Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #361
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I'm on the verge of dropping this show. Too many damn boring episodes before you get to one that makes you look forward to next week.

I didn't find this episode boring. My complaint is the same as bladefd's, but I didn't think it was boring. In that little wearhouse, it gave me the vibe of Terminator when Sarah Connor is hiding and slowly being tracked. The music was a good touch too. So stupid? Yeah, the psychic governor. But I didn't find it boring.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #362
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Maybe the worst episode this season? Governor is the second coming of god that knows where everyone is at every moment. He is a super powerful tracker that can also read minds. That is what the writers have made him out to be this episode. I am just simply baffled - over and over, the guy kept finding the exact location and coordinates of Andrea. What do the writers think we are? Foolish idiots with the minds of 8yr olds???

This episode was a disgrace, and the writers should be ashamed of themselves. Only thing I liked from entire episode is that Andrea will be dead soon. Good riddance. Most annoying and dumbest character in the show - maybe 2nd only to the dum great goddess Lori.

Anyone else feel like they wasted their 1hr of their life? I sure do. Just HORRENDOUS.

You've pretty much got it all wrong.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #363
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You've pretty much got it all wrong.

Do explain
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #364
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Maybe the worst episode this season? Governor is the second coming of god that knows where everyone is at every moment. He is a super powerful tracker that can also read minds. That is what the writers have made him out to be this episode. I am just simply baffled - over and over, the guy kept finding the exact location and coordinates of Andrea. What do the writers think we are? Foolish idiots with the minds of 8yr olds???

This episode was a disgrace, and the writers should be ashamed of themselves. Only thing I liked from entire episode is that Andrea will be dead soon. Good riddance. Most annoying and dumbest character in the show - maybe 2nd only to the dum great goddess Lori.

Anyone else feel like they wasted their 1hr of their life? I sure do. Just HORRENDOUS.

No, I didn't mind that episode. Is it that much of a stretch? He knew where she was headed and what route she likely took. She wasn't far away when he went looking for her, so spotting her out in a wide open field isn't that much of a stretch. I missed the beginning of when he found her the 2nd time at that place, so I don't know how that all went down. Finding her at the end wasn't really much of a stretch either. They were both in the same area and he could have just followed her or simply headed straight towards the prison. She was rather tired at the point and was likely going pretty slow. The thing is he knew where she was headed, so do you think he doesn't know the area at all or something? You're talking about a person in a truck vs. a person walking. And for the sake of the plot, I don't really effing care. It happens all the time in movies. Ever watch T2? The T-1000 just happened to find John out on the highway out of the blue.

Milton is also ****ed...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #365
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Suddenly those episodes when they were on Herschel's farm don't seem so bad now eh?
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #366
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Certainly not my favorite episode, but they did do some things well.

It's a really well shot show. The warehouse scene looked really good, and had some genuinely tense moments. The scene with her hiding behind the box and him approaching dragging the shovel was really well done. Her escape at the end was well crafted.

The problem was that this was essentially another bottle episode, because we saw a very limited number of characters, but it was a bottle episode about some terrible characters. The Governor has been awfull, and it's really time to finish this story line. I don't know if it was the hype surrounding the character, or the amount of sacrificing they had to do from the source material, or that the guy playing him can't swing it, or what, but the character has fallen flat. When they said "only two more episodes left!!" when it ended, I couldn't believe there were still two left. It just doesn't feel like they had the material to do this full season.
So the whole episode centered around the awfull Governor, the rediculous Andrea, and then the B-plot was Martinez, who seemed to just get a name last week, bickering with the black guy, who's also becoming a one note "now ... we aint looking foh no trubble ear!" guy.

They really need to finish this season and move on. Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing the prison destroyed during some kind of a battle, and the group having to move on. Again, the show works best when they're on the move and struggling to survive. They can either be driven in that direction by a threat (the stick), or baited that way by hope (the carrot), like the CDC. But either way they have to move.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #367
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Making this "season" 16 episodes was a big mistake. Shit's really dragging. Hell the cold open was a flashback that showed you...nothing. Michonne doesn't like to talk. That's news.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #368
sixerfan82
College star

Don't post spoilers.

Last edited by insidehoops : 03-18-2013 at 09:26 PM.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #369
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Last two episodes have been meh but I expect shit's going down soon. Hope Rick doesn't hand over Mashone. She is a huge asset and has earned her place.

Andrea is gonna get it but she choose her fate a while back.

I hope the Gov dies a slow agonizing death. Pour gas and sand in his eye, put his nuts in a vise til they pop, pull his teeth out, break his legs and then throw him in the middle of a pack of walkers.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #370
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Erase that last sentence. You probably don't think so but that's another dyck move by you in this thread

Of course he knows it's a dick move. Dude gets off on spoiling this series for people.

Look at Milton finally growing some balls and setting fire to the zombie pit... his "Oh that sucks about the pit doesn't it" schtick pretty much confirms he did it.

Can't wait for the next 2 eps.

Last edited by ItsMillerTime : 03-18-2013 at 12:41 PM.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #371
Turkododo
High school junior varsity star

all i gotta say is that Breaking Bad >>>>>>>> Walking Dead. Breaking Bad has had but one or two bottle episodes. Walking Dead is just not on par.
Turkododo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #372
Pacers4ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkododo
all i gotta say is that Breaking Bad >>>>>>>> Walking Dead. Breaking Bad has had but one or two bottle episodes. Walking Dead is just not on par.
Because it's totally not about preferences, but since you want to go off topic. GoT > BB.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #373
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #374
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
Because it's totally not about preferences, but since you want to go off topic. GoT > BB.
Deciding between GoT and BB is preference, TWD is not near that level...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #375
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Exclamation Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkododo
Your opinion doesn't mean SQUAT. GET THE FUCK OUT.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: