Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #286
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
They do only use the smell concept when it's convenient for them. They totally ditched it at the start of season two, when the horde came at them and they were hiding under the cars. TDog was hemoraging blood, but none of the zombies could smell anything, and didn't react until they heard noise. It was a nice concept, something to specifically seperate their zombies, but they aren't as consistent with their concepts as they could be (that was one of the interesting things about that first season and a half of True Blood, was that they invented these vampire concepts, like the being invited in, the silver, and they kind of made them work all over the story).
They do kind of hint at the smell thing though from time to time, like Michone and her chained zombies, and recently Andrea used the chained zombie to get to the prison.
This part confuses me on how it is supposed to work. Having a chain on a zombie or the device Andrea used somehow makes a difference then not having one.

When the zombies attack they swarm and their scent is in the air yet they still locate the target. If they were released would the zombies instantly attack?
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #287
Droid101
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
(that was one of the interesting things about that first season and a half of True Blood, was that they invented these vampire concepts, like the being invited in, the silver, and they kind of made them work all over the story).
For the record, True Blood did NOT invent the 'vampires must be invited in' thing.

Off the top of my head, the movie "Let the Right One In" and the shows "Angel" and "Buffy" feature this mythology.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #288
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
Great observation! However, we can't assume that it's also safe to just smear yourself with blood and guts on a daily basis.

Also it would be a pain in the ass. Imagine having to not only have to find guts everyday but also have to clean them off at the end of the day. It'd be a putrid inconvenience.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #289
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
So should we expect Andrea killing off the governor? I mean last week's closing scene was the biggest foreshadowing ever. I just hope there's an epic last battle and some crazy shit happens at the end of the season.

I expect it to be like Morgan's story of his wife and kid, meaning she will kill him, but it will be too late after he kills somebody from the main group.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #290
Myth

Great episode, but 1 thing bothered me. If they were so close to Rick's home town that he was a sheriff of, then why did he not know about the prison in the 1st place and act like they stumbled across some prison he was not aware of?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #291
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Great episode, but 1 thing bothered me. If they were so close to Rick's home town that he was a sheriff of, then why did he not know about the prison in the 1st place and act like they stumbled across some prison he was not aware of?

I didnt hear any mention to the proximity of the town. It's clear it wasn't within walking distance as they used a car. However, the beginning of this journey started with him looking for his wife and kid, and then his son was shot, his wife/best friend have a semi-affair. Perhaps it just skipped his mind?

sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #292
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
For the record, True Blood did NOT invent the 'vampires must be invited in' thing.

Off the top of my head, the movie "Let the Right One In" and the shows "Angel" and "Buffy" feature this mythology.

I actually remember it being the Lost Boys.

And to the guy saying "it'd be an inconvenience cleaning off zombie guts everyday", no problem, I'd be using the remains of your mangled body inconveniencing myself everytime I had to go on a mission, clothes, too probably.

Thanks for not inconveniencing yourself and contributing to the rest of the survivors.

'preciate that.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #293
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
I didnt hear any mention to the proximity of the town. It's clear it wasn't within walking distance as they used a car. However, the beginning of this journey started with him looking for his wife and kid, and then his son was shot, his wife/best friend have a semi-affair. Perhaps it just skipped his mind?

I doubt they drove 500 miles or anything. It seems to me they didn't drive all that far, otherwise they are just as well off looking at bars that are closer to see if they have guns.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #294
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
I doubt they drove 500 miles or anything. It seems to me they didn't drive all that far, otherwise they are just as well off looking at bars that are closer to see if they have guns.

First of all, why did they even go back?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #295
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
First of all, why did they even go back?

They went back because Rick knew that his sheriff's office at least at one time had a weapon stash and they were hoping it was still there.

I'm ok with him not knowing about the prison. If it's even two counties over it only has to be a few hour drive and he doesn't really need to know about it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #296
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
We are going to amp up the threat of the walkers, because they've started to seem like a manageable threat. They are not a manageable threat. But, it is the people who you think you can trust who betray you, that you have to fear. It is the monster inside you. We all have them. How do we keep them in check?... You never know who is going to, you know, who is going to be the one who's had enough. Like, Shane saw Rick as a threat to their survival. He's not the only one who's going to have those feelings... I think the characters are going to really have a lot of difficult things thrown at them that they're going to have to deal with. But there's going to be no shortage of action, either!"
season 4 quote
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #297
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Has Rick ever said he was unaware of the prison being there?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #298
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Has Rick ever said he was unaware of the prison being there?

Well they found it by complete accident, so he probably didn't know about it.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #299
Niytrus
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Well they found it by complete accident, so he probably didn't know about it.

I would say it is possible he "knew" about it, but didn't know its exact location. There is a prison a couple counties away from where I live but I wouldn't know how to get there without a map...
Niytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #300
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niytrus
I would say it is possible he "knew" about it, but didn't know its exact location. There is a prison a couple counties away from where I live but I wouldn't know how to get there without a map...

Also maybe it just didn't dawn on him that it would make a viable camp.

I really don't think it matters much.

They conveniently shrunk the map to do this single bottle episode, I don't see it as that big of a deal.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: