Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #256
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

I used to hate the lil f*ck, now I'm a fan.

Solid episode overall.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #257
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Lennie James is a hell of an actor, gotta admit though, I was hoping he'd join the rest of the group at the prison.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #258
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Lennie James is a hell of an actor, gotta admit though, I was hoping he'd join the rest of the group at the prison.
that'd make it blatantly clear how bad of actors most of the rest of the cast is though.

all in all pretty damn good bottle episode really. in no small part because of James.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #259
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000

I was really impressed. I hope he makes another appearance before the end of the series. But they did finish that story on a good note.

I was also hoping that guy would still be running down the road at the end of the episode but he got ate
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #260
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I was really impressed. I hope he makes another appearance before the end of the series. But they did finish that story on a good note.

I was also hoping that guy would still be running down the road at the end of the episode but he got ate
what did they pick up inn the car at the end?
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #261
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
what did they pick up inn the car at the end?
dead dude's backpack
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 AM   #262
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
that'd make it blatantly clear how bad of actors most of the rest of the cast is though.

all in all pretty damn good bottle episode really. in no small part because of James.

Exactly. James outacted anyone I can remember on the show. Rooker is a hell of an actor but they don't give him anything to work with.

I'd say this was the best written episode of the series. There was an A and B story (albeit the Carl/Michonne one was much weaker), all four characters had direct goals and motivations for their actions, and there were some subtle metaphors/themes. Well, subtle for this show.

I do have to say that I'm blown away by their marketing campaign for this show. They have their hand in everything from apps, games, music, twitter, that dumb talk show, and they permeate everything about AMC. AMC also uses them to flawlessly build an audience for their other shows. It's full on sheep herding the audience and juicing their wallets. Brilliant shit.

I mean they're making money by re-running 3 year old episodes of Walking Dead by simply taking the color out of them.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #263
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

one thing that's been bothering me, and it's nitpicking I know, but wtf are they eating? I'm not asking for scenes of them sitting around a table eating and talking about their day or something, but just a throwaway line or something. have Glenn eating a bowl of ramen the next time Rick walks up to him, something.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #264
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

HOLY BRO
should michonne be eating fried chicken?!?!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #265
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
one thing that's been bothering me, and it's nitpicking I know, but wtf are they eating? I'm not asking for scenes of them sitting around a table eating and talking about their day or something, but just a throwaway line or something. have Glenn eating a bowl of ramen the next time Rick walks up to him, something.

Well Michonne was crunching on something for a second today.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #266
DuMa
Canned

they also showed the prison eating area and the food storage next to the shit locker. theyre eating the prison food
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:40 AM   #267
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:

They've talked and showed what they ate plenty of times tho.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #268
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

This was the best episode of the season so far.

I've got a few guesses as to why. One, it veered away, mostly anyway, from the now drawn out story line with The Governor and Woodberry. There's only so much posturing and hand wringing and arguing that can be done about that situation, on both sides, before the audience bores of it and just wants something to happen. It feels like we've long exceded that point.

Secondly, one of the things this show should be doing better all the time is set production, and this episode was great. Morgan's boobie trapped old west style main street town was awesome. It was eerie. It was shot well, exposing all the warnings slowly. The desolate landscape of the situation should be one of the show's defining characteristics, as it was when they introduced us to Atlanta. Unfortunately that's expensive, so we've been stuck for 2 seasons now on a stock farm set, an even more stock prison set, and Woodberry which actually looks like a set of school play sets. People say they like the show better when the characters are on the run, not stuck in one place, but they mostly say it's because they're gonna hunker down and argue about things, and just keep running over the same theoretical questions they always do. But I think it has a lot to do with the desire to explore this fictional world they've created.

Thirdly, by paring down the cast and the plot last night, we were able to get some further insight into the characters. That was by far the best we've gotten from the Michone character. She was able to do some things that served the character by helping Carl, rather than just pushing plot, by being this foil to the governor, a spurned lover who's girlfriend left her for this nut job who's got decent scotch.

This whole episode allowed them to get away from the now stale Governor plot to a degree. Open up the characters. Explore fresh physical territory. And even had a payoff to an old storyline with Morgan, which I feel like was supposed to give Rick a view of what could be coming to his sanity as part of the larger story, but for it's immediate purposes was more of a brief injection of fresh blood.
And I liked the little parable with the hiker guy. Showing they aren't the "good guys" we're often set to think about them as. Rick still has serious trust issues. And at the end of the day the guys pack was worth backing up for, but the guy himself was worth going after not once but twice.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #269
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Wtf does "I need to clear" mean??? Would have been sick to have Morgan come back with the camp + it would mean more guns...Rick took like 2 bags he should have smuggled a couple more Ak's or something
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #270
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I liked what Morgan did with that block. The set up was nice. Too bad he's batshit insane.

Apparently, Michonne can teleport. That will come in handy against the Woodbury people.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: