Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #16
DaHeezy
College star

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
Last nite was pretty intense, though im a little dissapointed the way ricks group just sorta goes in guns ablazing' the interrogating scenes were a little weak, after crossing lines like animal cruelty and abortion, but the point was gotten.

Definately looking forward to next week, hoping the prison storyline doesnt end this season because im looking forward to a few more events to happen.

You're forecasting. No comic references or comparisons here

Last edited by DaHeezy : 11-26-2012 at 12:59 PM.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #17
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

I can see John Ritter for sure. Not Threes Company John Ritter, and he's too young to be John Ritter from that show he was in when he died. But I can totally see something in the middle.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

You're forecasting. No comic references or comparisons here

and If i did any of that, you'd actually have a valid reference for complaining. i think you just dont want me in this thread now, kinda silly IMO
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
DaHeezy
College star

Quote:
and If i did any of that, you'd actually have a valid reference for complaining. i think you just dont want me in this thread now, kinda silly IMO

Nobody is kicking you out. You're very much welcome to post. But saying you're anitcipating a few more events suggest that the prison will still be a signifcant portion of later episodes. Who knows, they may abandon the prison all together since the Govenor knows of it's existance. The fact that you have referenced to comic many times in the other thread may lead people to believe that.
But my apologies if that was not your intention. just want to keep this clear of the comics and any of it's references
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #20
bluechox2
#knickstape

that was actually intense, had me at the edge of my chair. i hope the governor dies while his dick is inside andrea and his fuc king dead sperm eats her alive. that **** is plain stupid at everything

glen took out that walker like a man, he just got a gold medal in my book, leveled up to BRUT rating. possible rape scene was kinda disturbing

michonne has no people skills whatsoever, i wonder what her job was before zombie apocalypse?

i bet daryl is gonna kill his brother...after his brother tries to take him out first...cus big bro has no place in the group and needs the governor to survive and i cant see daryl leaving the group to join these people

preview looks epic...cant wait
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #21
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
that was actually intense, had me at the edge of my chair. i hope the governor dies while his dick is inside andrea and his fuc king dead sperm eats her alive. that **** is plain stupid at everything

glen took out that walker like a man, he just got a gold medal in my book, leveled up to BRUT rating. possible rape scene was kinda disturbing

michonne has no people skills whatsoever, i wonder what her job was before zombie apocalypse?

i bet daryl is gonna kill his brother...after his brother tries to take him out first...cus big bro has no place in the group and needs the governor to survive and i cant see daryl leaving the group to join these people

preview looks epic...cant wait

DMV worker?
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #22
heyhey
stay mad golden state

michone joining the group upsets me even though I knew it was coming. She has no redeeming quality as a character and really illustrates the moral ambiguity of this tribal conflict.

I dig the governor and his feigned civility. Hopefully he takes out some members of the group i can't stand like Glenn and Michonne before they kill him off.

really like how they replaced Tdog with a bigger more silent black guy, wish his character gets developed a little more.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #23
bluechox2
#knickstape

liked the way governor was hyped to believe that the group is one bad ass group of killers. Glen going apeshit and rumor of 10 clearing out the prison when governor thought it was impossible...and they just went up another 50 points by adding master samurai to the group
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #24
DuMa
Canned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Milton, the Governor's lab guy, looks so much like John Ritter. I can't get over it, I'm thinking about it every time he's on screen.

the Governor is like a poor man's version of Liam Neeson if you want to go that route.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #25
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Nobody is kicking you out. You're very much welcome to post. But saying you're anitcipating a few more events suggest that the prison will still be a signifcant portion of later episodes. Who knows, they may abandon the prison all together since the Govenor knows of it's existance. The fact that you have referenced to comic many times in the other thread may lead people to believe that.
But my apologies if that was not your intention. just want to keep this clear of the comics and any of it's references

I had no intentions of doing such things, as my post clearly didn't infer anything else other than 'events'. Those events could be anything, but I am looking forward to a few things.

That being said, I thought it was interesting that rick decided to just go, he left the prisoners with a woman who was just dehydrated for a period of time and a newborn?

I'm confused as to why the hell maggie needs to ask to talk to glenn when the walls are clearly thin enough to just start yelling, unless they need to whisper(?).

Now for those of you experiencing *just* the TV show, what are your thoughts on the Governor?
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #26
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Milton, the Governor's lab guy, looks so much like John Ritter. I can't get over it, I'm thinking about it every time he's on screen.

Best me to it. That's all I see when they show him and if Ritter weren't dead in real life I'd swear it was him cause that dude is a Jack Tripper clone.

(Zombies singing in background to Three's Company beat):
"Come on into the woods, (echo) come on into the woods/
We've been waiting for you, (echo) we've been waiting for you/
We're gonna bite you on your arms and neck and legs probably eat you, too"

Even has me thinking Ritter must have a brother or something, actually gonna find out who the guy is now.

Last edited by WillyJakk : 11-27-2012 at 12:48 AM.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #27
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I had no intentions of doing such things, as my post clearly didn't infer anything else other than 'events'. Those events could be anything, but I am looking forward to a few things.

That being said, I thought it was interesting that rick decided to just go, he left the prisoners with a woman who was just dehydrated for a period of time and a newborn?

I'm confused as to why the hell maggie needs to ask to talk to glenn when the walls are clearly thin enough to just start yelling, unless they need to whisper(?).

Now for those of you experiencing *just* the TV show, what are your thoughts on the Governor?

I think one of the issues the show is having with dealing with Governor vs. the expectations of the reading audience is that they've clearly taken a hidden approach to revealing him, which I'm not sure they did in the comics, since I didn't read them.
They're using this character to mislead the audience. They give you Andrea for the audiences' perspective. She's pretty happy there. Place seems safe and comfortable. Then they use his dark side as shocking reveal to the audience to build tension.
In Game of Thrones for example, Ned Stark's death in season one was a shock, but it was written that way in the book. I get the feeling The Governor's psychosis is much more up front in the books here. Hiding it leaves the character feeling flat for the time being. Only hinting at stuff about him, then revealing things when Andrea isn't around.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #28
niko
I Run NY.

I don't get why people can't watch what they post. If you post you are looking forward to next week because of what happens, clearly you are implying you know something happening. Not every episode has a huge event.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #29
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I don't get why people can't watch what they post. If you post you are looking forward to next week because of what happens, clearly you are implying you know something happening. Not every episode has a huge event.

Well next week is the midseason finale and the next episode after that will be the second half premiere, its probably going to be good if they stay consistent with past seasons
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
jaydacris
Rose

comic spoiler which i will not hide:

more zombies will be killed in upcoming episodes
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: