Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #301
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niytrus
I would say it is possible he "knew" about it, but didn't know its exact location. There is a prison a couple counties away from where I live but I wouldn't know how to get there without a map...

Well he's a cop. A few counties over, he'd still know it was there. He'd be arresting and seeing people get transferred over there all the time. He'd see that people served time over there when he read there file. It'd be impossible for him not to know all the prisons within his area, you'd think anyways.

Guess you gotta assume he thought it wouldn't make a good base or it just slipped his mind. I wouldn't hit a prison up either, might be filled with guns and food but along with that comes however many prisoners that could have survived.

I think that's why they started the episode with them on the road and ended it the same way. Point could be moot because for all we know it was like 7 hours away, normally a drive that far wouldn't make sense but when you're gearing up for war it would make sense to go as far as possible to get weapons you know exist. Like he said he knew everybody who had guns in that town. Clearly didn't want to show us how close the two places are.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #302
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I think that's why they started the episode with them on the road and ended it the same way. Point could be moot because for all we know it was like 7 hours away, normally a drive that far wouldn't make sense but when you're gearing up for war it would make sense to go as far as possible to get weapons you know exist. Like he said he knew everybody who had guns in that town. Clearly didn't want to show us how close the two places are.

This. We have no idea how far away that town was.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #303
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How close are Woodbury and the prison? They can't be that far apart if Andrea could slowly walk with a zombie without it getting dark outside when she arrived.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #304
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Also maybe it just didn't dawn on him that it would make a viable camp.

I really don't think it matters much.

They conveniently shrunk the map to do this single bottle episode, I don't see it as that big of a deal.
this
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #305
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I have 3 gripes about this season so far..

Lori being 'eaten'..even if she was, she's unlucky as hell.

Daryl being 'captured'.

And the idea that Herschel's is the only hair that grew.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #306
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Great episode, but 1 thing bothered me. If they were so close to Rick's home town that he was a sheriff of, then why did he not know about the prison in the 1st place and act like they stumbled across some prison he was not aware of?

Rick's home town is Cynthiana, KY which is about 6 hours from Atlanta. From what we know about the groups traveling into Atlanta in season 1 and then their travel to Hershels farm and the prison they are most likely still within 1-2 hours of Atlanta which means the prison is anywhere from 4-8 hours from Rick's hometown
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #307
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Exactly. And it manifests itself physically in his literally "clearing" his traps. And putting the zombies to burn. That's what he's actually doing right after his rant. But yeah, his story is meant to be a butterfly effect against Rick's, which I didn't actually remember until they showed the "previously on" segment before the show, which also ruined the reveal of him for me, but whatever.
It would've been cool for him to join the group, but this moved his arch to a logical conclusion. It would be cool if the group joined him and became a more aggressive zombie eradification mob. That'd make more interesting programming.

I guess now they also leave open a somewhat safe place the group could retreat to if things go bad at the prison
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #308
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
I guess now they also leave open a somewhat safe place the group could retreat to if things go bad at the prison

...very tempted to reveal comic spoilers here...

but i wont :)
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #309
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsRisin2DaTop
http://misclivestream.blogspot.com/p...king-dead.html

confirmed working link, I've used it when I didn't have cable.

just refresh page at show time
Bump.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #310
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

LongLiveTheKing has decent reputationLongLiveTheKing has decent reputation

So fvcking excited for the Rick and Governor finally meeting!
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #311
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

'Clear' was the worst episode of the Walking Dead series. Hopefully the one tonight will make up for it.

Hopefully Andrea dies a painful death. Hate that ****ing character so much.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #312
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
I have 3 gripes about this season so far..

Lori being 'eaten'..even if she was, she's unlucky as hell.

Daryl being 'captured'.

And the idea that Herschel's is the only hair that grew.
Lori was never 'eatin' what are you even talking about?

They have tools to cut hair/shave, again what are you talking about?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #313
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

LongLiveTheKing has decent reputationLongLiveTheKing has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
Lori was never 'eatin' what are you even talking about?

They have tools to cut hair/shave, again what are you talking about?
Lori was eaten after she died. When Rick went to the room where she was eaten there was a bullet where her body was, and a fat zombie sitting near here.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #314
Budadiiii
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
Lori was eaten after she died. When Rick went to the room where she was eaten there was a bullet where her body was, and a fat zombie sitting near here.
Oh yeah. He confused me by saying she was unlucky. How is she unlucky? She was already dead. Because Rick didn't get to see her dead, bloody body with a bullet in her brain? I don't get it

Unless he means she's unlucky because her dead body didn't get to be buried... which seems like a weird thing to be bothered about, but whatever
Old 03-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #315
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
'Clear' was the worst episode of the Walking Dead series. Hopefully the one tonight will make up for it.

Hopefully Andrea dies a painful death. Hate that ****ing character so much.

It's actually widely hailed as one of the best since season 1. Just one more reason why you're a fucking moron.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: