Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #421
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
The show is not even remotely similar to the comics at this point. Merle is not in the comics.
He just doesn't want you spoiling stuff that may happen in the future. If you were following the entire convo, that fck boy from south jersey was trying to spoil tonight's episode.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #422
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
He just doesn't want you spoiling stuff that may happen in the future. If you were following the entire convo, that fck boy from south jersey was trying to spoil tonight's episode.

Oh ok.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #423
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

spoiler alert:

shits about to go down next week
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #424
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
spoiler alert:

shits about to go down next week

I just hope it ends. I'm kind of bored with the whole governor storyline. They could have dealt with it in half the time.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #425
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Norman Reedus acted the shit out of that death scene, by Walking Dead standards. Good for him.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #426
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

At least Merle did a few good deeds before he died.

but the Walking Dead producers are just conflicted as hell i bet to kill off these incredibly interesting characters like Shane and Merle. But their death benefits the show until another interesting bad boy with great survival instincts steals the show. Its becoming a vicious cycle.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:44 AM   #427
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RIP Merle Dixon.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #428
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought this was a really solid episode. I really believe the show does it's best when it limits it's focus per episode. And this one bounced around a little, but it really centered on Merle. It's bouncing around was really limited to bouncing various characters off of Merle.

It's really time for this Governor character to run it's course. It's really crazy how much Michone has developed in a few episodes after a full season of almost nothing.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #429
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I thought this was a really solid episode. I really believe the show does it's best when it limits it's focus per episode. And this one bounced around a little, but it really centered on Merle. It's bouncing around was really limited to bouncing various characters off of Merle.

Yeah, it's because it had the traditional 3 acts, small story, different locations, and an actual goal.

Act 1: We need to get Michonne to the place.
Act 2: Merle grabs her, they travel, he lets her go.
Act 3: Merle goes off alone.

The story is all Merle. People bounce ideas off of him, talk to him, and he is the driving force behind the episode. He actually grows a little, or lets out real parts of himself.

Prison, walking in neighborhood, abandoned house, abandoned motel, road, bar, drop point... 5 of those are new.

But it figures they kill off the best actor on the show... I get that characters need to die because it proves the threats are real, but why get rid of a dynamic character and good actor? Just get rid of some bland one note character, they have a ton to choose from.

Last edited by ProfessorMurder : 03-25-2013 at 10:23 AM.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #430
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Meh, lame story so far Season 1 was the only good season so far
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #431
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
The story is all Merle. People bounce ideas off of him, talk to him, and he is the driving force behind the episode. He actually grows a little, or lets out real parts of himself.

I think Merle was always a good guy, but he let his bad side overtake his good. I think we all have a good side to us and a bad. Merle was overall a good guy but misunderstood, and it is only now that we truly understand him. Remember, people -Governor & Rick to some degree, Shane before Rick arrived- were using him for their own gain much of the time (not that Merle was a saint, but we can now understand the reasons behind his aggression).

Throughout the journey, Merle does grow a bit, but we also start to know him a bit better. I think he was a bit insecure in trying to get accepted by others, but nobody was accepting him like his little brother Daryl. People looked down on Merle and essentially spat on him, took advantage of him and he embraced that by mirroring that anger back at everyone else. I hope I made some sense there :P

R.I.P. Merle
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #432
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I think Merle was always a good guy, but he let his bad side overtake his good. I think we all have a good side to us and a bad. Merle was overall a good guy but misunderstood, and it is only now that we truly understand him. Remember, people -Governor & Rick to some degree, Shane before Rick arrived- were using him for their own gain much of the time (not that Merle was a saint, but we can now understand the reasons behind his aggression).

Throughout the journey, Merle does grow a bit, but we also start to know him a bit better. I think he was a bit insecure in trying to get accepted by others, but nobody was accepting him like his little brother Daryl. People looked down on Merle and essentially spat on him, took advantage of him and he embraced that by mirroring that anger back at everyone else. I hope I made some sense there :P

R.I.P. Merle

I think he it was more that people mirrored him than he mirrored them. I think he felt more of a 'It's me against the world' motivation because of the abuse he experienced growing up (thus he mirrored his dad, not the way people viewed him). The time when he saw Daryl's scars was the most important reveal to his character IMO. His father beat him and he took the mentality that you got to be tough and nobody will understand him because of his past (not even his brother). I'm thinking he thought the assumed difference in their upbringing was why Daryl was softer and was more accepting of people. When he saw the scars, he realized that the difference between him and Daryl was internal and not because of the upbringing since they had gone through the same thing contrary to what he always believed.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #433
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
At least Merle did a few good deeds before he died.

but the Walking Dead producers are just conflicted as hell i bet to kill off these incredibly interesting characters like Shane and Merle. But their death benefits the show until another interesting bad boy with great survival instincts steals the show. Its becoming a vicious cycle.
they both had bigger things on their plate, that's why they got killed off.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #434
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Called it on Merle. Most predictable character arc ever.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #435
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

really hope Daryl kills the Governor
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: