Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #196
jazz873
College star

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

can we all get that hour back?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #197
hateraid
Is it in you?

That singing at the end was killing me. Seems like the most inappropriate time to start a sing-along.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #198
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
And it's not a matter of preference that the overall quality of the show has declined since season one. That sentiment is pretty much universal.

That's how opinionated people work. Not that I would dispute the quality dropping from season 1, but I've enjoyed this season more than last season. I feel like they're building up to something good. Hope I'm not disappointed.

Quote:
I guess if you prefer shoddy writing and nonexistent character development then yeah the show is still awesome.

Are you referring to just season 2? If not, then if you can't see character development, then you're not paying attention or are just making lazy generalizations.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #199
longhornfan1234
National High School Star

Awful episode.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #200
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
That's how opinionated people work. Not that I would dispute the quality dropping from season 1, but I've enjoyed this season more than last season. I feel like they're building up to something good. Hope I'm not disappointed.

Are you referring to just season 2? If not, then if you can't see character development, then you're not paying attention or are just making lazy generalizations.
I'm not going to argue with you, it's obvious from this thread you're a huge fan of the show. If you really think the show has gotten better and not significantly worse since season one we are never going to see eye to eye on this, so why bother?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #201
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Awful episode.
Yup, the episodes are getting worse and worse.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #202
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I'm not going to argue with you, it's obvious from this thread you're a huge fan of the show. If you really think the show has gotten better and not significantly worse since season one we are never going to see eye to eye on this, so why bother?

There's a difference between trying to enjoy a show and being a huge fan. Curious, what post of mine leads you to think that way? I don't remember making a single post in here praising the show to high heaven. Also, in my post I stated, "Not that I would dispute the quality dropping from season 1".
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #203
hateraid
Is it in you?

It's funny how people are asking for character development now yet S2 was all about character development and we all screamed more action.

As for shoddy writing, I think the reason we all keep watching TWD is the genre. It's the same reason why we'll sit through The Land of the Dead and other bad zombie flicks. It's all about the zombies!
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #204
Turkododo
I rule the local playground

All i can say after this episode is that Andrea is a stupid Hoe. That is all.
Turkododo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #205
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Show's back to being fairly bad after a strong start the season.

But Beth (that's her name right?) karaokeing some Tom Waits at the end wasn't bad, if only because a bunch of young kids will look up the song and discover Tom Waits.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #206
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
The governor's D is too good, she can't give it up

I know I'm not the only one who thought the Governor was gonna grab Andrea's arm when she stood over him w/ the knife...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 AM   #207
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I was hoping the Governor was going to kill her. People hyped him up, but the guy hasn't really done all the much. I hope he doesn't end up being some overhyped character that had potential but ended up being wasted.

I liked last week's episode, but this one took a step back. Next week looks like it's going to be mostly just Rick, Michonne and Carl.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #208
DuMa
Canned

lots of promise and build up and yet the show teased us of the gubernor's demise DAMMIT ANDREA. redeem your slutty self already! I suppose they cant quite kill him yet, he still has a lot of filler episodes for the producers to fill up on.

Those hating on the show and yet continue to still watch are funny people. conflicted people.

Also i found it funny how Merle was able to get a rifle and a knife strapped to his arm in what seems to be like 1 night of forgiveness. Its kinda shoddy.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 AM   #209
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

That episode was ass.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:52 AM   #210
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
It's funny how people are asking for character development now yet S2 was all about character development and we all screamed more action.

Season 2 was my favorite because of the development of Shane. It took until the 2nd half of season 2 to really get into the show. Zombie survival alone does not do it for me, so I wasn't a big fan of season 1. Season 3 is the worst one. The war is fun at times, but also stupid. The prison isn't safe? Woodbury isn't safe? Then f*cking leave. And Rick's insanity is super stupid. It better have some awesome payoff, because I will be very frustrated if they have all those moronic scenes just to ultimately have him say "I'm good now" and move on. Before somebody says "Then don't watch it," it is important for me to say I do still really like the show as a whole. Those are just frustrating parts, and I'm hoping they move past them soon and start a new storyline. I knew Andrea wouldn't kill the Governor, but I was really hoping for her to just to end the war. The Governor isn't as good of a bad guy as I was expecting when he was first introduced. He is too evil. I wished that his motivations for the war were easier to relate to, making the decisions of the main group more morally questionable and compelling (kind of like Breaking Bad where the people you root for start making more questionable choices ethically).

By the way, I'm hoping the season ends will Andrea dying at the hands of The Governor in a way that exposes The Governor to the townspeople so they turn their backs on him, and the Governor just commits suicide.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: