Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #226
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

So, I'm trying really hard not to walk into this thread and try to explain this show to the naysayers..

But, most of the complaints about the show in this thread can be explain in one of three ways..

1. Using your brain
2. Thinking for 30 seconds or longer
3. Realizing this is not a zombie 'movie' and characters are capable of learning (ie: the zombies arent a threat? well no shit, havent we learned to turn threats into non-threats?).
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #227
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It is a good concept about perception. And I'm hoping we get some pay off from The Wire guy's group. They're probably going to prefer the Woodberry group to crazy Rick, but we as the audience know that their wrong about Rick and his group.

Did anyone else chuckle when Carol had to point out to Andrea that also TDog died after she asked about Shane and Lori. It was as if even the characters had forgotten about TDog.

You know what the payoff will be? The two white guys join the Governor, the two black characters will realize he's crazier than Rick and go back to the prison. Guaranteed.

It really is absurd how nobody gave a f*ck about TDog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
So, I'm trying really hard not to walk into this thread and try to explain this show to the naysayers..

But, most of the complaints about the show in this thread can be explain in one of three ways..

1. Using your brain
2. Thinking for 30 seconds or longer
3. Realizing this is not a zombie 'movie' and characters are capable of learning (ie: the zombies arent a threat? well no shit, havent we learned to turn threats into non-threats?).

It's not a smart show. There's inconsistency out the ass.

The characters DON'T learn anything.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #228
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder

Try again, this time use examples, everything is explainable.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #229
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Still, I'm not a fan of the war. I'd still prefer the Governor to be more relate-able rather than just constantly manipulative and hell bent on killing them. They started to do that early on (with his daughter), but none of that is touched on anymore. If it weren't for him being so narrow sighted, then there would not be such an intense war. Essentially, I'm still not a fan of the war because it is instigated by and focuses on a character that I find weak.

He seems to be a vengeful person coming from a dark place. We don't know his background or all that much about him, so I can see where you're coming from. It's easy to see why he doesn't care for Michonne, though.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 02-26-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #230
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I wasn't thinking about the baby. I think they could do it with everything else going on if it weren't for the baby. Still, I'm not a fan of the war. I'd still prefer the Governor to be more relate-able rather than just constantly manipulative and hell bent on killing them. They started to do that early on (with his daughter), but none of that is touched on anymore. If it weren't for him being so narrow sighted, then there would not be such an intense war. Essentially, I'm still not a fan of the war because it is instigated by and focuses on a character that I find weak.

I saw this post and it interested me for 2 reasons.

1. The governor IS shane, he's everything shane's character was. you kill to survive in a world with no rules, but there seems to be some level of ambivalence when someone outside of the group is that character, what if we'd been following woodbury since the ZA occurred? would our opinions change?

2. What are governors options? To him, Rick's is a stranger and the only information the governor has on rick's group prior to any face to face interaction is merle's thoughts on the group based on HIS interaction with rick on the rooftop in atlanta. To rick, the governor beat up his friends, almost raped maggie, and showed up on his doorstep with an uzi.

This show really deserves to be looked at from various angles and making the attempt(not that you aren't) to understand the flow of information from the characters POV.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #231
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
Try again, this time use examples, everything is explainable.

You're the one that came in here and said everybody was wrong about the show. The onus of proof is on you.

You prove why the show isn't inconsistent and flawed, and why the characters are actually smart.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #232
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
You're the one that came in here and said everybody was wrong about the show. The onus of proof is on you.

You prove why the show isn't inconsistent and flawed, and why the characters are actually smart.

I'm not going to waste my time dissecting 30 episodes to pacify you or this board.

If however, there are things you'd like clarified, I'm more than willing to explain.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #233
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

did we or did we not see andrea's ass? prob a butt double. maybe it was just the silhouette of it i swear, in this episode she put on all the makeup and dimed herself up within woodburys walls. made me forget this is a zombie apocalypse show.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #234
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

'The Walking Dead' names new showrunner

Quote:
AMC made it official today by announcing that Scott M. Gimple will take over as showrunner and executive producer of The Walking Dead for season four. Production will resume in Atlanta, GA. on May 6.
Gimple has been on the show’s writing staff since season two. “Scott has been an essential part of this show since he came aboard at the very beginning of season two. He’s contributed to guiding this show in a substantial way that has resulted in a lot of the key scenes and storylines fans have dubbed signature moments of The Walking Dead,” said Executive Producer Robert Kirkman in a statement. “I am thrilled to begin work on a brand new season of The Walking Dead with Scott at the helm, and I truly believe we could be embarking on what will be the best season of this show yet.”
“I’m thrilled to continue the tradition of the spectacular, cinematic, horrifying, exciting and emotional storytelling of The Walking Dead,” added Gimple in a statement. “I’m a huge fan of the comics, and started with the show on the other side of the set, as an avid viewer. Over the past two years, it’s been an incredible privilege making such great television with the best cast and crew I’ve ever worked with – I can’t wait to make some more.”
Gimple, who was responsible for episode 306 (“Hounded”) and last season’s climatic mid-season finale episode 207 (“Pretty Much Dead Already”), which revealed Sophia in the barn, is the third showrunner on the AMC drama since it launched in 2010. The first was Frank Darabont, who left during season 2. He was replaced by Glen Mazzara, who left just as AMC greenlit a fourth season. But the revolving chair in the writers room hasn’t affected ratings: The series continues to attract double-digit viewership.

what's this, the 4th showrunner?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #235
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz

The quote you posted says 3rd showrunner.

Either way, I don't think this will really affect the quality of the show. If anything, he will be an improvement over Glen Mazzara
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #236
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

3rd season is weak imo. Change of showrunner can only bring an improvement...
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #237
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz

Every single Toy Story(and pixar film) had a different producer, this is nothing to worry about.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #238
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Theory on Tyrese's group.

This is just a theory, no spoilers or anything. Last we saw Tyrese's group at the prison Rick went nuts and Glen led them out a side door. After Glen led them out we have no idea what he said or where they went. They would have needed help to leave through all the gates and someone to come behind them and shut them. Now with Glen in the state of mind he was in with his hatred for the governor, what if he told them that he could gain them a spot in the prison if they infiltrated Woodbury and killed the governor. This could explain why when Rick was wondering crazy outside the prison Glen was so Hell bent on leaving in a vehicle to go 'patrol the outside of the prison.' When they show Glen come back during the Governors attack he takes a while to get there and comes from way down the road, so maybe he told Tyrese to wait outside the prison for a while, then he picked them up and drove them to the Woodbury area where they just waited to be found and are now pretending to join Woodbury just to take out the governor.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #239
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You know what the payoff will be? The two white guys join the Governor, the two black characters will realize he's crazier than Rick and go back to the prison. Guaranteed.

It really is absurd how nobody gave a f*ck about TDog.

How can someone actually claim the opposite? The writing is f*cking horrible, yet there are still people who actually defend the show? It's about zombies, that's why I watch it. Nontheless, it's clearly a guilty pleasure and a very poorly executed story.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #240
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
How can someone actually claim the opposite? The writing is f*cking horrible, yet there are still people who actually defend the show? It's about zombies, that's why I watch it. Nontheless, it's clearly a guilty pleasure and a very poorly executed story.
What do you think that is so bad about writing?
I had a long discussion with 2 friends who are total fanboys and they claim that character development is amazing, while I think that characters are rather inconsistent...
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: