show will go with Merle's character but i just hope he stays on the show for at least a little. He gives the show a sense of humor.

As far as the most likable characters. I think Daryl is the most likable character. Especially after the last episode.
You're right. I forgot about Darryl. But Rick? Carl? cliche-spouting Herschel? girl #1 and girl #2? The rest? Boring or unlikable. If you're not focusing on the "surviving in this harsh world" aspect (season 1), you need to develop your damn characters. This is where season 2 failed and, IMO, season 3 is doing only a margnially better job.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #187
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Mine about Merle dying? Not a spoiler. 100% speculation from me. I've never read the comics. I would bet money on it happening though based on the pattern of character development on this show.

Yeah, that, but good, it's only your speculation. Isn't losing a hand enough? It's true about the redemption character arc for some shows, but I hope he doesn't follow that pattern. If they do kill him off, then I hope it's for something like saving Daryl's life or another good character's life. I think he could add an interesting dynamic to the group if they keep him around.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #188
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Bro, the agenda here was to keep it a strictly television discussion. You shouldn't be encouraging comic talk. Didn't you see sixerfan get ripped for it in this thread? I like sixerfan but I got to agree with the others on this one, keeping it strictly TV has made the discussion alot more engaging and the TV show alot more suspensful

I wouldn't really call that being 'ripped', let's be real, this is words on the internet, it's not like im losing sleep over some shmuck on the internet who doesn't like me lol

But, the arguments made against me could go either way.

I disagree with your last comment, the show has been back on for almost 2 weeks now and this thread was buried when I looked for it, clearly it's lost it's appeal to many.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #189
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes
I thought it was going to be Andrea coming to the rescue with a bunch of grenades and machine guns to help out her old group. Oh well.

Hopefully when Adrea shows up at the prison next week she will bring that big bag of guns with her
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #190
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsRisin2DaTop
http://misclivestream.blogspot.com/p...king-dead.html

confirmed working link, I've used it when I didn't have cable.

just refresh page at show time
Bump.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #191
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm surprised that people are still trying to watch this show. After season one it's been just brutal outside of a couple moments.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #192
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I'm surprised that people are still trying to watch this show. After season one it's been just brutal outside of a couple moments.
I forgot we all had the same preferences.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #193
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I still watch it because I find the concept interesting and there's so much potential in a serialized version of it. But yeah, my interest keeps dropping with every episode. Loved the first season, loved the first two or so episodes of season 2 and then it all went downhill at the farmhouse and hasn't really recovered. For a story that hasn't really been done on TV before, they sure are making it in the most generic way possible and wasting all that potential.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #194
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
I forgot we all had the same preferences.
Valid enough point, but the fact is that a lot of the people who are continuing to try to make this show work for them are the same ones who have been bitching about it since season one. Hence why I just don't get it.

And it's not a matter of preference that the overall quality of the show has declined since season one. That sentiment is pretty much universal.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #195
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
I still watch it because I find the concept interesting and there's so much potential in a serialized version of it. But yeah, my interest keeps dropping with every episode. Loved the first season, loved the first two or so episodes of season 2 and then it all went downhill at the farmhouse and hasn't really recovered. For a story that hasn't really been done on TV before, they sure are making it in the most generic way possible and wasting all that potential.
Season two was abhorrent. Just terrible. I don't care what your tastes are, it was poorly written and poorly executed. I tried season three but I'm done.

It hasn't reached the depths of the Killing yet, but it's well on its way.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: