Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #331
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

So, the suggested solution is to decapitate a leader just to demonstrate fear? That's the same thing the Governor currently is?

Rick is not that type of leader and is only becoming that slightly due to necessity. Besides, Rick is not out for 'power', he's trying to rebuild a society using the tools he has/knows as a law enforcement officer, not some crazy wackjob living out a fantasy.

Rick needs the people of woodbury more than they need to be afraid of him. Image a properly trained army of 20 with those resources? Imagine protecting an actual village?
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #332
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I can see a number of reasons why he didn't shoot the Governor there with the most obvious being that it would have risked the lives of Daryl and Hershel.
there were only andrea, the nerd guy and the juiced guy with the bat... daryl could have taken care of him, the other two wouldnt have done anything...
but its a tv show they gotta make simple things complicated ...
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #333
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

and another sex scene but no tits ...
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #334
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Just caught up with the show since I had nothing else to watch, when are they gonna stop with these filler episodes? What did "Clear" achieve? Or the bonding session of henchmen? It's funny how as a zombie show, the zombies are now the last thing to concern people for the last two seasons.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #335
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Just caught up with the show since I had nothing else to watch, when are they gonna stop with these filler episodes? What did "Clear" achieve? Or the bonding session of henchmen? It's funny how as a zombie show, the zombies are now the last thing to concern people for the last two seasons.

I think the show is more about telling a story of us as people than about the actual zombies. Zombies simply serve as a major threat not as the main focus of the show. Besides, what can you do with simply the zombies for 4 seasons? Needs to be some sort of short-term goals to keep the people situated in a single location for a certain period. Otherwise, it would simply be driving from place to place without anything new happening. Might be occasional divisions and fights within the group but not much else.

I feel as if they are keeping the episodes too stagnant. These episodes need to move at a little bit faster pace or simply cut out some chunks that are unnecessary to progress the plot (or main picture, however you want to label it). + maybe add slightly more action as you mentioned. The only action we have in last 3 episodes so far is Glenn entering Maggie's pants.

Last edited by bladefd : 03-11-2013 at 06:53 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #336
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Take out the Governor, walk in with his head on a stick, and there's absolutely no reason to think they wouldn't kiss Rick's feet.

Why do you think it would go that smoothly? Wouldn't that pretty much make the Governor a martyr? The people of Woodbury don't know what we know. They only know that Rick is one of the people who was shooting at them, and the lies that the Governor told them. Also, the people that Rick kicked out of the prison are at Woodbury. Now, you throw in Rick murdering the Governor during a peace talk? Most of them would probably be scared to death of him and would want to leave. To the Woodbury people, Rick's the crazy guy who just murdered their leader in cold blood. Some might see him as a bigger threat then the zombies.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #337
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
there were only andrea, the nerd guy and the juiced guy with the bat... daryl could have taken care of him, the other two wouldnt have done anything...
but its a tv show they gotta make simple things complicated ...

Martinez (the juiced guy with the bat) had an MP5 while Daryl only had his crossbow. Milton had a gun, too. Hershel was the one with the guns from the prison side.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #338
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Why do you think it would go that smoothly? Wouldn't that pretty much make the Governor a martyr? The people of Woodbury don't know what we know. They only know that Rick is one of the people who was shooting at them, and the lies that the Governor told them. Also, the people that Rick kicked out of the prison are at Woodbury. Now, you throw in Rick murdering the Governor during a peace talk? Most of them would probably be scared to death of him and would want to leave. To the Woodbury people, Rick's the crazy guy who just murdered their leader in cold blood. Some might see him as a bigger threat then the zombies.

Those are all valid points, however who cares about the majority of people at woodbury. They are all sheep and like Chris Hardwick said on Talking Dead they seem like they are upset about a Starbucks closing and don't realize they are in a zombie apocolypse. Only the opinion of the Governers 'soldiers' really matter and in this episode it seemed Martinez and Milton could easily be swayed to become allies with Rick's group. They don't seem to like what the governor is doing and just go along with him because they happen to be in his group
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #339
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I think the show is more about telling a story of us as people than about the actual zombies. Zombies simply serve as a major threat not as the main focus of the show. Besides, what can you do with simply the zombies for 4 seasons? Needs to be some sort of short-term goals to keep the people situated in a single location for a certain period. Otherwise, it would simply be driving from place to place without anything new happening. Might be occasional divisions and fights within the group but not much else.

I feel as if they are keeping the episodes too stagnant. These episodes need to move at a little bit faster pace or simply cut out some chunks that are unnecessary to progress the plot (or main picture, however you want to label it). + maybe add slightly more action as you mentioned. The only action we have in last 3 episodes so far is Glenn entering Maggie's pants.

First half of the season was non-stop action and the past 3 episodes have been no action. They need to do a better job of blending these epsidoes together throughout the season. I can deal with 1 episode with little action, I even enjoy all the plot stuff, but 3 in a row is too much.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #340
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

What I guess I'm asking is some development on the whole zombie apocalypse plot, I liked this show because of how the first season progressed and ended. Since then it's like the apocalypse is just gonna be as it is, people going back to stone age type of life this time they are just outnumbered by a huge number of brainless predators.
I would love for them to include some Resident Evil type of elements in there, like have some zombies evolve a bit, or get in some zombies on roids and shit. I can get my human on human war action from other shows and flicks, what's the difference between this show and other shows if what they are gonna end up doing is just going to war with other humans. Zombies in this show are tamed and stupid and an afterthought.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #341
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What I guess I'm asking is some development on the whole zombie apocalypse plot, I liked this show because of how the first season progressed and ended. Since then it's like the apocalypse is just gonna be as it is, people going back to stone age type of life this time they are just outnumbered by a huge number of brainless predators.
I would love for them to include some Resident Evil type of elements in there, like have some zombies evolve a bit, or get in some zombies on roids and shit. I can get my human on human war action from other shows and flicks, what's the difference between this show and other shows if what they are gonna end up doing is just going to war with other humans. Zombies in this show are tamed and stupid and an afterthought.
the theme of the show is supposed to be the apocalipse happened now what? Is not supposed to be some action flick where they shoot zombies, is supposed to be a survival flick where they try to survive and take day by day. Yes the humans are the main bad guys but you don't expect mindless zombies to do something extraordinarily evil right?
is pretty much what I said the world went to sh1t now what? You just the best and the worst of people in this story as simple as that.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #342
alenleomessi

Quote:
Martinez (the juiced guy with the bat) had an MP5 while Daryl only had his crossbow. Milton had a gun, too. Hershel was the one with the guns from the prison side.
also he seemed like a nice guy and im not sure he would have shot daryl after that bro talk they had
Old 03-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #343
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito

btw dunksby, there was a quote a few seasons back by the showrunner saying (im paraphrasing) "the audience are beginning to think that the zombies are no longer dangerous...we will show that they are still very much a danger to the humans" so you may be getting what you want soon

i meant to say a few weeks back, not seasons

Last edited by rezznor : 03-14-2013 at 01:45 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #344
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
btw dunksby, there was a quote a few seasons back by the showrunner saying (im paraphrasing) "the audience are beginning to think that the zombies are no longer dangerous...we will show that they are still very much a danger to the humans" so you may be getting what you want soon

This. The writers have not forgotten about the zombies. I'm guessing another horde shows up towards the end of S3.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #345
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i think they are showing zombies evolving a bit. We've seen it numerous times this season. We seen a couple zombies hiding behind walls, peaking around the corner, plotting.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: